Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are the players being considered. Milic and Brezec are definite no's. Vujačič always backs out.
    Branilci:
    Sani Bečirovič (Panathinaikos)
    Aleksander Ćapin (Varese)
    Goran Dragić (Tau Ceramica)
    Nebojša Joksimovič (Hemofarm)
    Jaka Lakovič (Barcelona)
    Domen Lorbek (Union Olimpija)
    Beno Udrih (San Antonio Spurs)
    Samo Udrih (Granada)

Saša Vujačič (LA Lakers)

Krila:
    Saša Dončić (Helios)
    Goran Jagodnik (Anwill)
    Marko Maravič (BC Kijev)
    Boštjan Nachbar (New Jersey Nets)

Centri:
    Dragiša Drobnjak (Turow)
    Goran Jurak (Climamio)
    Erazem Lorbek (Roma)
    Rašo Nesterović (Toronto Raptors)
    Smiljan Pavič (Helios)
    Hasan Rizvić (Bosna)
    Uroš Slokar (Toronto Raptors)
    Matjaž Smodiš (CSKA)
    Marko Tušek (Unicaja Malaga)
    Željko Zagorac (Ural Great)
    Miha Zupan (Union Olimpija)
    Povabilu pa se je že odzval kapetan Radoslav Nesterović, ki je 95 dni pred začetkom prvenstva optimistično razpoložen: "Sam sem že takoj po svetovnem prvenstvu na Japonskem sprejel odločitev, da nastopim tudi na EP v Španiji. Tam nekaterih odličnih slovenskih košarkarjev ne bo, a menim, da jih zavoljo njihovih odločitev o odpovedi ne smemo obsojati. Mislim, da imamo kljub odpovedim dovolj dobre košarkarje, da v Španiji naredimo dober rezultat. Naš cilj je jasen, želimo se prebiti na olimpijske igre leta 2008."

Calendar:

21.7. - začetek priprav v Zrečah

28.7. - 2. 8. - turnir na Kitajskem (Kitajska, Angola, Nova Zelandija, Venezuela in NBA Development)

6.8. - začetek drugega dela priprav v Kranjski Gori

10.8. - 12.8. - turnir v Strasbourgu (Grčija, Srbija in Francija)

15.8. - začetek tretjega dela priprav v Portorožu

20.8. - 22.8. - turnir v Grčiji (Grčija, Litva, Italija)

24.8. - zaključni del priprav v Mariboru

1.9. - odhod na EP v Španijo (Alicante)
    Eurobasket Roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoosh- getting the party started early this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Beno and Samo play. That would be awesome.

For sure I want Sho, Uros, Beno, Samo. Sani. Boki, Goran Jurak, Jaka, Lorbek. Zagorac, and Zupan- basically anyone who played last year.

I wish Saso ,Milic and Brezec could/would play.

I am so pumped. This is the year- I can feel it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boki won't play.

Sasha and Smoki, i doubt it.

Jurak had a bad season, Zupan didn't play for half a season.

We're paper thin on 3, when Doncic starts to look like a good option, you know you're in trouble.

We'll have trouble putting 5 decent players out there, let alone a compe ive team. I have a feeling this will be a very painful EC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a surprise.

Nets F Nachbar out of EuroBasket

Slovenia forward Bostjan Nachbar has decided not to play at EuroBasket 2007 and will instead focus on playing well in the last year of his contract with the New Jersey Nets.

The 26-year-old just completed one of his finest seasons in the NBA since joining the Houston Rockets as a rookie in 2002. In 2006-07, the 6-9 Nachbar played in 76 regular-season games and averaged career highs in points (9.2), field goal percentage (45.7) and rebounds (3.3).

Nachbar has been a mainstay on the Slovenian squad along with fellow NBA players Rasho Nesterovic and Primoz Brezec, and European-based stars Sani Becirovic, Jaka Lakovic and Marko Milic.

"After being included in six of the last seven groups of players that participated on the last big compe ions, I only skipped playing for the national team the year I was drafted for the NBA and had to have a hernia operation," he said. "I have now decided not to accept the invitation to participate in EuroBasket 2007.

"I would like to point out that this has nothing to do with the (national team) coach Ales Pipan, who has done a lot of good things for me and my career, or any other member of the national team - as some suggest."

Instead, Nachbar said he is putting his career first.

"I have decided this way only because my contract in the NBA will expire next season," he said. "That means that the season in front of me will be the most important in my career. I cannot afford to start the season, after which I will be able to sign a new contract of up to five years, tired or unprepared."

Nachbar's absence is a blow as Slovenia are already is without two other frontcourt players in Milic and Brezec. Milic is recovering from injury while Brezec is resting this summer to prepare for next season with the Charlotte Bobcats. He reported for duty with the Charlotte last year suffering from exhaustion and ultimately missed a lot of games.

"I am very sorry to withdraw, as a European or World Championship is always a great experience for players and fans," Nachbar said.

"But I had to be fair to myself and give the advantage to my career. Now I will follow my friends through TV and I'm sure the Slovenian team still has the quality to achieve the seventh place and with that qualifications for the Olympic games."

The top two places at the EuroBasket qualify for the Beijing Olympics - other than hosts Spain, who booked their place in China by winning the FIBA World Championship. The next four places will have the opportunity to play in the additional Olympic qualifying tournament next year.

"I can confirm that I will again join the national team after this EuroBasket," Nachbar said.
    No Boki

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont blame for not showing up this season

1. Nets probably have one last good shot at doing something in the Playoffs next year if Krstic returns and is improved

2. He really will sign a contract of his career.

3. PIPAN SUCKS! His rotations are terrible. Boki didnt get enough playing time and some others who sucked big time were put in there game after game.

I wish Slovenia would get a better coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admire Rasho for giving one last summer to his national team when he knew that many of the top players probably would not play. I think Sani may not play either and Sasha won't even answer the phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree Pipan is ruining the NT.

Sasha has behaved like the little that he is, but what is sadder it the fact that this is the impression he is creating for himself in the NBA where nobody takes him seriously anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree Pipan is ruining the NT.

Sasha has behaved like the little that he is, but what is sadder it the fact that this is the impression he is creating for himself in the NBA where nobody takes him seriously anymore.
    Agreed.

I am basicly disapointed and frustrated when i watch our NT most of the times.

I would kill for a good coach.

In the NBA it kind of hurts me because Nesterovic, Brezec and Udrih are basicly done. (they will never be playoff players)

And Sasha is a little who i cant really root for.

If Boki gets hurt i just have the Spurs left.

Do you guys think Slokar could get a role and playing time somehwere in this league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angel- thought you would like to know that Sašo Ožbolt had surgery this week- third knee surgery I believe- so he is out at least 6 months.

Matjaž Smodiš has met with the coach but has not made his final decision. I think a couple of these guys want permisison to skip part of the national team training.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for telling me Ploto. I am glad to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard women from Slovenia are hot. Is this true?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard women from Slovenia are hot. Is this true?
    yes

basicly all southern Europe and Balkans have lots of hot women if you ask me

basicly only butt ugly women in Europe are in UK and Ireland if you ask me (sry if im ofending anyone but it is my honest opinion/experience )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes

basicly all southern Europe and Balkans have lots of hot women if you ask me

basicly only butt ugly women in Europe are in UK and Ireland if you ask me (sry if im ofending anyone but it is my honest opinion/experience )
    You are young and need to learn some more. I have some very fond memories of English girls I used to know (it's OK I was a boy at the time).

Good times

The country that has given us Christy Turlington should never be labeled as the land of the butt ugly women...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are young and need to learn some more. I have some very fond memories of English girls I used to know (it's OK I was a boy at the time).

Good times

The country that has given us Christy Turlington should never be labeled as the land of the butt ugly women...
    there is an exception to every rule

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno is out too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno is out too.
    gay clubbin

lance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gay clubbin

lance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, a french article saying that Beno won't play for Slovenia this summer :

LA SLOVÉNIE SANS UDRIH. –
    Tony Parker ne devrait pas trouver sur sa route ŕ l’Euro son coéquipier Beno Udrih. En effet, le meneur slovčne, qui a encore un an de contrat avec les Spurs, a confirmé qu’il n’avait pas l’intention de rejoindre la sélection placée dans le groupe de la France au premier tour. Ceforfait fait suite ŕ celui d’autres vedettes slovčnes (Nachbar, Brezec, Milic) et affaiblit plus encore une équipe toujours en quęte d’un résultat international marquant.
    I don't translate it because it just says that Beno don't want to play for the NT this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno is the one guy who needs to play-- he has had such little game time in 2 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on people. Play!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/modload.p...u=4&c_id=34340

Smodiš coming back!!!!!

YEAH!

Now this team has a real player and a leader.

He is in my opinion the best Slovene player out there.

I hope he goes to the NBA some day!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get ove-rexited!
    He did it before, than getting "hurt" during the camp...
    I would really like to see him play and perform on top level, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, Smodiš !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the team of 15.

C: Radoslav Nesterovič, Erazem Lorbek
    PF: Matjaž Smodiš, Uroš Slokar, Gašper Vidmar, Željko Zagorac
    SF: Goran Jagodnik, Domen Lorbek, Emir Preldžič
    SG: Sani Bečirovič, Samo Udrih, Jaka Klobučar