Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Okay, new question...

When I watched last night, I'm 99% sure the scene actually ended with Meadow (confirmed it with the two people I watched it with)... but most reviews I've read have it ending with Tony.

What did you guys see?

For the record I watched it on the HD channel.

Wanna kill all Humans? u2sarajevo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Okay, new question...

When I watched last night, I'm 99% sure the scene actually ended with Meadow (confirmed it with the two people I watched it with)... but most reviews I've read have it ending with Tony.

What did you guys see?

It ended with Meadow crossing the street running up to the restaurant. Then we get the sequence that's in the .gif above of Tony at the table with AJ and Carmella, you hear the door, Tony looking up with a nondescript look on his face and then silence (and black).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    See, I saw one last flash back to Meadow after Tony looked up. I think she was entering the restaurant but it was pretty quick. The song went "Don't stop" and then it was over.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Too funny. I never really got into this series the way other people did. I watched an episode here and there, but nothing major. I was joking with Wifey yesterday about how it was going to end since that's all people on the radio wanted to talk about. I joked that it would be funny if it just went to black "Monty Python Holy Grail style". Sounds like I nailed it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Okay, new question...

What did you guys see?

If you are trying to say that the scene flashed an image of Meadow walking through that door just after Tony looked up and reached for his pocket then you are mistaken. See my post at the bottom of page 3, you don't even have to read what I said to get my point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I still have not seen one episode of the Sopranos.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    are you ing re ed? two sides shoot guns at each other. war. mafia's had plenty of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Mafia_War

this show wasn't about mafia wars.
    This show wasn't at all about mafia wars? Good one meatball, they only beat around the bush about war between the two family's for 3 straight ing seasons. Then what the were they hinting at the with NJ and NY for half the series? With all the build up and tension, the war between two family's was a dud.

And comparing a WWII movie to somebody's expectations of the series finale of the greatest TV show of all-time, that happened to be a mafia show, is re ed. Just because I felt the last show was uneventful and lame doesn't mean I wanted some overdone shoot-em up bull alternative.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    This show wasn't at all about mafia wars?
    Personally, I'd say the show was a family drama, just that this particular family happened to be involved in the Mafia - and that's how it ended....with the family.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    The more I watch and think about the ending, the more I love it. The first time I saw it, I absolutely hated it. Now, I can't imagine it ending any other way, and I wouldn't want it to. Perfect ending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you are trying to say that the scene flashed an image of Meadow walking through that door just after Tony looked up and reached for his pocket then you are mistaken. See my post at the bottom of page 3, you don't even have to read what I said to get my point.

I know that for most people it ended with Tony, but what I'm saying is that I remember the last shot being Meadow. And I'm not the only person who remembers it this way. The gamefaqs.com forum has several people who saw it too (or think they did).

So what I was wondering is if the HD feed had a slightly different ending, or if there was any other explanation. I know it's probably unlikely, but that's why I was seeing if anyone else remembered it that way.

Alas, I'm probably just crazy.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 06-11-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    The more I watch and think about the ending, the more I hate it.

It was the perfect ending for a show who's writing has been in decline since Season 2.

Chase is the suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Journey to end it all. Love that song. Perfect choice.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Read my thread I just made, I think most of you will really like it if your into the Sopranos ending

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    The more I watch and think about the ending, the more I hate it.

It was the perfect ending for a show who's writing has been in decline since Season 2.

Chase is the suck.
    No offense, but I think this is exactly the type of response Chase is looking for. The writing and symbolism of The Sopranos has been on a higher plane than anything else on TV for the past few seasons, and this final ending is his way of truly separating the wheat from the chaff as far as people who get what the show is about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Tony was killed at the end because if you think back to when he was talking to bobby in the boat and it flashed back to this a couple of times, bobby says "I wonder if you hear anything when it happens." So when the bell rings the dude that went to the bathroom probably came out and shot him and then its total silence. Thats my theory.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Personally, I'd say the show was a family drama, just that this particular family happened to be involved in the Mafia - and that's how it ended....with the family.

Of course it was a family drama, what do you think the mafia is? A family. And what happens in the mafia sometimes? They go to war with other crime families.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    So what I was wondering is if the HD feed had a slightly different ending, or if there was any other explanation. I know it's probably unlikely, but that's why I was seeing if anyone else remembered it that way.
    I watched it in HD and the last thing I saw was Tony looking toward the door. Wouldn't that be something, if Chase had some crazy setup where people were actually seeing different things. Wouldn't surprise me after that practical joke of an ending he pulled on everybody last night.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    how can people watch this crap?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    how can people watch this crap?
    Better than googling and beating off to pics of Marisa Miller all day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Better than googling and beating off to pics of Marisa Miller all day.
    is that what i do?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Of course it was a family drama, what do you think the mafia is? A family. And what happens in the mafia sometimes? They go to war with other crime families.
    it was a family drama, not a Family drama. like i said before, this was a show about a man, his wife, and their two children, and NOT a show about the Mafia.

saying that this show was a Mafia show is like saying that The Simpsons is a show about guys who work at a nuclear power plant.

the ending remained true to the show...i'm so happy they didn't sell out to please the mindless drones of fans who wanted blood for the sake of blood.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 06-11-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    This was taken from the HBO forums...I have my doubts as to some of this, but it certainly makes some sense......and for added emphasis i am SO ING HAPPY that david chase didn't spoonfeed us a neatly wrapped ending with a pretty little bow on top.

OK, at first I was really angry. I mean really, really angry. I can't believe though that no-one has posted by now what happened. The only thing I saw that was right, was that in the last scene we are seeing through Tony's eyes. Remember when he was speaking with Bobby...basically saying that you don't see it happening?

So here is what I found out. The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leo o. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop". Not the fans!!! Tony would like it to keep going but just as we have to say goodbye, so does he. No more Tony and I guess we are supposed to be happy that Meadow didn't get clipped as well (she would have been between the shooter and Tony) since she is the only one worth a crap in that family.

Thank you David Chase for making it so obscure that I feel bad for hating you at first. Absolutely amazing!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Why leave it up to interpretation? Did you guys watch the show for the substance of the material or did you tune in to watch someone get whacked?

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    this was a show about a man, his wife, and their two children, and NOT a show about the Mafia.
    No offense, but you don't get it either.

It was about the head of a major crime syndicate and his warped relationships with the women in his life; mother, Carmella, Melfi, Meadow, AJ(feminine qualities were two-fold; an hesis of Tony and the woman theme), Janice, mistresses, etc. IMO, Chase was trying to say that these relationships were more, or at least as much, of a hindrance to Tony than being a Mafia Don was.

this final ending is his way of truly separating the wheat from the chaff as far as people who get what the show is about.
    Funny you should say that...

And someone, somewhere mentioned that Tony was only imagining this, hence the reason he was wearing two different shirts. If this is the case, IMO, everyone in the diner, in Tony's mind, are some of the people he thinks could kill or turn on him. He keeps going back and forth with Meadow, the only person he trusts and adores, which is the reason why it takes her so long to park.

When Meadow finally enters that part of his thinking by entering the diner, it's over for Tony. He has no one. End show. End theory.

Thread Information