My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    hOW COME THIS ONE WAS EDITED??

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone realize this guy writes this to rile people up? He is en led to his opinion.. What I would like to know if he is that much of Spur hater or that big of a Nuggets fan? If you feed this guy he will further needle you..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaah over after game 1?

how can someone be so publicly stupid. what a moron

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    He makes a lot of good points.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have stated this already, months ago. TD's championship days are over.

Nice while it lasted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are on their way out
    By Matt Kizzla

But what was revealed Sunday night is the Spurs are too thin, too gray and too vulnerable to be considered real threats to win it all.
    So what does it say for the Mavs losing again to the Warriors? Spurs played one bad game and they will come back. We'll see what these idiot writers are saying when the series is tied 1-1 and the Spurs are up late in the 4th in Denver for game 3.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    That was an embarrassing article.

Sorry guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, to be fair, he didn't say the series was over, he merely said the Spurs' run of winning NBA les is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as the Spurs played, the Nuggets should have won by 20 points.

Do the Nuggets really think Tim will go 0-6 in the first quarter again?

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    As bad as the Spurs played, the Nuggets should have won by 20 points.

Do the Nuggets really think Tim will go 0-6 in the first quarter again?
    We never said so.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike two years ago, when the Nuggets teased us by stealing the opening playoff game in San Antonio when Andre Miller played out of his head and the Spurs missed 17 shots in a row, Denver has found a new formula capable of repeat success.
    New formula? Sub the name Nene for 'dre and 3 for 50 or what ever the it was for the 17 missed shots and it sounds the same to me.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    New formula? Sub the name Nene for 'dre and 3 for 50 or what ever the it was for the 17 missed shots and it sounds the same to me.

Yes many a missed shot. I know we stole one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really is funny how one game and all the media is saying Spurs are done. Some idiot from SI doing first and ten with Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza was just going on and on how the Spurs are old and losing this series. I expect a game 2 that compe ive but after they win it hopefully some people will come back down to reality a little bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We may not be through--but we aren't going to win the Championship by dominating other teams, because we aren't that damn good.

The Denver team simply took us out of our game on our homecourt on both offense and defense. We didn't look like a veteran team of champions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH my god. It was just one game. The Spurs and Tim Duncan especially are gonna play way better in game 2. Its common sense. I will not truly be worried until we go down 0-2 and go back to Denver. Even then, I still wouldn't count the Spurs out, because well its the Spurs.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    '
    We didn't look like a veteran team of champions.
    nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to read his article after they are eliminated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have had worse home games in the 1st round before they won a championship. Only idiots and Nuggets fans (er, I repeat myself) think they are doomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many have been saying that Game 2 is more important all along. Lots of teams struggle when rusty but rested. Anyone remember the start the Mavs and Suns had this year in the regular season? Same principle. It wouldn't surpise me to see the Mavs go down 2-0 in a close game and dominate the next four.

It takes at LEAST a game to get back to NBA speed if you've been resting. Duncan was clearly off and forgot how to post up.

Game 2 will be very interesting. If the Spurs win, they go to Denver with a tied series and the momentum. A bit better than winning game 1 and dropping the second.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait to read his article after they are eliminated.

"Oh yeah? Well, you're gonna lose to Phoenix anyway" by Mark Kiszla

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I have $50000 vbookie cash if the Nuggets win the series?
    I'd toss my support behind your begging, but before I do I want to know what you'll do to pay off the debt if you lose? What are you willing to put on the line for Kori to give you 50K?

A permanent user le - "The Nuggets Suck Dead Dog !"

Your right to post in the Spurs forum?

Pictures for the photoshop types to work with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are on their way out
    By Matt Kizzla

1. It has been a great run by the Spurs, including three NBA championships, but it's done.

Coming from a local beat writer of a team which has not won a playoff series in well over a decade, I'm not exactly convinced of the credibility of such a vague, seat of the pants statement.

2. If Sunday's victory by the Nuggets in the postseason opener was so shocking, why didn't anyone in the visiting locker room look surprised?

I hope the Nuggets didn't look surprised! They are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS, and being that they are used to getting pushed around and kicked out in the first round, they'd better not be celebrating!

3. "We're not content," Camby insisted. "We ain't happy."

So? At least his grammar was correct in the first sentence. I would also be unhappy if I were an overrated former top pick reduced to role player role on a team which will not sniff a championship in his lifetime.

4. "That's what I'm talking about, M.C.," chimed in Jack Murphy, the team's video coordinator. "We're businessmen on a trip, here to do a job. We don't need to celebrate."

The video coordinator said that. Great. Is this beat writer serious including such quotes in this piece? Note to the overly enthusiastic employee, it is a "business trip" even during the regular season. After all "M.C." and yourself are being paid to do what you do. I suppose I'll start shouting "that's what I'm talking about" every time I make a business trip in Brazil, although I'll say it in Portuguese.

5. I'm not saying this series is over.

You just did. Stop writing on the fly, letting your emotions instead of your brain punch your keyboard. How this guy pulls a check for writing such garbage is beyond me.

6. But what was revealed Sunday night is the Spurs are too thin, too gray and too vulnerable to be considered real threats to win it all.

Again, look at the source of this comment. The Spurs are young enough at their key positions and play in a well defined system. They can run or play halfcourt. This statement is, again, another endless example of this beat writer's overuse of generalities and emotional statements.

7. After Duncan clanked shot after shot under relentless defensive pressure by Nene, the normally unflappable San Antonio superstar was spied during the first half rubbing hands across his mug like a fuming child who could not believe what was happening to him.

Duncan also shot poorly in 2005. Guys have off nights. He was rubbing his mug because he is a perennial championship contender who has been there before. He is a super professional at the helm of the winningest franchise in professional sports over the past decade plus. When you are playing atrociously against a team you should sweep, its frustrating. But as the Spurs and Duncan always do, they will bounce back and bring Denver back down to Earth and yet another first round exit.

8. If Mr. Robot Face is what you normally see from Duncan, then his display of frustration means the Spurs are in real danger, Will Robinson.

Mr. Robot Face? This guy gets paid to use childish names against professionals? Does this beat writer's fishwrap employer allow him to turn in his articles scribbled in nice, colorful crayon?

9. After watching Carmelo Anthony and Iverson combine for 61 points, taking over at crunch time in a raucous arena, you must acknowledge Denver possesses as much or more talent than the Spurs.

It was one game. Is this clown serious? This beat writer fails miserably to realize that this is the parity driven NBA, so "talent" is abound on most teams. However, it is the intangibles like discipline, team play and heart which win championships. The Spurs have these qualities in bountiful quan y. The Anthony led Nuggets continue to backpedal away from championship quality. So enjoy the talent!

10. Unlike two years ago, when the Nuggets teased us by stealing the opening playoff game in San Antonio when Andre Miller played out of his head and the Spurs missed 17 shots in a row, Denver has found a new formula capable of repeat success.

I'd love to hear it, because I am unconvinced. The Nuggets definitely stole Game 1 of this year's matchup as well. The Spurs played awful yet still managed to go up five in the third. The Nuggets stole this game and deserve credit for having done so. Let's see what happens in Game 2.

11. This time, the dream of winning a playoff series for the first time since 1994 is real.

I would certainly hope that any fan of any team which qualifies for the playoffs sees their winning of a measly playoffs series as "real". Yet another vague, meaningless drop in the bucket statement. I think this guy was drinking when he crayoned this article.

12. Anthony and Iverson, not Duncan and Spurs point guard Tony Parker, were the best two players on the court.

And sticks and stones may break my bones but words....okay, having alreadly acknowledged what a talentless child this beat writer is, I'll respond seriously to this point by recalling how much hardware both Duncan and Parker have in comparison to those two. In one game those two players were the best players on the court. Let's ask in a week if they were the best players in the series.

13. What is that annoying chant fans scream incessantly in San Antonio's arena?

The Spurs' arena announcer guy is definitely in need of a replacement. The weak, embarrassing "if you're happy and you know it" jingle, the awful music selection...he definitely sucks. But as far as "go Spurs go" goes, its a pretty straight forward chant. Can't see how any normal human being would find that annoying unless their team is down by dozens, which is what is likely to happen to the Nuggets in Game 2.

Go, Spurs, go.

And turn out the lights when you leave.
    Last edited by GrandeDavid; 04-23-2007 at 11:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They sound like guys bragging about getting laid when the chick they were w/ was faced.

Thread Information