My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone heard anything about this?
    announcer said something about it during the game on fox today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I can find on the wires.

I remember seeing an Andruw Jones piece on Fox briefly, but I think it was Kevin Kennedy's First Half Goats.

Now, the Braves might be shopping Andruw since he's a FA at the end of the season, but I would think the Braves would be buyers, not sellers, at the deadline.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Isn't he a free agent at year's end? Both he a Torii Hunter...

Wonder which one goes first. I'd rather have Hunter, but I suspect Jones has the bigger ego and will want to see what Hunter gets, then hold out for just a bit more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I can find on the wires.

I remember seeing an Andruw Jones piece on Fox briefly, but I think it was Kevin Kennedy's First Half Goats.

Now, the Braves might be shopping Andruw since he's a FA at the end of the season, but I would think the Braves would be buyers, not sellers, at the deadline.
    commentator was talking about how SD cf was a possibility to replace andruw next year. i odnt think they were talking about trading andruw, just the braves letting him go next year. il ove the braves but the amount of people they let go over the last couple of years, coupled with the horrible pitching they have pursued is really makingme fed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was an MLB GM, I wouldn't touch Andruw Jones unless someone else was picking up the tab.

He's become little more than a home run hitter anymore -- entering today's game, he's 174th (among 175 hitters with qualifying plate appearances) in batting average; he's 131st in slugging percentage; and he's 143rd in OPS. He's tied for 21st in HR, but he's 5th in strikeouts. If he's not hitting home runs, he's not doing much offensively these days.

He's reputed to be a great defensive CF, but lives mostly on a reputation because his range (crucial to defensive prowess as a centerfielder) has diminished greatly in the last few years -- he was last among qualifying CF in zone rating in 2006, 15th in 2005, last in 2004, and 3rd from last in 2003.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you could get him to setttle down at the plate i would rather have him than most CF
    im mostly just getting annoyed at how the braves let everyone go all the time. granted, they have lots of talent coming up through the system, hint hint yankees should take notes, but it does no good if you dont get team unity going

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    andrew can also veto any trade.

hunter cannot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's reputed to be a great defensive CF, but lives mostly on a reputation because his range (crucial to defensive prowess as a centerfielder) has diminished greatly in the last few years -- he was last among qualifying CF in zone rating in 2006, 15th in 2005, last in 2004, and 3rd from last in 2003.
    he does also have 9 gold gloves
    really until this year its hard to find too many faults wtih him. i dont think him leaving at the end of the year will be about thebraves not wanting him. it will be if he wants to chase money or stay with the team. hopefully he stays, but im sure atlanta will have some youngster come up,

Thread Information