Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Barry is a worse team defender as well as individual defender than Bowen and The Flying Ginobili.

Look, guys who are offensive players and weak D players, are not the antichrist, they have their role to play in the grand scheme of things, and treating true offensive players and shooters like leppers is why we have a reputation for choking in the post season.
    Sure. Problem is, he's not doing his job on the offensive end so it's kinda hard to justify him getting Devin Brown's minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not saying Barry is atrocious on D because of only this one game. We've had 20 games to see the game can't cover a soul.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Barry is a worse team defender as well as individual defender than Bowen and The Flying Ginobili.

Sure. Problem is, he's not doing his job on the offensive end so it's kinda hard to justify him getting Devin Brown's minutes.
    How do you know he's not doing his job on the offensive end? He shot 50% the other night...oh true...he missed his 1 shot tonight, gave up 4 points to Rashard and got picked on an Allen three...

Burn him in .

Goldenboy didn't exactly have a banner night either...

I'm pretty sure Barry could have given up 29 points to Allen and gone 1-7 tonight....and since that seems to be the of idea untouchable defense around these parts...I don't see the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um whottt he has struggled offensively this season one lone decent performance is not going to change that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not saying Barry is atrocious on D because of only this one game. We've had 20 games to see the game can't cover a soul.
    Bah you guys deserve the LA series you got. And you deserve it to happen again.

Trade Barry or bench Barry and then we won't lose to Seattle again. That'll fix the problem. Because we all know...Barry's been costing us game all season long. I mean just look at all the losses we have in game where he logs heavy minutes...amazing we have won any games considering he singlehandedly gives up 130 points per minute he is in the game.

Brilliant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um the LA series pretty much began and ended with the Spurs losing the physical battle in the paint.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um the LA series pretty much began and ended with the Spurs losing the physical battle in the paint.
    Yeah, going 0-15 mostly wide open from 3 point range had nothing to do with it.

That's funny...no one else in the NBA seems to share that opinion...including former players and the Spurs themselves. Their top priority this offseason was a shooter...not an interior defender or scorer.
    Last edited by whottt; 12-09-2004 at 01:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont confuse Marcus with that Whottt, get mad.

I agree to a point Whottt, a Barry Ginobili Bowen lineup shouldve been out there.

IMO youve gotta put Barry in the game and match him up against a player matchup up defensively well against.

ALA Steve Kerr,

they would put him on someone that either

A. was too slow to drive to the hole

B. just camped out at the 3 point line.

Put Barry in better situations defensively and Id ont think look that bad.

That, and I think more time is needed for guys to get used to the system.

Everyone needs to settle down ont that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA's perimeter D was quite improved over the 03 series and that had a direct bearing on the quality of looks the Spurs were getting from beyond the arc and it was also the result of having a real power forward instead of the Fresh Prince's cameo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because T Park is on your ignore list.
    How sweet it is. It's like I traded the poor bastard back to that other forum for a handle to be named later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another intelligent post by Mr Knowitall,

bring a take other than your childish Ignore or shut the up.

The Sean Marks Dance Duff McCartney's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's all trash Barry!
    Don't mind if I do......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA's perimeter D was quite improved over the 03 series and that had a direct bearing on the quality of looks the Spurs were getting from beyond the arc and it was also the result of having a real power forward instead of the Fresh Prince's cameo.
    Don't try and give me that horse Marcus, I got the entire ing series on my computer I can sit here and watch Bowen and Hedo brick wide open shot after wide open shot...when Parker and Duncan weren't TOing it from the double teams...What you say is tough interior D I say is LA collapsing on anyone in the paint off of Bowen or Hedo's man...the only guy who was hitting his open shots was Devin...and Horry was not being left open...I can sit here and watch it...I don't have any agenda to diss Hedo and continue doing it after he is gone...And I can also go and find quotes from Phillip saying they didn't leave Horry open if you doubt this.

I hate guys that can't ing hit open shots in case you haven't noticed...I don't say they can't do it because I don't like them...I don't like them because they can't do it. Hedo couldn't...and Bowen couldn't either last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because T Park is on your ignore list.
    Oh damn. I wonder if he's getting a little hot under the collar. Maybe he'll holla?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Barry he is just in a shooting slump.

Odds & Ends
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa Nelly .... Lay off Berry....25% into the season and we are ready to can him ...... I see where this is going ... lets go back to the days of 84 to 74 point games in which we win and call it a night. ANd it's not give it to Timmy P and Watch ... it give it to The Big Fundemental and watch offense which has only happened in 4 ... count it 4 losses this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that a player simply gets a shot off does not mean that he had an open look or even a quality look. The Spurs had much better looks in the 03 series and that was a direct result of LA not being able to control the paint which of course gets back to that Laker power forward position which Malone took care of in that series unlike in 2003 when the Lakers had the weakest frontcourt of the 4 series from the 2001-2004 postseasons whereas the Spurs had their best frontcourt rotation in 2003 with TD/DRob/Rose/Willis. What did the Spurs go with in 2004? TD/Radosoft/Horry while the Lakers had Shaq and Malone controlling the paint and freeing up the LA perimeter players to close out on the Spurs' shooters. Don't wasttte my tttime.
    Last edited by Marcus Bryant; 12-09-2004 at 01:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hedo wasnt open all those times then.

Damn Whottt, we were watching a different series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    !@#$ it.

The !#$@ing Spurs went with safe predictable yet postseason unproven Brent Barry instead of Jack this past summer. As much as people ran about Hedo at least he held out until hitting the skids in the 2nd round of the playoffs, not the 2nd week of November. Also at least Hedo managed to figure out how to play team defense and hey his height wasn't a bad thing and while he couldnt pull off the occassional nifty pass at least he could handle the damn rock enough to start the break off the rebound which is really the primary thing you need anyways.

!@#$ northside.
    Last edited by Marcus Bryant; 12-09-2004 at 01:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    admittedly jackson hit the skids a little earlier than barry this year, and a bit more spectacularly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point taken.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't owe anyone anything. Kerr earned every minute.
    LOL, if it weren't for Tim going to Pop and saying "hey dumbass, give me some help from the three point line, I hear that guy Kerr is pretty good" we woulda lost.

admittedly jackson hit the skids a little earlier than barry this year, and a bit more spectacularly.
    Leave it to Ice to be the voice of reason in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is what Jackson did what youd call a "flame out"??

IMO, he wouldnt have pulled something like that around intelligent nonwhacko people like the Spurs.

But saying we should have Jack this over barry BS, is just pointless.

Hes gone, hes not coming back, stop living in the past, lets better utilize what we have.

Starting with maybe letting Barry run the point if Beno is struggling,

See Detroit, Seattle.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a Jack over Barry thing.

It's a Jack over Barry and Manu thing. No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry Aggie, Me and you agree 1000% on that.

Im happy with the offseason dont get me wrong.

If we couldve gotten Jakc and kept Ginobili in that Utopian world, it wouldve been great.

Financially it wasnt happening no matter how much Peter Holt squeeks.

He did piss me off in the fact, he told me he was coming back that night he was in Houston the lying face.

Thread Information