Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Seattle is intent on taking away pieces from our franchise, why don't we do the same and find a way to pry Earl Watson away from the Sonics.

Watson was a Spurs killer (sort of) for a couple of years when he was with the Grizzlies. Before anyone says it, I know he doesnt play much defense right now, but in a Spurs uniform he could play much better in that area. He also has a nice outside shot...3-point range as well.
    Last edited by BILLYE; 07-05-2007 at 08:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watson is the closest thing that the Sonics have to a starting PG. I don't know that they let him go unless we can give them something of quality back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watson is the closest thing that the Sonics have to a starting PG. I don't know that they let him go unless we can give them something of quality back.

Ridnour is not the starter anymore? Why not trade Beno for Watson straight up...i dont know what Watson's salary is like though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridnour is not the starter anymore? Why not trade Beno for Watson straight up...i dont know what Watson's salary is like though.
    I believe around 4.5M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are $18.6M reasons over the next three years why the Spurs won't go after Watson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watson is making just shy of 6M a year and Udrih 1.7M. Besides, why would the Sonics trade Watson for Udrih is a horrible trade for them. You realize that Presti has watched Udrih play for years and knows just how much he sucks, right? Why trade away the only PG on your roster that has ever been good in the clutch for a guy that can't even get the ball up the court against pressure?

If you're going to start a stupid trade thread like this do your homework first man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can think of worse trades than Barry and Beno for Watson ... but the Spurs won't take on that type of salary for a backup point guard.

Believe.
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    The Sonics are going to be horrible next yr sowhy not dump a long term deal. Like they really think Watson is some essential piece, but alas the Spurs wouldn't want his salary either. It's all about building around Durant/Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watson is making just shy of 6M a year and Udrih 1.7M. Besides, why would the Sonics trade Watson for Udrih is a horrible trade for them. You realize that Presti has watched Udrih play for years and knows just how much he sucks, right? Why trade away the only PG on your roster that has ever been good in the clutch for a guy that can't even get the ball up the court against pressure?

If you're going to start a stupid trade thread like this do your homework first man.

way to welcome Spurs brethren to the board ya

stupid trade thread huh...the Scola, Barry and Beno deal for Nocioni????!!!!! you got to be kidding me... its worse than the Watson deal...maybe you need to do your homework pal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted the Spurs to sign Watson a few years back. He'd be a sweet backup to Tony. He makes a little too much right now. But I'd take the Beno/Barry for Watson deal in a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect this a lot. It happens to all new members. I went through it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to come in with a weak take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are being obnoxious as . Not everyone knows the salary situations of every player in the league or how the cap works, trades, etc. Some fans are more casual about this side of basketball than others. So instead of attacking people when they don't know something, how about just providing the info and not being such asses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are being obnoxious as . Not everyone knows the salary situations of every player in the league or how the cap works, trades, etc. Some fans are more casual about this side of basketball than others. So instead of attacking people when they don't know something, how about just providing the info and not being such asses.
    I think I even stated that I didn't know his salary in an earlier post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I hear out of Seattle, they don't have much faith in Ridnour, which makes Watson, who started for much of the second half of last season, their man. Also, he's paid 6mil/yr.

I think he'll be Seattle's starter, and we can't afford him. Pity, I like his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now the Sonics have three PGs on their roster....Ridnour, Watson, and now West.

Of the three, I would actually prefer West. He is the cheapest option as of now, plays with a swagger/moxy, and has the size/versatility to shift over to the two-spot.

Not sure what it would take to get him....but he's the one of those three that I would want to run the Spurs backup PG job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridenour wouldn't suck for a backup.

Can make a three, and run offense as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridnour for Beno and Barry. Barry gets to play out his contract in Seattle and maybe look to re-sign there to play out his days. He brings veteran savy to a young team and he's loved in Seattle. Beno brings them, uh, a cheap contract with possibility.

What's Ridnour make?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Seattle management loves Watson. Ridnour is the one on the trade block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Scola, Barry and Beno deal for Nocioni????!!!!! you got to be kidding me... its worse than the Watson deal...maybe you need to do your homework pal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle management loves Watson. Ridnour is the one on the trade block.
    Who in Seattle management loves Watson? The new owner? Presti?

Because last season's management tried to trade him all year.

But yeah, I agree they are trying to get rid of Ridnour but I would never want him on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now the Sonics have three PGs on their roster....Ridnour, Watson, and now West.

Of the three, I would actually prefer West. He is the cheapest option as of now, plays with a swagger/moxy, and has the size/versatility to shift over to the two-spot.

Not sure what it would take to get him....but he's the one of those three that I would want to run the Spurs backup PG job.
    West is the only guy they have right now on their roster to play the 2. So I think they are keeping him, unless they trade for another 2 guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if Presti would go for giving up Ridnour for Barry and Beno. It would depend mostly on how high he values Barry and his expiring contract as well as how much he thinks Beno's major suckage is system and coach related. If he really likes Barry and thinks what Beno needs most is a change of scenery then this could work basketball-wise (although I don't know how the salaries match). If he doesn't feel that way then I'm sure he could find something better elsewhere for Ridnour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridnour can't shoot and he can't play D. And he's too small to even try to guard anyone.

Thread Information