Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    will either make or break the season. none of these teams are over .500 except the Brewers but they arent playing well lately. Rangers can beat these guys. we have two more vs Milwaukee, @ Pittsburgh, @ Cincinatti, vs Cubs, vs Houston.

houston could win two or possibly sweep us, so we should get as many wins vs these other teams as possible. my hope is to go atleast 10-5 in these next 15. because after these teams, it gets ugly. 4 @ Detroit, 4 @ Boston, and then Angels come to town. if we struggle vs these next teams, then the Rangers will probly finish with the worst record in baseball.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    they should feast on the NL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will either make or break the season. none of these teams are over .500 except the Brewers but they arent playing well lately. Rangers can beat these guys. we have two more vs Milwaukee, @ Pittsburgh, @ Cincinatti, vs Cubs, vs Houston.

houston could win two or possibly sweep us, so we should get as many wins vs these other teams as possible. my hope is to go atleast 10-5 in these next 15. because after these teams, it gets ugly. 4 @ Detroit, 4 @ Boston, and then Angels come to town. if we struggle vs these next teams, then the Rangers will probly finish with the worst record in baseball.
    Make or break rangers season? dude their season broke a LONG time ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not broken if they improve and start making strides in the right direction. For a team that is trying to reverse a long-standing culture of losing, getting into the playoffs is not always the most important thing. Getting on the path is, however and I think by season's end, they will be right where they should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOOHOO!

Rangers score four runs (all wtih two outs, and three of them with 0-2 counts) off of Coco to take 4-3 win. UVA comeback boys, and a two-game win streak to boot. I LOVE the heart they displayed tonight and hope this builds some confidence and helps them get their heads straight.

I Drink Elephant Poop Bear Grylls's Avatar
    My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    TBiA OWNS Cordero

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    HAHA CoCo Cordero cant pitch in Arlington, no wonder the Rangers dumbed his ass. As for the Rangers their starters ERA is pushing 7.00 and no Teixiera is going on the DL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

I wonder what monosylab1k has to say about this. He basically called me an idiot for defending sending Coco away and arguing that he would not be nearly as good if he were still with the Rangers.

Not only did we get rid of Coco, but Mench (who is sucking it up again) and Nix who is still in the minors. Nelly Cruz and two draft picks? I think the Rangers did OK.

Another reason not to try and evaluate trades right away? After a ty start, McCarthy's ERA is 3.50ish in his last five starts, three of those wins. He threw some nasty stuff tonight, I am hopeful he can be the type of pitcher we thought we got when they traded Danks away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah trading away a stud reliever for pretty much no one, was a good trade

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Make or break rangers season? dude their season broke a LONG time ago.
    im not talking about making playoffs.

breaking the season would be finishing as the worst team or close to the worst team in the league. hopefully we can get close to around .500 and be a respectable team. thats my goal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah trading away a stud reliever for pretty much no one, was a good trade
    Did you just read what I said? He isn't a stud in Arlington! He was breaking down last season and even leading the league in saves, he broke down again last night in Arlington. I would bet cash money that 9/10 times he will break down whenever he piches in Arlington. So yeah, trading a pitcher who can't pitch IN ARLINGTON (which is what matters most to the Rangers) for Nelson Cruz and draft picks (which they used VERY well, I might add) is good.

I Drink Elephant Poop Bear Grylls's Avatar
    My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    It's Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

I will never refer to TBiA as "Rangers Ballpark in Arlington", just like I never called it Ameriquest Field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BWHAHAHA, a second blown save in a row for Cordero in Arlington. On to extra innings we go!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He did it again, CoCo is cursed in Arlington

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    The Rangers now have the worst record in baseball I believe.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Theyve had the worst record in baseball for at least the past week

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I wonder what monosylab1k has to say about this. He basically called me an idiot for defending sending Coco away and arguing that he would not be nearly as good if he were still with the Rangers.
    He had plenty of success in Arlington up until ONE POOR MONTH in which he got benched for Otsuka and then proceeded to play great as a setup man and even in the few opportunities he got to close games again. There was even debate as to whether or not he should get his job back since he was pitching well again. They traded him away because of ONE POOR MONTH.

Horrible trade for the Rangers no matter how you look at it. We gave away a former All-Star and quality reliever (along with other pieces) in order to rent Carlos Lee for half a season.

Let's not even mention Nelson Cruz like he's any good.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 06-11-2007 at 11:53 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He did it again, CoCo is cursed in Arlington
    Yeah that explains his 49 save season. That explains his All-Star appearance as a Ranger. That explains a very respectable 37 save season on a horrible team.

One bad month and he's cursed? Hank Blalock's had 3 bad YEARS and we keep giving him chances....and we give up on Cordero for one bad month....this is the type of dumbass logic that keeps this team in the cellar.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 06-11-2007 at 11:51 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the Coco trade isnt what upsets me, its the Chris Young/Adrian Gonzalez 4 Adam eaton/otsuka deal. Eaton was set to be a free agent and wasnt even a proven pitcher

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Rangers could very possibly have this lineup right now, if not for a huge series of blunders and ups by managers, GM's, and the owner over the past 5 or 6 years.

C - Pudge
    1B - Teixeira
    2B - Kinsler
    SS - Young
    3B - Mike Lowell
    LF - Soriano
    CF - Torii Hunter? (Smart moves would have left us with good trade bait to offer the Twins...plus he's stated many times that he'd love to play here)
    RF - Sosa
    DH - Travis Hafner

SP - Josh Beckett
    SP - Kevin Millwood
    SP - Chris Young
    SP - Vicente Padilla
    SP - Kenny Rogers

We'd still have Adrian Gonzalez as trade bait for a much better trade than the one we gave him up for as well.

Tell me that lineup wouldn't be capable of winning a World Series.

Hindsight is 20/20 (And even the greatest of GM's probably couldn't have developed this lineup although they could have gotten something similar), but that doesn't excuse our front office for being the most short sighted bas s alive, and it doesn't excuse our managers for being incompetent pussies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was ownership I would have to totally blow out the front office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The past is the past, even though yes, the Adrian Gonzalez/Chris Young trade sucks, why still cry over it? I have never seen the point of that, making yourself miserable over you have no control over.

As for blowing up the front office, wrong again. When your whole franchise culture is mired in losing, its a looong process to change it. Those changes are being implemented as we speak, so blowing it up and starting from scratch is not the wise thing to do in the middle of such a feat.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl.

stros sign ho park to minor league deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl.

stros sign ho park to minor league deal.

Hopefully he never makes it to the Astros, or you too will know the shame of having CHoP on your team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

C - Pudge
    1B - Teixeira
    2B - Kinsler
    SS - Young
    3B - Mike Lowell
    LF - Soriano
    CF - Torii Hunter? (Smart moves would have left us with good trade bait to offer the Twins...plus he's stated many times that he'd love to play here)
    RF - Sosa
    DH - Travis Hafner

SP - Josh Beckett
    SP - Kevin Millwood
    SP - Chris Young
    SP - Vicente Padilla
    SP - Kenny Rogers
    jesus. and we had the opportunity to trade Blalock for Mike Lowell and Beckett and we passed that one up

Thread Information