Eagle fan here. I'm starting to see more and more that Roy Williams isn't what Cowboy fans have made him out to be. The guy stinks in coverage. What happened to this guy? Did he make his whole reputation on a few big hits?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As a Cowboys fan who loves Roy and the plays he can make around the Line of Scrimmage, I will admit that Ed Reed was the best Saftey in Roy's draft class. Roy has limitations in coverage, this is true. To his defense he has not been able to play "his" position (Saftey/Linebacker) this season due to our secondary situation. But, he needs to be better in coverage... or maybe we should just give him a few bisquits and let him be an LB.

Ice, it's easy to focus on and criticize a player when the whole defensive unit is playing bad. Williams is the real deal, he probably just feels he has to make plays, make something happen to jumpstart the defense. The Eagles had their way b/c the Cowboys have players that really shouldn't be in there. They are forced to play and go up against a good player like TO. I mean really!! It's no contest!! Yes, maybe Williams is having a subpar year, but he is forced to do more with less talent around him. Eleven players make up a defense in football, and all eleven players must function as a unit to be successful. Right now the Cowboys are not doing that.

Post Count
    He was in the Pro Bowl last year chosen by the coaches so he must be doing something right.

He is the only DB Dallas has that is worth a ....when you have to do everything...its a lot tougher.

You tend to look like in coverage when DB's fail to get a bump on a WR, especially if the WR is T.O. and let's not forget our lack of a pass rush. That doesn't help a safety out in coverage.

I think scott hit it on the head. Roy has his limitations in coverage. And he hasn't been able to play the position he needs to be playing. That's why we haven't heard much from his this year.

Rich and Smooth
    Post Count
    Eagle fan here. I'm starting to see more and more that Roy Williams isn't what Cowboy fans have made him out to be. The guy stinks in coverage. What happened to this guy? Did he make his whole reputation on a few big hits?
    Bubba, Is that you? Raggin on the Boys again?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Williams is a good decent defensive NFL Guy, lets face it he's ok, he's not supposed to be the 2nd coming of Ronnie Lott, nobody is making those aspirations

Urlacher = Overrated and often injured

Post Count
    ok enough to be a pro bowl player.

Thread Information