My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team Takedown, an Arlington Texas group, has signed Jake Rosholt, a 3x NCAA Champion from Oklahoma State, to a contract to manage his services in the Ultimate Fighting Championships (UFC).

Rosholt is in the process of relocating to Las Vegas where he will train with UFC World Champion and former world-class Greco-Roman wrestler Randy Couture, another former Cowboy, at his Las Vegas training facility, Xtreme Couture MMA.

The management group is also in the process of talking to other well-known wrestlers including several multi-time NCAA champions who are done with their college elgibility. Their goal is to manage a maximum of three or four wrestlers who have great desire to compete in the UFC.

Joining his former Oklahoma State teamate Jake Rosholt, former NCAA champion Johnny Hendricks has signed a deal with Arlington, TX-based Team Takedown to begin training to compete in the UFC.

The MMA management group is also expected to make other announcements in the near future regarding the signing of well-known wrestlers.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Both are training with Couture in Vegas now...they're in good hands...

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/07/...-showxc-event/

July 10th, 2007 by Sam Caplan

My latest copy of ESPN the Magazine arrived on Friday but I didn’t get around to reading it today (man, I am going to really miss Dan Patrick’s “Outtakes”). They are now incorporating MMA content into their Boxing Insider section that appears towards the back of the magazine.

The magazine reports that Oklahoma State wrestlers and NCAA champs Johny Hendricks and Jake Rosholt are training for their MMA debuts at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas. It goes on to state that Penn State All-American wrestler Eric Bradley is training with Randy Couture in Vegas as well and that he’s already signed a five-fight contract with EliteXC.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jake Rosholt is 1-0 now
    http://www.ocolly.com/read_story.php?a_id=32923

The guy he beat was 2-0 against two guys with a combined 4-2 record...
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...ighterID=23254

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in OKC this weekend and we went. The crowd for Jake was nuts. The rest of the time it was fairly passive, as I don't think most of the folks knew much about MMA; they just came to see Jake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-time state champ in high school, 3-time division I national champ in college AND training with Randy Couture. That guy has a very bright future ahead of him.

Thread Information