Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sammy just went yard in his first game back.

I Drink Elephant Poop Bear Grylls's Avatar
    My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    This inning has gotten VERY VERY ugly for the Astros.

So far 44 pitches and 1 out for the Astros in the 5th

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    5 homers, 8 runs for the rangers in the 5th.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    **3 Homers**

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Biggio will probably hit 3000 hits this series.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Biggio will probably hit 3000 hits this series.

I doubt it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got something for Bonds and the record book:

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thats not nice*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, people are so magnanimous in giving them to the Spurs that the least I can do is share!

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    I got something for Bonds and the record book:

Bonds is not the first or last guy to cheat in the game of baseball. Cheating has been around since the beginning of the game and will go on long after we are gone.

There is not an * by the 1970 Pirates NL East champs banner (when that team was using cocaine before their games)

Mays and Aaron both used amphetamines for energy when they were playing.

Ty Cobb used to sharpen his cleats, so that when he slid into the bag he would try to injure the opposing team.

Gaylord Perry used a spitball his entire career, even admitted to using Vasoline.

When I see an * next to Perry, Cobb, Aaron, Mays, even Ruth, then I will have no problem with an * next to Bonds name.

Asshole!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the countdown begin!!

Bonds Belts 749th Homer in Loss to Yankees
    Giants Slugger Six Away From Tying Aaron's Record

AP
    Posted: 2007-06-23 01:45:17
    SAN FRANCISCO (June 22) - Barry Bonds got the home run. Alex Rodriguez helped the New York Yankees earn the win.

In a matchup of two of baseball's most feared sluggers, Bonds' 749th career home run wasn't enough to overcome four hits and two RBIs for Rodriguez as the Yankees beat the Giants 7-3 Friday night in their first meaningful game in San Francisco since winning Game 7 of the 1962 World Series.

Bonds connected for his 15th home run of the season in the eighth inning off Scott Proctor, cutting New York's lead to 6-3. But the Giants couldn't get any closer, dropping their season-high eighth straight game.

The talk before the game was of the two sluggers: Bonds as he closes in on Hank Aaron's career record of 755 home runs and Rodriguez, the player many consider the biggest threat to hold the record after Bonds.

"I'm not worried about that," said Rodriguez, who has 491 career homers. "I'm concerned about winning a game tonight. It's hard to think about individual things when you desperately want to win. The other thing is I got to this point by not thinking about myself and thinking about the team. This is Barry's time, not my time."

Rodriguez helped the Yankees get the much-needed win after they were swept in a three-game series in Colorado. His double started a three-run second inning and he also hit RBI singles in the fifth and ninth innings.

Kei Igawa, making his first start after seven weeks in the minors, was sharp early but was removed one out away from a potential win after walking Bonds with the bases loaded to cut New York's lead to 5-2 in the fifth inning. Luis Vizcaino (4-1) came in and Bengie Molina hit a drive to left field that Hideki Matsui caught as he jumped into the fence, robbing the Giants of an extra-base hit.

This game lacked the drama of the teams' last meeting in San Francisco that counted. The Yankees won that game against their former New York rival 1-0 when Willie McCovey lined out to second baseman Bobby Richardson with runners on second and third to end the game.

The Giants did threaten after Bonds' homer, putting two runners on in the eighth before Mariano Rivera escaped the jam by getting pinch-hitter Ryan Klesko to ground out. Rivera got five outs for his ninth save in 11 chances.

After being held to five runs in Colorado, the Yankees scored three times in the second against Matt Cain (2-8) with help from an overeager fan down the right-field line.

Rodriguez led off with a double and scored on Matsui's sacrifice fly. Cain appeared to get out of the inning when Miguel Cairo lofted a fly ball in foul territory with two outs. Randy Winn had a chance to make the catch, but a fan went after the ball. There was no interference because the ball was in the seats, but the fan buried his head in his hands.

Cain walked the next two batters to load the bases - including Igawa in his first career plate appearance - before Melky Cabrera's two-run single made it 3-0. That was New York's second hit in its last 20 at-bats with runners in scoring position. New York added two more runs in the fifth on an RBI double by Bobby Abreu and Rodriguez's run-scoring single.

Igawa allowed two runs and five hits in 4 2/3 innings after spending the previous seven weeks retooling his delivery in the minors. Igawa had been a big disappointment in his first stint in the majors after the Yankees spent $46 million to bring him over from Japan in the offseason.

But he looked much better this game, holding the Giants scoreless the first four innings, including striking out Bonds in the fourth.

Cain allowed five runs and seven hits in five innings and dropped to 0-5 in his last seven starts. Cain walked four and had no strikeouts for the first time in 53 career starts.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    frank thomas belts his 498th

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    frank thomas belts 499th HR

one more to 500

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Ken Griffey Jr belts HRs #583 and 584 to pass McGwire.

Damn, imagine if he hadn't missed like 2 seasons worth of games in the past 7 or so years.

Thread Information