Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    I took advantage of this deal earlier today with a little hassle, but it's worth it instead of paying $30-40 for each set.

Go to Hollywood Video and pick up their "Movie Companion" booklet with Shrek 2 on the cover. It's a misprint for $20/each on Seasons 1 & 2 (one set) and Season 3 (another set). You can try to get them to honor it, but they might not since it's a misprint.

Take it to your local compe or and do a pricematch. I went to the Best Buy @ North Star and did it without too many problems -although it is funny to see blue shirts look at ads upside down and sideways to see if it's fake.

They might give you the "It's a Previously Viewed" sale offer and they won't pricematch, but just remind them that Seinfeld on DVD just came out this week and nowhere in the ad does it state that it's a PVD.

Props go to Ravenous at DVDTalk for the thread. Also a San Antonian according to his post.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=397159

The booklet I got (over at the Hollywood on Bandera & Huebner - was the last booklet there, it seems) had Princess Fiona (I think that's her name) on the cover, but you get the idea.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hope you market a product some day and the people you hire to advertise it up so bad it bankrupts your ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    you, you self-righteous son of a .

I hope you think I give a damn what you think.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you, you self-righteous son of a .

I hope you think I give a damn what you think.
    Hope away, thief.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Name-call all you want, bas .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Name-call all you want, bas .
    I was making an accusation. You're the one that appears to be name-calling.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    I was making an accusation. You're the one that appears to be name-calling.
    Making an inaccurate accusation is nothing new for you, either.

Call it what you want; accusation, name-calling... it's all the same thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    But you know what, I didn't make this thread for any reason other than to let other people know.

And since some stores are honoring the price, "thief" would be the wrong term to use since that's not what's taking place.

Thread's here. If somebody wants to use it, go ahead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But you know what, I didn't make this thread for any reason other than to let other people know.

And since some stores are honoring the price, "thief" would be the wrong term to use since that's not what's taking place.

Thread's here. If somebody wants to use it, go ahead.
    So, I can add, "encouraging others to be dishonest," to the list?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey, ask Manny, he's gonna be the lawyer. But, in my mind, if you knew the do ent you presented to be inaccurate -- it's theft.

Theft Law and Legal Definition

Generally, a person commits the crime of theft of property if he or she:

(1) Knowingly obtains or exerts unauthorized control over the property of another, with intent to deprive the owner of his or her property;

(2) Knowingly obtains by deception control over the property of another, with intent to deprive the owner of his or her property; or

(3) Knowingly obtains or exerts control over property in the custody of a law enforcement agency which was explicitly represented to the person by an agent of the law enforcement agency as being stolen.

A person commits the crime of theft of services if:

(1) He intentionally obtains services known by him to be available only for compensation by deception, threat, false token or other means to avoid payment for the services; or

(2) Having control over the disposition of services of others to which he is not en led, he knowingly diverts those services to his own benefit or to the benefit of another not en led to such services.
    I think you're "obtaining...property" (1 of the DVD's) by "deception."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Making an inaccurate accusation is nothing new for you, either.

Call it what you want; accusation, name-calling... it's all the same thing.
    I'll amend my accusation to "alleged thief."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    You know, it's strange. I have a reciept off my debit card that says they exchanged a product for money.

But then, you've always been one to twist a story your way.

I've watched you watch this thread. You're trolling for a fight and you won't get it.

No more for me. Spurs win, I'm good. Out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You know, it's strange. I have a reciept off my debit card that says they exchanged a product for money.
    Yeah, but this (below) statement says you knew the do ent you used to get a reduced price was erroneous therefore, your argument to force the retailer to accept the coupon was "deceptive."
    Go to Hollywood Video and pick up their "Movie Companion" booklet with Shrek 2 on the cover. It's a misprint for $20/each on Seasons 1 & 2 (one set) and Season 3 (another set). You can try to get them to honor it, but they might not since it's a misprint.
    But then, you've always been one to twist a story your way.
    I don't see any twisting to it. What you did is as dishonest as downloading the DVD from a peer-to-peer group.
    I've watched you watch this thread. You're trolling for a fight and you won't get it.
    I'm sorry, I took this to be an opinion forum and, seeing your post and having an opinion on the practice of taking advantage of retailers -- I had an opinion. So, I expressed it. I haven't been "watching" this thread.

I would add that it is practices, such as this, that drive retail prices up for everyone.

But, that sound you hear may be the black helicopters being diverted from Nbadanallah's house to your's.
    No more for me. Spurs win, I'm good. Out.
    Cool! Let your conscience be your guide, Jiminy.
    Last edited by Yonivore; 11-24-2004 at 11:15 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Johnny,

it is a little underhanded.

You know that everyone is not selling those DVD's for 20 bucks.

I know your thinking "what the , they make enough money"

But dude, there is kind of a reason they are priced like that.

Profit. I know you find it hard to believe, But it costs alot of money to produce stuff like that.

Not being a whistle blower, or whatever.

I just dont think its honest, or cool to cheat business out of money like that over a bogus thing.

I bought mine at the Super Wal mart, and am getting ready to enjoy them tommarow at Thanksgiving.

Name you'd love to touch maxpower's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks JB...Check out Fatwallet.com. You can find good leads to great deals. And the cool thing is they have a notification system which emails you whenever a keyword you designate comes up in a post. For example Mag companies give out free subscriptions paid by advertisers every so often. I was looking for Blender. So I made that one of my keywords and eventually was emailed when another advertiser offered it yet again.
    Too many flesh and blood saints on these boards. ...how does that go..." judge not, lest...whatever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I must be the only person in America who does not find Seinfeld funny.

I don't get Curb Your Enthusiasm either...maybe it's a Larry David thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ASF

I feel the same way about South Park, Sex and the City, and other supposedly hilarious shows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks JB...Check out Fatwallet.com. You can find good leads to great deals. And the cool thing is they have a notification system which emails you whenever a keyword you designate comes up in a post. For example Mag companies give out free subscriptions paid by advertisers every so often. I was looking for Blender. So I made that one of my keywords and eventually was emailed when another advertiser offered it yet again.
    Well, that all sounds like legitimate promotional deals...
    Too many flesh and blood saints on these boards. ...how does that go..." judge not, lest...whatever.
    Well, most theologians agree that the "judge not, lest ye be judged," passage from the Gospels is from the context of a large argument over who is going to receive eternal salvation and who is not. To simplify the argument, He is basically saying, "Don't worry about who's going to heaven, you've got plenty on your plate to worry about." Ask your pastor...I did.

Elsewhere in the Bible, Old and New Testament alike, you'll find many references to obeying civil authorities, doing the right thing, correcting your brothers in Christ, when they stray, etc...

To suggest we should not make personal, moral, values-based, individual judgements on the "earthly" behavior of others seems to me to be suggesting we should not judge murderers, tyrants, or despots...or, for that matter, deceptive thieves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    I''m pretty sure there's something in there about coveting another man's wife, too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I''m pretty sure there's something in there about coveting another man's wife, too.
    Yep, there is. But, what that has to do with this thread...I have no idea; enlighten us.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Yep, there is. But, what that has to do with this thread...I have no idea; enlighten us.
    To suggest we should not make personal, moral, values-based, individual judgements on the "earthly" behavior of others seems to me to be suggesting we should not judge murderers, tyrants, or despots...or, for that matter, deceptive thieves.
    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Look in a mirror before you judge.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Too many flesh and blood saints on these boards. ...how does that go..." judge not, lest...whatever
    must be the same person that justified Clinton cheating on his wife with an intern in the oval office.

the moral level of the country goes down, and down, and down, and down......

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Look in a mirror before you judge.
    I have, I'm not a thief.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    I wonder what your pastor would say to know how many times you nut yourself reading female poster's threads.

Hypocrite.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wonder what your pastor would say to know how many times you nut yourself reading female poster's threads.

Hypocrite.
    Yeah, I wonder. Zero is such a big number. Ever bother to look up the word hypocrite in the dictionary before you attempt to use it in conversation, Einstein?

Thread Information