My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bunch of conservative witch hunting idiots!!

"Kenneth Starr says he never should have led the investigation that resulted in the impeachment of former President Bill Clinton.

The former independent counsel, now dean of the Pepperdine University law school, says "the most fundamental thing that could have been done differently" was for somebody else to have investigated Clinton's statements under oath denying he had an affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

The idiot Starr said his role in a yearslong investigation of Clinton should have focused instead on Clinton's role in the failed Arkansas land deal known as Whitewater."

Except..........there was nothin' THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for wasting much of your precious tax payer's money. Oh buy DeLay is innocent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny, but Clinton cut a lot of people a lot of slack in his book. Kenneth Starr wasn't one of them. He's the only person that WJC is bitter at to this day.

This smacks of revisionalism. If he really felt that someone else should have investigated, then he should have accepted the job at Pepperdine, and told the RNC to go themselves. True men of principal act upon it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clinton deserved to be impeached.

He was, and probably still is, a ing liar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was, and probably still is, a ing liar.
    If you are honest with yourselves, Bush too is and still is a ing liar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are honest with yourselves, Bush too is and still is a ing liar.
    It's gonna be a long 4 years for you too Gold toe!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush too is and still is a ing liar.
    This is and still is redundant. Presently.

I'm sorry, it's a slow day at work today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is and still is redundant. Presently.

I'm sorry, it's a slow day at work today.
    At least you're objective Spurm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny, but Clinton cut a lot of people a lot of slack in his book. Kenneth Starr wasn't one of them. He's the only person that WJC is bitter at to this day.

This smacks of revisionalism. If he really felt that someone else should have investigated, then he should have accepted the job at Pepperdine, and told the RNC to go themselves. True men of principal act upon it.
    Everyone knew the whole Lewingski affair was much-ado about nothing. Had Starr stood up for his 'Principles' against the coming NeoCon wave in the Republican pary, he probably couldn't get a job at Dairy Queen today. So Starr chose his families well being over that of his country. Doesn't make what he did right, but it does help to kinda put you in his shoes at the time.

Now he has regrets. Too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, that would have been great for the country. i still don't understand the argument for why clinton should be impeached given the evidence we all know. it still seems like a strictly partisan effort.

i don't agree with bush on a majority of his policies, but i don't want him to be impeached unless he commits some horrible act that is worthy of impeachment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clinton impeachment was a partisan effort, and it was one that truly began in late 1992 or early 1993. From the moment that Clinton won the Oval Office, those on the right were out to get him and they refused to back off until they could find something. I laugh now when the right whines about attacks on Bush, since the GOP basically patented attack politics with the assault on Clinton.

Neocons will tell you that the Clinton presidency was "scandal-filled," but as to each of the "scandals" there turned out to be nothing to implicate Bill Clinton in any wrongdoing: no wrongdoing in Whitewater, no wrongdoing in Travelgate, no wrongdoing with regard to Vince Foster, no wrongdoing with regard to Ron Brown, no wrongdoing with regard to Hilary's trading -- the list goes on.

At the end of all of that, the right could say "Well you see, here are all of these things that needed investigating, and even though we could never find anything, you can infer that Clinton is a lying sack of crap." But it's all a load of bull. Piling manufactured scandal atop manufactured scandal does not demonstrate wrongdoing. If anything, it demonstrates the lengths to which the right was willing to go in manifesting its disdain for Clinton.

Impeachment was the last arrow in the GOP's quiver and it was an absolute witchhunt. Starr is right to question the propriety of going forward with the impeachment process, even if it is five or six years overdue. In the spring of 1998 -- several months before the actual impeachment process began -- Starr spoke at my graduation exercises and even then, sounded as if he had no belief in what he was doing. He surely knew at that point that the Lewinski issue was ridiculously attenuated from any reasonable investigation (and certainly had nothing to do with the matters for which he was appointed), but there was a fairly clear sense that he was under immense pressure to come up with anything that the GOP could use against Clinton.

By the time Blowjobgate arose, Clinton was going to impeached no matter what, even if it was for not putting the seat down after using the restroom. Starr was a puppet to move that process along in some quasi-legalistic fashion. It seems that by his recent comments, he's now admitting to that. It's really too bad that he didn't speak up sooner.

In the end, the evidence demonstrated that Clinton did nothing wrong -- well, nothing other than running smart campaigns, appealing to the masses, and pissing off the right by beating down the Reaganite movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP accusations are almost always projection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whenever I see an ancient thread bumped.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whenever Darrin wants to avoid the topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whenever I see an ancient thread bumped.
    Not many dedicated Ken Starr threads here. The post fits, sorry about the sand in your vag.

Jimmerosity
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Having to go back to 2004.
    This is what happens when you don't take regular slaps from GOATtacular.

Thread Information