Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    An X-Box makes a cheap computer with an add-on modchip. I don't know any other $250 computer you could play Halo2 on and get good framerates.

A couple of years ago I would have said to go out and get a PS2, because PC ports of console games were horrible (for example, GTA3 was unplayable without a top-notch state of the art system). Considering X-Box's market share, using a PC as a gaming system isn't a bad idea anymore since X-Box uses the IA-32 instruction set (just like PCs.... it uses a PentiumIII I believe) and DirectX, meaning any X-Box le has a native port to Windows.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-01-2004 at 11:57 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If your really into it you can play Game Cube and Xbox games on your pc too(this not for the novice gamer).
    Yo 666, how you do that? Are there pretty good X-Box hacks out now for PC? Throw a brotha a link or something!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    An X-Box makes a cheap computer with an add-on modchip. I don't know any other $250 computer you could play Halo2 on and get good framerates.

A couple of years ago I would have said to go out and get a PS2, because PC ports of console games were horrible (for example, GTA3 was unplayable without a top-notch state of the art system). Considering X-Box's market share, using a PC as a gaming system isn't a bad idea anymore since X-Box uses the IA-32 instruction set (just like PCs.... it uses a PentiumIII I believe) and DirectX, meaning any X-Box le has a native port to Windows.
    *Looks at Xbox*
    *Looks at unmodded Xbox right above it*

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Underground 2 for the PS2 is frickin awesome

SW: Hot As Hell
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yo 666, how you do that? Are there pretty good X-Box hacks out now for PC? Throw a brotha a link or something!
    Ummmm www.google.com type: Xbox mods, or xbox hacks, or something like that. I have seen an Xbox that runs Linux. We're starting to get into some deep geek though.

Just run a cable from you PC to your tv. Most video cards have an s-video output. The Sound Blaster high end cards that have remote controls are pretty good for controlling a pc from another room. Just make sure it's a radio connection and not IR or some other line of sight connection.

My PC is like 20 times more powerful than an Xbox and I haven't spent that much on it in the last 2 years. I can always upgrade it later if needed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    I haven't see a good Gamecube emulator for the Xbox yet, but I'm looking for some of the old stuff (NES, SNES, Genesis, Neo-Geo, etc.).

http://www.xbox-scene.org

Thread Information