My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wake up Tony. You aren't Michael Jordan and the drives to hoop with 4 defenders under the basket just aint workin.

What the happened to his teardrop shot? It used to be the one thing that we could count on from Parker that had any measure of consistentcy. Now he doesn't even try it anymore. How many times do we have to see Tony drive to the basket, pump fake, get surrounded, and watch his shot get blocked before he wakes up and realizes his limits.

Memo to Tony. Bring back the teardrop shot. The Jordanesque drives to the basket aren't working.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you baggin on Tony?

Pop signed Rasho. Pop signed a Rookie foreign point guard. Pop plays Horry whenever the opponent is a good team or the game is close. Pop played Malik tonight and lost.

Tear drop??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not blamin Tony for the loss. But there were a few times tonight that he could have used that teardrop shot that always worked instead of driving to the hoop and missing the contested layup.

This has been a thought in my head for a while now. You have to stick with what you do best against the good teams. Parker is trying to reconstruct his game on the fly. That's fine. But do it against the bad teams. Not against the teams that can take home court advantage away from you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were down by 20+, the teardrop was not the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were down by 20+, the teardrop was not the answer.
    Spurs don't go down by 20 if he uses it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs play some damn defense and they win the game. Sonics scored 60 in the first half.

Game over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs play some damn defense and they win the game. Sonics scored 60 in the first half.

Game over.

True. I didn't see any real defensive effort from the Spurs till mid 3rd qtr.

Bottom line. The Sonics are just the hungriest team out there right now. Reminds me of our 99 team. They just want it more than anyone else.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Tony's tear drop or lack thereof contributed to 58 first half Seattle points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Tony's tear drop or lack thereof contributed to 58 first half Seattle points.
    But it would have kept us a lot closer that 20.

Look. My point is that it was the best thing he had going for him these past few years. It collapsed the defense. Drew contact. And usually went down. Now he doesn't even try it anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The teardrop is used by guards because they can't go in and dunk on someone. The Spurs play defense, they win. Has nothing to do with offense.

Seattle dropped 60, end of story.

Thread Information