Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why leave it up to interpretation? Did you guys watch the show for the substance of the material or did you tune in to watch someone get whacked?
    Substance for me, every time.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    And someone, somewhere mentioned that Tony was only imagining this, hence the reason he was wearing two different shirts.
    He wasn't wearing different shirts. I'm 100% sure about that.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not sure. I watched it again last night and it looked like they could have been different.

Plus the way it was shot suggested he was imagining himself sitting there. It starts with Tony looking towards the table, cuts to the table (far view) showing patrons around, cuts back to Tony, then cuts to the same shot of the table but with Tony sitting there... with what looks to be a different shirt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I think he's wearing the same shirt...just his jacket covers the black areas on the sides of his shirt. I do think it's odd that they jump immediately to him with his jacket off and toying with the jukebox instead of at least one throwaway shot of him taking off the jacket and sitting down (probably just cuz it was a cool looking shot), but I still think that it's the same shirt.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 06-12-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Wanna kill all Humans? u2sarajevo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I wish I could post the article but I don't know where to get it... but a Dallas local sports station read an article with an interview with Chase (from yesterday) in which he states that Tony lives.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Either way, whether he was imagining himself sitting there or not, whether he was killed or not....this was a perfect ending. All the talk and debate over what really happened is alot more fun than saying "Oh hey Jack Bauer killed the terrorists, the end"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    It was about the head of a major crime syndicate and his warped relationships with the women in his life; mother, Carmella, Melfi, Meadow, AJ(feminine qualities were two-fold; an hesis of Tony and the woman theme), Janice, mistresses, etc. IMO, Chase was trying to say that these relationships were more, or at least as much, of a hindrance to Tony than being a Mafia Don was.
    I think Tony's involvement in the Mafia has very little to do with what the heart of the show is about. The Mafia angle is what sucks in casual viewers who tune in simply to watch whackings and to see a few s at the Bada Bing, and prompts people to about how much the ending "sucked".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    saying that this show was a Mafia show is like saying that The Simpsons is a show about guys who work at a nuclear power plant.

You're out of your mind of you truly believe that. The show is very much about Tony's family and his psyche, but everything in this show is as it pertains to the mob.

If you truly think that the mob is so secondary in this show, then you must believe that changing what Tony does for a living would have less effect on the show than changing his family dynamic or family make-up. The show is more about showing the world through the eyes of a mobster, how it effects his family relationships, his outlook on life, and his view of the world.

The show revolves around the mafia more than it revolves around Tony's family, based on the fact that the show would have been basically the same thing if you changed things in his family, wouldn't have been the same show if you changed what Tony did for a living.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Saw this post on another board and thought it was hilarious.

I just saw a sneak preview for the new Sopranos movie and WHOA!!!!! Verrrrrry interesting. I don't want to give away too much, but it's actually two hours of a completely black screen. You have to imagine the entire plotline. Freaking genius. At least the version I imagined.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He wasn't wearing different shirts. I'm 100% sure about that.
    I concur, I heard that rumor somewhere and investigated that too. But no he wasn't wearing a different shirt.

I am trying to figure out if that erie sound when he first walked in and looked at the table he would be sitting at meant anything. I think that chime is what everyone is overlooking here. Listen for it if you watch the last scene again. It's right as he walks in the door and gazes at the table

Optomistic but Realistic MrChug's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was really wierded out by the Journey playing. It made the scene really cheeseball.

Wanna kill all Humans? u2sarajevo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I am quite certain no matter how it ended everyone would not be pleased.

I liked it. I guess I'm a lucky one.

The only show I ever saw that ended with everyone happy (that I'm aware of) was Six Feet Under.

Doesn't that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can't even get that? pussyface's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I was really wierded out by the Journey playing. It made the scene really cheeseball.
    ...i had the misfortune of watching the episode with an idiot who shared your misguided opinion.

look directly above your head and you will see 'the sopranos' passing over top of you.

tony selected the song as he was straining for sentimentality. it wasn't picked because anyone thinks that its a cool song.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ...i had the misfortune of watching the episode with an idiot who shared your misguided opinion.

look directly above your head and you will see 'the sopranos' passing over top of you.

tony selected the song as he was straining for sentimentality. it wasn't picked because anyone thinks that its a cool song.
    millions in karaoke bars would beg to differ.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    millions in karaoke bars would beg to differ.
    isn't the point of karaoke bars to go sing cheesy crap for laughs?

either way, i agree with pussyface about this. the song wasn't picked so that the viewer could talk about how "awesome" that final song was and immediately download it on itunes the second the credits started rolling (i.e. the six feet under finale and every song used on grey's anatomy), the song was picked becaue it was the exact type of song Tony would choose to listen to in that situation.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    isn't the point of karaoke bars to go sing cheesy crap for laughs?
    for some, yes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    [QUOTE=leemajors]for some, yes.[/QUOTE

But not for you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Patsy had him killed right? He's the one who'd know where he was since his son was plowing Meadow. Patsy as a boss seems weird as though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Jamal Ginsberg (Meadow's black/jew boyfriend) had Tony killed imho for calling him a mulignan.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 02-04-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm actually rewatching this. Up to episode 12 of season 5.

RIP Adrianna.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Patsy had him killed right? He's the one who'd know where he was since his son was plowing Meadow. Patsy as a boss seems weird as though.
    Not something I ever figured, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm actually rewatching this. Up to episode 12 of season 5.

RIP Adrianna.
    Chris' new woman was so much hotter. Adriana went downhill fast.

Thread Information