My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was his 2,900th career hit, putting him (obviously) 100 hits away from 3,000.

Say what you will about the cat -- and there's a lot to criticize -- but he'll retire with numbers that are just flat-out crazy. 3,000+ hits, 2,200+ runs, 600+ doubles, 750+ home runs, 2,000+ rbi, 500+ steals, 2,500+ walks, a career average of .299 (today), a career OBP of .444, a career OPS of 1.050. Nobody in the history of the game has a resume like that.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is the greatest baseball player of all time.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He should come back next year just to break 3000 and piss everyone else further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is the greatest baseball player of all time.
    a real $6 million man.

Late 2nd round pick cecil collins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's not a first ballot hall of famer, we need new voters. I understand the steroid concern, but he's been a badass his whole career. Nobody has close to the number of MVP's he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's not a first ballot hall of famer, we need new voters. I understand the steroid concern, but he's been a badass his whole career. Nobody has close to the number of MVP's he has.
    I absolutely agree with that. Bonds was a no-brainer, first ballot Hall of Famer before 1998, I think (even by mild projection forward). Even if you discount his numbers for steroid use after 98, he's a legitimate 500 HR/500 SB guy -- the only such player in the history of the game. He's a multiple-time MVP. His peripherals were great before 1998, too.

Some schmucko sportswriters will keep Bonds off of his ballot in Year 1 and enough of them might to that to keep him out until Year 2. But aside from designating themselves Barry's jury, in the absence of clear proof of any wrongdoing, they'll simply be showing themselves to be the asshats (so steal a mouse-ism) that they tend to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome numbers.

Hope he owns up one day to using steroids instead of being a .

Even if he does, his numbers are tainted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see that the old presumption of innocence is alive and well in the US of A.

I actually hope that nobody is ever able to come up with real proof of any wrongdoing by Barry Bonds.

#751 tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see that the old presumption of innocence is alive and well in the US of A.

I actually hope that nobody is ever able to come up with real proof of any wrongdoing by Barry Bonds.

#751 tonight.
    All you have to do is take a look at photos of his head from Pittsburgh to today. Your head doesn't naturally grow like that in your 30s, or on Bonds scale, EVER. It takes HGH to restart the bone growth.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    i wonder how much is penis shrunk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He himself under a supposed secret, grand jury admitted to using the cream and the clear.

Steroids.

So pardon me for using that evidence against the asshole.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm far more offended about the failure to keep Grand Jury testimony a secret than I am about Barry Bonds using steroids.

I'm inclined to ignore that evidence on principle.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Barry Bonds was able to use steroids (allegedly) is an indictment on baseball owners, execs, media and fans for ignoring the growing problem that was already apparent when Jose Canseco's 100 lb biceps stepped up to the plate on National TV in three straight World Series.

It got so out of control that we can't possibly know how many players in the league - pitchers or hitters - were taking steroids. So now we're putting the weight of the problem on one player who happened to succeed the most out of everyone who was (allegedly) on steroids.

It almost borders on entrapment. You create an environment where steroids are ignored to the point of being encouraged, then when it gets ugly (specifically, when an unpopular player is threatening to break a beloved record) you call in the dogs.

(And another lesson from this is that baseball fans/media have been far too obsessed with numbers, historically... but that's another discussion.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you have to do is take a look at photos of his head from Pittsburgh to today. Your head doesn't naturally grow like that in your 30s, or on Bonds scale, EVER. It takes HGH to restart the bone growth.
    I agree with you and I personally think he has been using them but this country should be about being proven guilty. Even though a lot of people think, feel and believe he is guilty...just thinking, feeling and believing doesn't make it so.

Personally I think baseball is covering his ass. No proof...just an opinion.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Barry Bonds is a true testament to what a sensible diet, weight training and dedication can do to improve performance...It is not Barry’s fault that fat people like Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron & Willie Stargell did not have Barry’s dedication or true love for the game!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most players cheat somehow. most who hate on Bonds are rascist ers and jealous of his cash and fame.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Awesome numbers.

Even if he does, his numbers are tainted.
    I didn't know steroids improved your hand eye coordination

Thread Information