Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    Did anyone else notice that Manning had more TDs in his game against Detroit than incompletions?

PASSING
    CP/AT YDS TD INT
    P. Manning 23/28 236 6 0

That is freaking unbelievable. This guy will break every passing record in the books by the time he is retired. Is he the best ever? If he had a defense, he could have a couple of rings by now and many more in the future.

Post Count
    as much as i dislike manning (he crushed my tide when he was a vol and he caused problems for my ans before they began sucking it up) .. i must admit he is having one of the most spectacular seasons and i respect the out of him. he's truly playing on another level (sports cliche alert) and he's so entertaining to watch. hands down, the mvp of the league.

as for the rings .. colts defense is going to need to improve first.

Jim, Marvin Harrison is a FA. They probably won't be able to afford to keep him, so like Lott, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith and Joe Montana, he will probably finish his career elsewhere. That could affect Manning's all time placement.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    Jim, Marvin Harrison is a FA. They probably won't be able to afford to keep him, so like Lott, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith and Joe Montana, he will probably finish his career elsewhere. That could affect Manning's all time placement.

Brandon Stokley will have to step up like he did on Thursday. But seriously, I think Harrison will be a Colt forever, he knows who butters his bread and if he stays in Indy, he will approach Rice in career TDs and have a guaranteed ticket to the HOF.
    Last edited by Jimcs50; 11-29-2004 at 12:40 PM.

Post Count
    If Harrison leaves, he will still be the #1 guy so those numbers will still be there. Indy has to try and re-sign James and Harrison this off season. With Wayne and Stokely stepping up, do they try and keep James? One of the things that helps Peyton be successful is the way he executes the play action pass. You need a good running game to do that. So do they let Harrison go and try and find a good, cheap #3 WR or let Edge go and try and get an RB? Should be interesting....

Post Count
    Manning may one day pass Favre as the 3rd best qb of all time.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    Mikey, there is no QB is the league that can get the ball to Harrison near as many times as Manning can, that is a fact. Look at Harrison's stats since Manning started at QB in Indy, and compare with before Manning.

Post Count
    If you have a Marvin Harrison in your offense, you will find ways to get him the ball. My point is that Indy's front office will have to make a choice between Harrison and James. Personally I think they will choose Harrison.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    I've been high on Peyton Manning since I saw him as a junior at Tennessee and I saw a few of his games on tv in Atlanta. I think he was a really good college qb, but nowhere near what he is now. It shows because Tennessee won the national le, the year after he left the school.

That said Peyton is the best qb in the league by far. He is the runaway MVP candidate, I don't think anyone even comes close.

Post Count
    you know I think he is good
    but they do not even try to run the ball after they get to th e20 yard line

when was the last time they had a rushing touchdown

other quartebacks could put good numbers up to if they never run the ball

what he is doing is amazing but without the running back he would not be as successfull

what brees is doing with the chargers is MORE AMAZZING then what manning is doing with the colts

Post Count
    they rarely get inside the 20....they don't have to. A lot of those TD are from 20yds and farther out.

Post Count
    against the lions atleast 2 of them were

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    If you're talking about his place among the all-time greats, call me when he has some hardware.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    If you're talking about his place among the all-time greats, call me when he has some hardware.

So Dan Marino, Steve McNair and Fran Tarkington are not some of the alltime greats????

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    Post Count
    Not to mention Jim Kelly.

Thread Information