Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what 6-1 on the road

pitching is hanging in there...except lidge....

we just need batting in the early innings but a win is a win...

hows the cubbies??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man im a HUGE STROs fan but what the is happening!!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea dude im pissed..

trade lidge...get a pitcher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea dude im pissed..

trade lidge...get a pitcher

Yeah I would like to trade Lidge, but Garner has a hard on for him. We should have traded him 2 years ago.

Lebron does the work of three men: Larry, Curly and Moe FreeMad Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I would like to trade Lidge, but Garner has a hard on for him. We should have traded him 2 years ago.

I said that 2 years ago and nobody listened to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lidge and Dirk should write a book together, the le can be "The Art of Choking"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regardless of whether they trade lidge or just waive his ass or not, the fact is they are going to have to make a move to acquire a real closer at some point. wheeler ain't the answer.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the stros don't step it up offensively consistently, it won't matter who's closing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the stros don't step it up offensively consistently, it won't matter who's closing.
    Very True...we have some big bats in there but unless they can produce runs we might as well have lidge pitch the whole game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very True...we have some big bats in there but unless they can produce runs we might as well have lidge pitch the whole game.

they were talking about giving him some starts, but Garner love his boy and wants him to find his form again, plus with only 2 effective (well they used to be) pitches and 1 semi effective, he cant be a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Lidge to the D-Rays for Dukes or Baldelli and one of their young pitchers (McClung?)....it's a win-win for both clubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    berkman has now gone from cold to lukewarm, nice dinger last night. wheels thought about giving up it more though.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lidge is back. not just looking good but dominating. 2 weeks away from becoming the closer again.
    didnt think so many Spurs fans were stros fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lidge is back. not just looking good but dominating. 2 weeks away from becoming the closer again.
    didnt think so many Spurs fans were stros fans.

Huge Astros fan here man. Man I dont know I can trust him in that role again. Wheeler has 7 saves so far, its working why not keep him there. I would like to keep him if he can get back to form. Yes it was nice to see Berkman hit 2 homers in 2 days. I am glad we finally called up Pence, maybe this will show Burke to shape up.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    eh wheeler will blow a save in the next 2 weeks. i like him alot but im more confident with lights out lidge being the closer. as long as everyone performs well right now no need to change it. definantly like the bullpen though.

wish loretta/lamb got more starts at third than ensberg.

you guys hear about Nieve? he has to get tommy john surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one doubts Lidge's dominating stuff, they question his performance under pressure.

Let's assume that Lidge does take the Closer role over again (even though Wheeler is doing okay), and he gets lit up in this stint as well....his trade value will be shot.

Now that he's showing off his rediculously good stuff, while not blowing games, this might be the best time to trade him.

Speaking of Pence, he's currently playing out of position at CF because the Astros have no legit player at that position. Meanwhile, the D-Rays have too many MLB-ready CFs in their system and are lacking a legit bullpen....it seems like a logical marriage.

The Astros should go for Crawford, but settle for one of Baldelli/Dukes and one of the Rays young pitchers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one doubts Lidge's dominating stuff, they question his performance under pressure.

Let's assume that Lidge does take the Closer role over again (even though Wheeler is doing okay), and he gets lit up in this stint as well....his trade value will be shot.

Now that he's showing off his rediculously good stuff, while not blowing games, this might be the best time to trade him.

Speaking of Pence, he's currently playing out of position at CF because the Astros have no legit player at that position. Meanwhile, the D-Rays have too many MLB-ready CFs in their system and are lacking a legit bullpen....it seems like a logical marriage.

The Astros should go for Crawford, but settle for one of Baldelli/Dukes and one of the Rays young pitchers.
    hasn't pence been playing cf since they drafted him in 04?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh Crawford does sound enticing....I would like that. I think Lidge would be good trade bait but yeah like I said before Garner has a hard on for him and wont part. Yeah I heard about Nieve, its a damn shame, BUT Rick White is rehabing and Backe might be ready sooner than later. I dont know if that is good or Bad. I really like our bullpen, with Miller, White, Moehler, Borkowski, Wheeler, Lidge, and Qualls. Our bats are showing signs of life as well, soooo Im really getting excited. Hopefully we can sweep the reds today and get us a 3 game win streak going. Anyone in Austin other than Freemad and I. Im always down to watch a game over a beer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hasn't pence been playing cf since they drafted him in 04?
    Yes, but if you read most of the scouting reports on him, they say he's better off in left or right, defensively. He might be able to stick at CF in the short-term, but he's probably best sliding to right field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that sucks about nieve, i thought he had good stuff last year. i just don't like how unbalanced the staff is - only 2 shaky lefties (though miller hasn't been bad the last 2 seasons), and nearly the entire bullpen is slider/fastball only.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

eh wheeler isnt a true closer. id trade lidge for a proven hitting solid catcher or young 3rd baseman thats about it.
    pence started in LF/RF in AA last year and moved over to CF in the winter/ST/AAA this year.

only 2 shaky lefties (though miller hasn't been bad the last 2 seasons)
    miller joined astros in 06 and sucked until post AS break.

Patton will be the lefty in the rotation in 09 when woody is gone.
    i think he should be in AAA this year and bigs next year but w/e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh wheeler isnt a true closer. id trade lidge for a proven hitting solid catcher or young 3rd baseman thats about it.
    pence started in LF/RF in AA last year and moved over to CF in the winter/ST/AAA this year.

miller joined astros in 06 and sucked until post AS break.

Patton will be the lefty in the rotation in 09 when woody is gone.
    i think he should be in AAA this year and bigs next year but w/e
    i just remembered him being the only lefty in the pen last year, and pitching pretty well in the second half of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SO I was wrong in my last post yesterday, I thought we had a 3 game series, not a 4 which ends today early day game, I love it. Well Berkman has 3 homers in 3 days, does he just own the Reds or has he found his rhythm. I got to see lidge in the 7th and 8th and although I held my butthole tight in the 7th when Griffey Jr hit that high fastball deep to center (or was it left center, I can remember, but when caught I was relieved.) he looked pretty damn good out there. I wouldnt say the Lidge of 04 is back, but damn that slider looked wicked. I am not saying lets put him as closer again, or even saying keep him, but lets wait and see. Is Paton pitching AAA or AA right now? I havent had the chance to see him pitch but heard a lot about him in Spring Training. I usually catch a couple of Express games a year, so far only been to one though. It was funny when the Astros played the Express right before the season started and a lot of the fans there were booing the stros, I was thinking what the they are pretty much the same team. Im so glad we called up Pence, cant stress that enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually catch a couple of Express games a year, so far only been to one though. It was funny when the Astros played the Express right before the season started and a lot of the fans there were booing the stros, I was thinking what the they are pretty much the same team. Im so glad we called up Pence, cant stress that enough.
    Hey I was at that game too. I got Berkman, Palmero, Oswalt and Garners autograph on my hat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patton is AA right now. they were thinking of him making the jump to the majors earlier this season.

Thread Information