Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    My wife's side of the family does the Christmas Eve thing where as our family always opened our gifts on Christmas morning.

How can you open gifts on Christmas Eve when Santa hasn't had time to make all his deliveries yet?

So we go over to her family and I allow my kids to open one gift and the rest we open on Christmas day with the fam.

And I love stuffing my pie-hole with tamales on Christmas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Christmas Vacation, Holiday inn, and Lemon Drop Kid.

Gotta love it!!

We used to go christmas eve to Windcrest and look at all the lights, but now the neighborhood is kinda rundown I guess, and they dont have the contest anymore.

Some of the other traditions,

christmas dinner at about 4 in the afternoon then going to a movie.

other than that, nothing other than the traditional, shop for famly members, and gettin the tree at Papa Noel.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When visiting, we go to my m-i-l's on Christmas Eve and my parents on Christmas. But we stay with them, anyway.

Zak, my dog will be spoiled rotten this year. We are bringing her with us and I'm sure my dad will be loading her up with goodies. Last year, he actually gave us a present to give to her (we flew, so she didn't come) and told me not to tell my sister because he never got anything for her dog! My parents fell in love with her when they saw her for the first time last year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Growing up in my house with 4 girls and no boys was definitely an interesting place to live. On Christmas morning one sister always got up earlier than the rest of us and went through everyone's Santa stocking to see if she liked what anyone else was getting better than what she got so she could switch things around. It got to be a contest to see if we could beat her to the punch. By the time I was a teenager we were getting up at 3:30am in the morning to claim our stocking and loot. Then we would take the stuff back to bed with with us to protect it from her. She's still evil !!

...2Blonde

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Throwing the sweat pants that grandma gives you to the back of the closet!

No! Tell grandma I'm giving you sweat pants this year!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Oh yeah, I love watching Ralphy shoot his godamn eye out each year.
    Ah yes Manny! The good 'ol Daisy Air Rifle. How bout his old man's lamp made from a stockinged womans leg! P.S. Can I come over to your mother's house for some of those tamales?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Red Rider BB Gun??

"youll shoot your eye out"

Fra geee lay.... Must be italian.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Christmas Vacation, Holiday inn, and Lemon Drop Kid.

Gotta love it!!

We used to go christmas eve to Windcrest and look at all the lights, but now the neighborhood is kinda rundown I guess, and they dont have the contest anymore.

Some of the other traditions,

christmas dinner at about 4 in the afternoon then going to a movie.

other than that, nothing other than the traditional, shop for famly members, and gettin the tree at Papa Noel.
    Tpark, we went to Windcrest last year to take a walk down Memory Lane and they still have the contest, but it sure isn't as big a deal as it used to be and the decorations sure aren't as awesome as they used to be, but they give out maps and everything telling you were the winner's houses are etc.

Anybody know of the best neighborhoods to go look at lights nowadays??

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tpark, we went to Windcrest last year to take a walk down Memory Lane and they still have the contest, but it sure isn't as big a deal as it used to be and the decorations sure aren't as awesome as they used to be, but they give out maps and everything telling you were the winner's houses are etc.

Anybody know of the best neighborhoods to go look at lights nowadays??
    Braun Station has 2 good streets off of Tezel that go all out every year. I know 2 people that live on one of them and it's a requirement to decorate or all the neighbors will hate you. The streets are right by Braun Satation Elementary. You can't miss them. Just look for the glow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Hook, if we have a GTG around christmas time I'll bring you some.

SW: Hot As Hell
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No! Tell grandma I'm giving you sweat pants this year!
    Ok, I wasn't reallly thinking when I posted that. I guess I was really saving those all this time.

Thread Information