Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    All-Star Game MVP! Go M's!

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Putz!!!!!!!! Errr, maybe not.

WTF is LaRussa thinking by not having Pujols pick up a bat with the bases loaded and 2 out in the 9th? 'Tis what the fans want to see, no?

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Putz!!!!!!!! Errr, maybe not.

WTF is LaRussa thinking by not having Pujols pick up a bat with the bases loaded and 2 out in the 9th? 'Tis what the fans want to see, no?
    Leyland should not have pulled Putz. The Tigers are going to pay for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leyland should not have pulled Putz. The Tigers are going to pay for that.
    You're a got-damned idiot if you think that.

As for LaRussa, I think he held back Albert so the other 13 teams with a better chance at the AL pennant don't get home field.

I figure he'll have a drunken driving arrest tonight, too.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    You're a got-damned idiot if you think that.

As for LaRussa, I think he held back Albert so the other 13 teams with a better chance at the AL pennant don't get home field.

I figure he'll have a drunken driving arrest tonight, too.
    Dude, I've seen Putz do the same thing several times and he always gets out of it. K-Rod almost blew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the 9th time in 10 years.... I didn't watch the game. So, in that spirit - no comment.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i cant imagine how furious pujols must be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a .

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Leyland gave Putz a chance even after he gave up the homerun. Putz walked the following batter on five pitches. He had another lights-out closer ready. How can you even question why Putz was taken out?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    i cant imagine how furious pujols must be
    Happens every year with a few players. If anything he should be pissed at himself for not playing better ball in the 1st half to get the starting nod over Fielder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its called giving your player the night off he should've had the night before.

More classy comments from Johnny Blaze

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to go, Ichiro!

(Remember that one, Blaze?)

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Leyland did the right thing by getting Putz out of there. He had all ready thrown 24 pitches, and at the time, he couldn't find the plate. He might've thought different if he had known K-Rod wasn't going to be much better though.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Leyland did the right thing by getting Putz out of there. He had all ready thrown 24 pitches, and at the time, he couldn't find the plate. He might've thought different if he had known K-Rod wasn't going to be much better though.
    Ya, after a night's sleep I'm okay with it. 24 pitches is more than enough in an All-Star game. I'm looking forward to the series with the Tigers. Hopefully I can get up there and catch a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its called giving your player the night off he should've had the night before.

Go yourself, Eric.

Even your star slugger is pissed at this man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just take a look at your repertoire.

Well, there are multiple faces that are hating on him still.
    He himself under a supposed secret, grand jury admitted to using the cream and the clear.

Steroids.

So pardon me for using that evidence against the asshole.
    Do I need to get a restraining order from you? Or are you gonna agree to STFU.
    why would you think that

ing losers
    So the stats.

Another person that goes by stats, instead of play on the court.

Congrats for reaching low depths on the intelligence pole Vito
    That's through July 1.

You stay hypocritical, Eric.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And just for s and giggles...

The original Drunken LaRussa thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Park is just mad that JB's fantasy team is named the Drunken LaRussas

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Is T Park's name really Eric Cartman??? I didn't know that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Park is just mad that JB's fantasy team is named the Drunken LaRussas
    That team is being managed by Drunken Manager, too. I'm 29.5 games back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team is being managed by Drunken Manager, too. I'm 29.5 games back.
    Dude, I am 16 games back, yet in 3rd place! Roid Rage is just running away with it. Still plenty of time though, nothing a couple of bad weeks for him can't fix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm looking to make deals for my 4th place team that is 16.5 games back. Anyone wanting to deal a good offensive catcher or a top-level closer can check with me. I've got some pretty good SP's and a bit of extra offense that I can offer up.

But I'm glad to have All-Star MVP Ichiro leading the way for Downtown's Diablos at this point.

As for the managerial decisions in the ASG -- I thought Leyland did the right thing in giving Putz some leeway, but I also think he yanked him at an appropriate stage.

I do think it was odd that Larussa didn't give Pujols the opportunity to hit with the game on the line; Pujols would have been the ultimate pinch hitter in that cir stance. But I can see why he held Albert back, too. Better to give opportunities to guys who haven't had bunches of All-Star game appearances and might not ever get another one. Had he hit Pujols for Rowand in the 9th, and had Pujols driven home one run, Larussa had a real dilemma entering extra innings. I guess he could have moved Soriano to center and put Pujols in left, but I could see why he might have had a strategic aversion to using Pujols for Rowand there.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Had he hit Pujols for Rowand in the 9th, and had Pujols driven home one run, Larussa had a real dilemma entering extra innings. I guess he could have moved Soriano to center and put Pujols in left, but I could see why he might have had a strategic aversion to using Pujols for Rowand there.
    I see your point and it is cogent.

But, it was bases loaded. A base hit brings in 2. Youd be putting Pujols in a situation to win the game, not tie it IMO.

It was stupid. LaRussa ed up because him and Leyland had conversations before the game concerning their players. Thats why Polanco, Magglio and Pudge were batting 6th 7th and 8th.

Past managers have been accused of favoritism, but these 2 went completely out of their way to divert criticism.

One could say at the expense of winning in LaRussa's case. Not pinch-hitting Pujols with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth....the most feared hitter in the entire NL, if not the majors, the most proven, accomplished hitter he had available, clutch doesnt begin to describe Pujols....

Stupid. I dont care if you had to sub him as a catcher (which I know it was an OF position), you put him in and let Pujols do his thing. Which, judging by K-Rod's command would have been a walk (tie) or a hit (win).

It was stupid. Very stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point and it is cogent.

But, it was bases loaded. A base hit brings in 2. Youd be putting Pujols in a situation to win the game, not tie it IMO.
    If Pujols walks, though -- not an unfair assumption given what had just happened -- and Freddy Sanchez ends the inning (I think Sanchez was on deck when Rowand hit), then Larussa has a problem. I could see, perhaps, that Larussa might have used Pujols to hit for Sanchez had Rowand extended the inning without winning the game.

I understand the going for the jugular thought, but I also understand both why Larussa had held Pujols back and why he might not have used him in that particular spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pujols walks, though -- not an unfair assumption given what had just happened -- and Freddy Sanchez ends the inning (I think Sanchez was on deck when Rowand hit), then Larussa has a problem. I could see, perhaps, that Larussa might have used Pujols to hit for Sanchez had Rowand extended the inning without winning the game.

I understand the going for the jugular thought, but I also understand both why Larussa had held Pujols back and why he might not have used him in that particular spot.
    I guess at this point, it's baseball philosophies, but I think not having the hard choices to make in the first place (defensive lineup) is the worse move.

Thread Information