Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice win tonight against the Red Sox. If Tejeda hadn't walked like five people, it wouldn't have been nearly as close. Twice bases were loaded and Sox got nothing, thankfully. Let's get another win tomorrow so we earn at least a split and I will be happy.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Rangers aren't going to get close to sniffing the WC, but if they put together a strong finish to the season and be consistent it will be the first time this decade that they have shown it.
    2004 wasn't bad. I wish we continued it through the entire season, though. But it was a nice 89-73 season. We would have been in the playoffs if we played in the NL that year, I believe.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rangers have 3 out of the four starting infielders out, and are competing nicely in this road series against the AL's best. 3-2 on this road trip hopefully they close out the game today, its the 9th inning while im posting this,.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

two nights in a row, Ortiz comes up with a chance to win the game and both times we get the win. i dont know how we are doing it.

4-2 now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unbelievable what they are doing. It's like the more adversity you throw at them (injuries) the harder they fight.

Not only that, but Michael Young has been sucking it up bad lately. No homers in a month and grounding everything out, including some dp's.

Kam with three good outings in a row! Against two of the best offenses in baseball.

I am worried about Aki, I hope they took him out as some sort of precaution and not because he is injured. I am SOOO sick of injuries, if he is hurt that will be the third injury (Kinsler, Hairston, Aki) since Friday.

I am also excited to see Relaford up. Let Desimania begin!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, have you guys seen CJ Wilson's newest video? He gets the entire pitching staff involved, it's pretty damn funny. Here is a link from his mlbog: http://cjwilson.mlblogs.com/my_weblo...road_trip.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, who would have thought the Rangers' staff would be erasing the vaunted RoSox lineup. With the exception of Rob Tejeda the Rangers' pitching has been sublime. Last 3 games vs RoSox - bullpen is 11 innings of scoreless work.

Watching Gagne going toe to toe with Big P. in the bottom of the 9th with a 1 run lead and a runner on base during these last two games were the most excitement I've gotten from watching baseball this year.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    wow! this is the texas rangers team i expected to see out there. a group of fighters who may not be the best team out there, but they'd be contenders and winners due to their toughness and resilience. it's a shame that they started off so terribly, but if they keep this up then this could still be a successful season. Ron Washington seems to be getting into his groove and doesn't appear in over his head like before.

This road trip has already been a resounding success. If they can take a couple from the Angels and Orioles then they will have made a great little run before the All Star break.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think the Rangers will be a good team next year. Address some areas in the offseason and get more pitching and we could challenge for the AL West crown in 2008.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this is the same team that got swept by the D-Rays.

i think the Red Sox are just letting their guard down a little bit. if we can beat the Red Sox again today i'll start to believe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rangers have entered bizarro world - I didn't believe it until I saw the unthinkable tonight - Millwood going 8 and mowing people down, Wilkerson of all people with 3 HR and 6 RBI, and the Rangers racking the Angels, the same Angels who have several .400 hitters against the Rangers, in an 8-2 game.

that Wilkerson thing has me baffled. I guess you have to have him at first so he keeps his damn head in the game... then he actually hits too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3/4 of the infield on the DL. Makes you wonder. That game was awesome tonight, by the time he hit the third homer, I shouted out "oh bull !"

Wilkerson always had the potential to be good but he has been injured so damn much. HOpefully he has gotten his groove back. I wonder what will happen when Tex comes back, makes you wonder...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wondering what they're going to do with Tex back as well. With the way the position guys have been playing at these positions (especially Wilkerson), it makes it difficult for me to advocate moving him and putting Tex back at first. I don't know if it's a coincidence that the Rangers have been nutting up since Tex went down, but IMO they should shop him around and see what kind of pitching they could land.

I'm going to the game tomorrow night, so hopefully they don't decide to return to pre-June 14 Rangers. It should be fun to watch and see if they can take 2 in a row from the Angels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do lose, would it be safe to call you a jinx?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do lose, would it be safe to call you a jinx?
    Well, I've been to 5 games this season and they are 4-1 in those games (including one win against the Angels where Nelson Cruz of all people got a walk off HR), so they're bound to come back to earth in games I attend at some point. But if they lose 11-1 or something like that feel free to lay into me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I've been to 5 games this season and they are 4-1 in those games (including one win against the Angels where Nelson Cruz of all people got a walk off HR), so they're bound to come back to earth in games I attend at some point. But if they lose 11-1 or something like that feel free to lay into me...
    OK, so you are not a jinx

Another GREAT win by the Rangers, these boys continue to impress. Jamey effing Wright holding the Angels to two runs, Wilkerson with an RBI double that was about half a foot from leaving the park and Gagne continues to show he doesn't have to throw 97mph to still be lights-out.

Somebody pinch me! A lineup with Desi Relaford, Marlon Byrd, JHJ and Ramon Vazquez and a very slumping Michael Young should NOT be doing this. But you won't hear me complaining.

Another series win.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    kicking the angels ass! this thing aint over!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, so you are not a jinx

Another GREAT win by the Rangers, these boys continue to impress. Jamey effing Wright holding the Angels to two runs, Wilkerson with an RBI double that was about half a foot from leaving the park and Gagne continues to show he doesn't have to throw 97mph to still be lights-out.

Somebody pinch me! A lineup with Desi Relaford, Marlon Byrd, JHJ and Ramon Vazquez and a very slumping Michael Young should NOT be doing this. But you won't hear me complaining.

Another series win.
    That was a great win. You got the sense that Wright was getting it together when he had the bases loaded with one out and only gave up one run on a fielders choice double play. After getting out of that inning the whole team and crowd seemed more pumped. That was the biggest non-opening day crowd I had seen at a Rangers game due to it being the 4th, and it was a fun atmosphere. They also put on a damn good fireworks show after the win. I came within about 5 ft of catching a bat that was thrown out of the hands of one of the Angels hitters. That looks freaky flying at your head.

I like the entrance for Gagne - they crank up the Guns N Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" and flash this caricature of Gagne all over the Jumbotron with "Game Over" under it. It was the first time I've seen Gagne in a save situation where they do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one?

It's my desktop background.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one?

It's my desktop background.
    That's it. That one's awesome. I love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it. That one's awesome. I love it.
    Yeah, I love that graphic, too. The way the team has been playing lately I don't even want them to trade Gagne, even though I know he is the most likely to get dealt.

I like this graphic, too. Courtesy of Drew Sheppard at LoneStarBall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I changed my sig. It was time

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I came within about 5 ft of catching a bat that was thrown out of the hands of one of the Angels hitters.
    really? were you sitting in section 18 behind the Visitor's dugout? if so, do you remember a couple innings earlier when the girl got hit in the head with the foul ball? thats where i was sitting.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    holy . this team is playing great.

but please let's hope that Jon Daniels isn't thinking the way the players are. I think I heard Marlon Byrd mention the word "playoffs" like the Rangers have a legitimate shot at it this year.

Unless this team goes on a miraculous 16 game winning streak or goes 19-1 in the next 20 games or some , they need to continue with the planned garage sale and find the best offers for Tex, Gagne, Sosa, and whoever else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Tex and Sosa, but Gagne has expresssed an interest in staying and helping to rebuild. Could be lip service but I would like to see how far the team can go with him. However, if the deal is good enough then yes, they should trade him.

Thread Information