Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think this is only the 10th game of the season. I've never seen a Spurs team look this solid this early. Some of it is the continuity in personnel from last season, but still, this is quite significant. But it begins and ends with Tim Duncan. It's easy to take him for granted as the man makes the spectacular ordinary. Beno and Barry have really opened up this Spurs' offense with their passing. Devin Brown remains the only player in Spurs history not to have made a dumb play.

Good Times.®

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as good as the spurs record is... i think its a little misleading, other than duncan and ginobili, not everyone is playing that great, with the schedule starting to get much tougher after today, i would like to see how the spurs play from here on out, hopefully they can keep it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, the record is pretty indicative of where this team is at right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is...for the last several seasons, at this point in the season they would be pretty mediocre...with so many new faces trying to learn the system.

This year, although there is definite room for improvement, they are really seeming to gel right out of the shoot.....

other than duncan and ginobili, not everyone is playing that great
    ...and they'll only get better.

Good times, indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see what they do against Memphis, Dallas, and Utah coming up. Their schedule has been on the soft side thus far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have struggled at the start of seasons past even with "weak" schedules. So far the Spurs have played more road than home games.

But my view is based not the record but rather the quality of ball the Spurs are playing. The defense and offensive execution is exquisite. The bench production is fantastic. And the result is orgasmic.

The standards you guys are holding the Spurs to are unrealistic for any team, to say the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not holding the spurs to any standards, when the spurs played there toughest opponent (the sonics) they laid an egg, i want to see them prove that was a fluke against the superior teams instead of mediocre eastern conference teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The toughest opponent wasn't the Sonics. I don't care what their record is at this point. The Spurs have never looked this sharp this early in the Duncan era. They probably have one of the best assist to FG ratios in the NBA.

You are certainly holding them to an unrealistic standard. One "egg" per ten games does not warrant your criticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    critisism??? where did i critisize them, the only thing i said is that there play isnt as good as there record indicates.

Teams we beat:
    sacramento looket terrible
    lakers suck
    warriors are the warriors
    heat w/out wade
    hawks (no need for an explanation)
    knicks
    6ers
    celtics

tell me which of those teams we shouldnt have beat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were saying Marcus?

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone spoke too soon.

Gold Medal Winner
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jinx

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just had the wheels going flying off of it LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8-2 after 10 games. Still best in Duncan era despite today's debacle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet they won't be pack it in up by 20 in another game this season.

This team does have seem to have a trend towards arrogance...Pop needs to chew ass and keep them humble.....they kinda remind me of the 2000-01 and 94-95 teams in that way.

IMO they are still the best team in the NBA...but no ones good enough to stop playing in the third quarter...even with a big lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs aren't 10-0 then some fan is going to find a problem with this team. Wait, if they were 10-0 someone would find a problem, probably along the lines of GW's "only stars that are traded for count" argument.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team does have seem to have a trend towards arrogance...Pop needs to chew ass and keep them humble
    I'm sorry, but some of his subs utions and fourth quarter play calling is just as arrogant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand your logic, because the spurs are 8-2 they are playing great?

so i guess by ur logic, the sonics will win the championship because they are 9-1?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but some of his subs utions and fourth quarter play calling is just as arrogant.
    Maybe so... but any group we put on the floor ought to be able to score more than 9 points....that was the Raptor scubs kicking our butts.

Don't absolve the players of blame here...they sucked in that quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs aren't 10-0 then some fan is going to find a problem with this team. Wait, if they were 10-0 someone would find a problem,
    Obviously we are 8-2, i guess pop shouldnt try to change anything because, obviously there arent any problems, just keep things the way they are right now, and win the championship right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wrote that the Spurs were playing the best this early in the season that they have ever since Duncan became a Spur. I didn't say they were perfect. Obviously you think they can be. If not, you are suffering from ghostia dementia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What should they be doing now that they aren't doing in order to win a championship, pray tell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and i said they werent playing as great as the record shows, and u said i was finding problems? please explain how i was finding problems?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wrote that your criticism, your standards were unrealistic. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by Marcus Bryant; 11-21-2004 at 04:08 PM.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is...for the last several seasons, at this point in the season they would be pretty mediocre...with so many new faces trying to learn the system.

This year, although there is definite room for improvement, they are really seeming to gel right out of the shoot.....

...and they'll only get better.

Good times, indeed.

sums it up well, werent they under 500 just after 20 games last year, big leap

Thread Information