Meadow looking saggy just doesn't seem right tbh

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Meadow looking saggy just doesn't seem right tbh
    I read about how she got an MS diagnosis fairly recently, like within the last few years. That may contribute. She did get hotter for a time after the show, though. Dude who married her was a lucky fellow. Looks will always fade at some point.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Not something I ever figured, tbh.
    I don't think NY really had beef with Tony once Phil and Johnny Sac were out of the picture. Phil's killing was just business since no one could earn as long as Phil wanted to be at war. But I remember Patsy with that eating slimeball grin in Tony's living room when Tony and Carmella find out Patsy's son and Meadow were dating. And with Sil, Chris, and Bobby out of the picture, you gotta think Patsy is next in succession to take the throne with Tony gone. He has always wanted to kill Tony for the way Philly got whacked and he's the one person in any of the crews who knew Tony would be at Holsten's. So he has two motives, he knows where to get him when his guard is down, and his passive aggressive act in Tony's living room earlier in the episode all seem to foreshadow him being the one having T killed. I don't think anyone else makes much sense as the one ordering the hit. It's not Paulie; he definitely doesn't want the throne after he was hesitant about a promotion from Tony earlier in the season.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I don't think NY really had beef with Tony once Phil and Johnny Sac were out of the picture. Phil's killing was just business since no one could earn as long as Phil wanted to be at war. But I remember Patsy with that eating slimeball grin in Tony's living room when Tony and Carmella find out Patsy's son and Meadow were dating. And with Sil, Chris, and Bobby out of the picture, you gotta think Patsy is next in succession to take the throne with Tony gone. He has always wanted to kill Tony for the way Philly got whacked and he's the one person in any of the crews who knew Tony would be at Holsten's. So he has two motives, he knows where to get him when his guard is down, and his passive aggressive act in Tony's living room earlier in the episode all seem to foreshadow him being the one having T killed. I don't think anyone else makes much sense as the one ordering the hit. It's not Paulie; he definitely doesn't want the throne after he was hesitant about a promotion from Tony earlier in the season.
    It's possible. But he wasn't that much in the foreground for it to seem like he was necessarily next in line. And he was a bit of a coward. He ran as Sil got shot, and he had to be drunk to piss in Tony's pool. He was very scared of Tony.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nah I think you're reading too much into it. The crime family would have collapse without Tony, silvio and most of the players dead or having being flipped.

Dont forget Carlo flipped so he's probably giving up the entire Soprano crew, including Patsy.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nah I think you're reading too much into it. The crime family would have collapse without Tony, silvio and most of the players dead or having being flipped.
    It probably would pretty quickly, but there are still tons of low level gots that would be kicking up towards Patsy. Paulie would have to also.

Dont forget Carlo flipped so he's probably giving up the entire Soprano crew, including Patsy.
    Never said it would be a very good reign for Patsy though. Patsy is still the only guy who I think has a motive. I could have seen Paulie setting it up if he wanted the throne, but he doesn't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It's possible. But he wasn't that much in the foreground for it to seem like he was necessarily next in line. And he was a bit of a coward. He ran as Sil got shot, and he had to be drunk to piss in Tony's pool. He was very scared of Tony.
    Which is what makes it weird as , most pussy ass boss of a family. But he's all that's left with much rank outside Paulie. For the life of me I can't think of anyone else who has a compelling interest in seeing Tony dead. And damn Patsy looks at Tony with such hatred in this scene.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Which is what makes it weird as , most pussy ass boss of a family. But he's all that's left with much rank outside Paulie. For the life of me I can't think of anyone else who has a compelling interest in seeing Tony dead. And damn Patsy looks at Tony with such hatred in this scene.

Of course he hates him. He killed his brother. But Patsy is not next up. Paulie is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Of course he hates him. He killed his brother. But Patsy is not next up. Paulie is ahead of him in the pecking order.
    Paulie was already really weird about that promotion Tony offered him earlier in the season though. I don't think he wanted the crown at all. I think it's kind of a funny low note for the series to end on with Patsy boss of the family.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Paulie was already really weird about that promotion Tony offered him earlier in the season though. I don't think he wanted the crown at all. I think it's kind of a funny low note for the series to end on with Patsy boss of the family.
    There's the scene where Paulie stepped up just to avoid Patsy being promoted. Patsy was a running joke.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    but would patsy even know that paulie will turn down the throne?

i just assumed it was somebody from NY getting revenge for phil. sure, he was causing problems, but it was an unsanctioned hit of a boss.

or maybe somebody learned tony was talking to the feds

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    but would patsy even know that paulie will turn down the throne?

i just assumed it was somebody from NY getting revenge for phil. sure, he was causing problems, but it was an unsanctioned hit of a boss.

or maybe somebody learned tony was talking to the feds
    You're right, Patsy probably wouldn't know Paulie initially turned down that offer from Tony. The hit of Phil got sanctioned by Butch though. Tony was a big moneymaker for New York so I can't believe they wanted him gone once the beef with Phil was over.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You're right, Patsy probably wouldn't know Paulie initially turned down that offer from Tony. The hit of Phil got sanctioned by Butch though. Tony was a big moneymaker for New York so I can't believe they wanted him gone once the beef with Phil was over.
    ah, forgot about that

it could be patsy for all we know, but i doubt its from any ambitions for being the boss, because he still thinks paulie is up

maybe furio came back

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In rewatching this series, the many times Christopher joked about tony's weight and how he was going to die from a heart attack before 50 hits home harder now. That was exactly how he died in real life. WHILE IN ITALY. Them prophetic words.

Well he was 51 but still

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ah, forgot about that

it could be patsy for all we know, but i doubt its from any ambitions for being the boss, because he still thinks paulie is up

maybe furio came back
    Maybe it was just taking Tony out since he knew Paulie wasn't loyal and Sil was gone. But there had be some ambition there too if it was him. At worst he'd be second in the DiMeo family. Still can't see anyone but Patsy as the one ordering the hit making sense. Unless it was Adriana's alcoholic mother or Rosalie Aprile. Was there anyone still loyal to Richie Aprile? No one but Tony, Carmella, and Chris knew it was Janice and not Tony who took him out.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-06-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    In rewatching this series, the many times Christopher joked about tony's weight and how he was going to die from a heart attack before 50 hits home harder now. That was exactly how he died in real life. WHILE IN ITALY. Them prophetic words.

Well he was 51 but still
    LOL yeah Chris said that all the time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Y'all are reading to much into it.
    David Chase basically doesn't give a f.
    Pine Barrens episode. He got tons of inquiries about if the Russian was to be presumed dead or not. He basic gave a f u answer of "who cares, he was some Russian" in real disdainful tones. Got too big for his britches after Sorpanos achieved success. Lots of ing about pay etc among the cast. That is why the final season had so many bull filler episdoes with AJ. He took way less money obviously.

I myself would pay money to see the Russian survive and come back and rail those two ultra pussies (KristoDuh and Paulie.)
    Ditto the episode where Paulie robbed the old lady, his mothers friend. She kneed him in the balls and he was doubled over. I would PAY to see her finish him off. Preferably kill the little but would also be good to have had her call the cops and he be arrested. Of course they had to write it where he miraculously recovers from ball mash in 20 seconds and weasels out.

Pretty sure you guys must have seen the MSNBC special on the real life Sopranos. *Macho* charismatic Tony ends up ratting out the entire crew in exchange for super light Club Fed and then completely free. Living in Dallas running a strip club until that went south. How the no one has whacked him is beyond me.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Well he was 51 but still
    His health looked noticeably much worse in the last two or three seasons. The show went with it, but I'm wondering if they dictated the weight gain at all. Honestly, someone should've done an intervention.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    His health looked noticeably much worse in the last two or three seasons. The show went with it, but I'm wondering if they dictated the weight gain at all. Honestly, someone should've done an intervention.
    James lost weight for his role in "The Mexican", Chase told Gandolfini to gain his weight back because people wont like a skinny Tony Soprano.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    James lost weight for his role in "The Mexican", Chase told Gandolfini to gain his weight back because people wont like a skinny Tony Soprano.
    Which is wrong. He looked better in the earlier seasons at a more healthy weight. Gandolfini should've told them you get what you get.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Which is wrong. He looked better in the earlier seasons at a more healthy weight. Gandolfini should've told them you get what you get.
    He was getting a million an episode so compromise.

He passed long after the show ended so that wouldn't be an issue anyways. He had 2008-2013 to re-adjust. It's a shame really. Good damn actor.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

He passed long after the show ended so that wouldn't be an issue anyways. He had 2008-2013 to re-adjust. It's a shame really. Good damn actor.
    By that time he surely had health complications / habits that weren't so easy to alleviate. Once you hit a certain age you have to be extra careful. Health isn't always a switch you flip.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

one of the best-acted shows all around, tbh

Thread Information