Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    UT is better than OU right now. They have a better D line and they have the best linebacker in college in Derrick Johnson. They deserve a BCS Bowl game and if Boise St gets a BCS Bowl game over Texas or California, it will be the biggest injustice of all.

This is the best UT team that I have seen since the Earl Campbell days, and they are well coached. The Ags played as well as they could but were over matched today by superior talent. I am just glad that Benson is going to the NFL as well as Johnson.

Congrats to the UT fans and team

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    UT isn't better than OU. Period. The Sooners have no losses on the season, the Longhorns have 1 and they lost to OU. End of story.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    UT isn't better than OU. Period. The Sooners have no losses on the season, the Longhorns have 1 and they lost to OU. End of story.

They lost a month ago. UT is better now than OU. A&M had over 500 yds against OU and if not for 2 fumbles on their own 10 yd line would have beaten OU. UT's defense was dominant in comparison.

Post Count
    UT is better than OU right now. They have a better D line and they have the best linebacker in college in Derrick Johnson. They deserve a BCS Bowl game and if Boise St gets a BCS Bowl game over Texas or California, it will be the biggest injustice of all.

This is the best UT team that I have seen since the Earl Campbell days, and they are well coached. The Ags played as well as they could but were over matched today by superior talent. I am just glad that Benson is going to the NFL as well as Johnson.

Congrats to the UT fans and team
    Jim...I don't know if UT is better than OU right now or not and I won't argue with the likes of Duff. I do know that the BCS is ed up though. The only way to prove these things is to let them play heads up. Politics has taken over college football. That was a good game between A&M and Texas. The talking was done on the field and the Aggies have nothing to be ashamed of. They had a good year. These rivalry games have a way of bringing out the best in teams. Texas is not the best team in the country but a damn good team. They deserve more than...."well Texas just got screwed with the BCS system." Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. I say let it be decided on the field. Oklahoma!!!!!

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    As an Aggie, I don't usually go out of my way to compliment UT, but this is the best defense UT has fielded in years. The passrush in the second half just devasted A&M - they couldn't sustain a drive.

After watching A&M play both OU and UT, I agree with Jim. Right now UT>OU.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    We need a Playoff, for the simple fact if nothing else to have someone like Auburn cream BOTH UT and OU on the way to a le

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Come on Jim, you've been around sports long enough to know that one team may be a great matchup against one team, but a lousy one against another.

In tu's case, their matchup against us, particularly WRT their OL vs. our DL and their DL vs. our OL gave them the advantage.

When they play OU, they don't have that and it has showed for what 5 straight years now?

OU would beat tu again, today, tomorrow, any day you wanted to have them line up and play.

Post Count
    OU is better coached and better prepared than UT on offense. Defensively we gained alot on them this year with Robinson and Tomey, now if we could just get rid of a certain Greg.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    Hookdem, I was impressed with the sportsmanship on both sides. Whenever a player made a great play or tackle on either side, the opponent patted the defender on the ass and told him great play. Also, I have never seen two teams help each other up after tackling each other as much as yesterday.

This rivalry is going to get better now that Fran is there as he will get the players to compete and he is a great coach and tactician.

Texas deserves a BCS game and I still say they are better than OU.

Poor Colorado, they will get killed by OU next week.

Post Count
    Agreed Jim.

Post Count
    I was impressed with the sportsmanship on both sides
    which is one the the great things about this rivalry. Players on both sides will knock the crap out of you...then they will help you up so you can go at it again. It proves that a rivalry can be intense, but still respectful.

Thread Information