Page 55 of 133 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3318
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying if you throw a rock from a building its velocity never changes on the way down?
    I said Mass never changes, but RG seems to think that things get more dense as they fall....

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...no...no....I said that the fastest Velocity the collapsing building would have was when it encountered no resistance...
    You said this:

So since the top floors collapsing never encounter resistance the velocity should never exceed 12 m/sec....
    Why not? Once things start falling, they fall. If anything below it is made to collapse, it falls too and is added to that initial mass -- making more mass falling on less intact building.

Are you really accounting for all of that in time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said Mass never changes, but RG seems to think that things get more dense as they fall....
    As more floors collapse, wouldn't there be more mass falling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? Once things start falling, they fall. If anything below it is made to collapse, it falls too and is added to that initial mass -- making more mass falling on less intact building.

Are you really accounting for all of that in time?
    ...because the part still standing is an opposing force - it pushes upward as opposed to the part that is falling which pushes down...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...because the part still standing is an opposing force - it pushes upward as opposed to the part that is falling which pushes down...
    but it doesn't remain constant because its mass is being reduced as the falling mass increases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As more floors collapse, wouldn't there be more mass falling?
    Depends on whether you still believe in the long-debunked pancake theory, none-the-less my point is to prove that given that the force pushing upward exceeded the force pushing downward, the collapse of the towers should have taken much more than 12, , much more than 20 seconds...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on whether you still believe in the long-debunked pancake theory, none-the-less my point is to prove that given that the force pushing upward exceeded the force pushing downward, the collapse of the towers should have taken much more than 12, , much more than 20 seconds...
    No, actually I believe the building falling down theory. As the building collapsed, there was through the time of collapse an increasing mass falling on an decreasing mass.

Please tell me how this is not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but it doesn't remain constant because its mass is being reduced as the falling mass increases.
    Your assuming that all of the mass fell on the part which was still standing, and you can see for yourself that much of the mass fell off to either side....besides since I didn't factor in a safety margin, this should more than make up for any added mass you might think, but can't prove, was added to the collapsing part of the building...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your assuming that all of the mass fell on the part which was still standing, and you can see for yourself that much of the mass fell off to either side.
    How much? If you are going to claim some kind of difinitive formula, you have to give actual numbers.
    ...besides since I didn't factor in a safety margin, this should more than make up for any added mass you might think, but can't prove, was added to the collapsing part of the building...
    There you go again with the safety margin. If you don't know that, how can you make any formula involving the upwards force of each building? You simply can't. You are just making stuff up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As the building collapsed, there was an ever-increasing mass falling on an ever-decreasing mass.
    How is the mass increasing? the part of the building that is falling is crumbling the part still standing....as would happen with opposing forces...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much? If you are going to claim some kind of difinitive formula, you have to give actual numbers.
    I have given definitive numbers, much more so than RG...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go again with the safety margin. If you don't know that, how can you make any formula involving the upwards force of each building? You simply can't. You are just making stuff up.
    More likely you don't understand physics..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is the mass increasing?
    How is it not? What happens to the the parts of the building that aren't attached to the standing buillding anymore? Do they disappear? Do they float away into space?
    the part of the building that is falling is crumbling the part still standing....as would happen with opposing forces...
    Is the part that is still standing staying the same size as the building collapses? Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More likely you don't understand physics..
    You just admitted you don't know two variables that are critical to and would greatly influence any real equation that would describe the collapse of the WTC buildings, and this is the best you can come up with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it not? What happens to the the parts of the building that aren't attached to the standing buillding anymore? Do they disappear? Do they float away into space?
    Is a building stronger on the top floors or on the bottom floors? As the building falls it looses acceleration because it meets resistance...but in order for the buildings to fall in 10-12 seconds the building gains acceleration which makes no sense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is a building stronger on the top floors or on the bottom floors?
    Hey, there's another variable you left out!
    As the building falls it looses acceleration because it meets resistance.
    How much? It certainly didn't stop, so it's not like it had to start over from zero every time it met a floor.
    ..but in order for the buildings to fall in 10-12 seconds the building gains acceleration which makes no sense...
    Does the falling mass increase as the building collapses? Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...in order for the building to fall 361 meters in 14 secomds it would have to fall at ~25 m/sec, but how can this be if at it's top velocity, when it encountered no resistance at all, it was only falling at ~9 m/sec.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...in order for the building to fall 361 meters it would have to fall at ~25 m/sec, but how can this be if at it's top velocity, when it encountered no resistance at all, it was only falling at ~9 m/sec.....
    Because your equations are hopelessly simplistic. You can't account for several variables that would definitely affect the outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, there's another variable you left out!
    A variable that works against you Chumpy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because your equations are hopelessly simplistic. You can't account for several variables that would definitely affect the outcome.

Well then Newton's second law of motion is over-simplistic to you too....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A variable that works against you Chumpy...
    Exactly -- you don't even know the things that would support you! Since you already have an incredible bias to see what you want to see, you ignore everything else once you think you've figured it out. You are blinded by your need to be right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then Newton's second law of motion is over-simplistic to you too....
    You can try to be condescending if you please, but you refuse to answer a simple yes or no question. You are in denial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly -- you don't even know the things that would support you! Since you already have an incredible bias to see what you want to see, you ignore everything else once you think you've figured it out. You are blinded by your need to be right.
    I'm using mathematics which has no bias....the way I see it, someone has a bias here, but it's not me...prove that my math is wrong....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm using mathematics which has no bias....the way I see it, someone has a bias here, but it's not me.
    Oh, it's you.
    ..prove that my math is wrong....
    I already did -- I've shown several factors that you have left out. Your job is to account for those now.

Good luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything I have factored in errors on the side of conservatism to deflate your argument that my numbers are wrong...so I have nothing to prove...

Thread Information