I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the importance of pitching & defense.

The Yanks have about an average staff when its healthy - and pretty awful when its not. And they play poor defense behind it (that abreu and jeter have won gold gloves has only further diminished the legitimacy of the award).

But damn that's a good lineup, even when A-Rod isn't as hot as hot can get.
    Last edited by K-State Spur; 04-21-2007 at 03:34 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i believe when its all said and done, superior pitching will trump superior batting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Rangers fan, I can wholeheartedly say that pitching and defense >>>>>>> big lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, when the Rangers had the big line-up, their pitching was too awful to even talk about. If the Yanks can get healthy, they do have an average staff to match with their boppers.

In Fabricio we trust! RogerIsEatingASandwich's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best offense in baseball + Wang, Mussina, Pet te, Igawa and maybe a Clemens + a decent bullpen (when rested) + Mo Rivera, is a pretty damn good team. If the Yankees can manage to get their starters healthy and get thier bullpen rested, they will be fine. The season is still young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best offense in baseball + Wang, Mussina, Pet te, Igawa and maybe a Clemens + a decent bullpen (when rested) + Mo Rivera, is a pretty damn good team. If the Yankees can manage to get their starters healthy and get thier bullpen rested, they will be fine. The season is still young.
    Igawa has sucked horribly so far.

If the Yankees were smart, they would get Phil Hughes in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moose and Pet e could fall off at any point. Igawa sucks. Wang is average (his peripherals indicate a major drop-off unless he starts finding a way to miss bats).

Even if its healthy, it's probably the 4th best staff in its own division.

That said, if they could all be very very average and still win 15 games apiece with that run support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Igawa has sucked horribly so far.

If the Yankees were smart, they would get Phil Hughes in there.
    As I posted this earlier....

I just saw that Phil Hughes will get his first major league start tonight vs AJ Burnett and the Blue Jays.

Now is the time of Hughes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball has a long and storied history of great offensive teams with mediocre pitching not winning championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wanted to add Hughes to the list. He was great today. Hopefully he'll be back soon. (I think he's set to be back sometime around or before the all-star game)

Pavano is done.

The bullpen is also looking a little better now that they're not as overworked as they were a couple of weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moose and Pet e could fall off at any point. Igawa sucks. Wang is average (his peripherals indicate a major drop-off unless he starts finding a way to miss bats).

Even if its healthy, it's probably the 4th best staff in its own division.

That said, if they could all be very very average and still win 15 games apiece with that run support.
    Igawa looked good at his last start. If he can keep it up, that would be nice.

Wang is way above average. He was great last year.

Thread Information