Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best fight I've seen since Corrales vs. Catillo 1. This is what fighting is all about. Had this fight been in place of Oscar vs. Maywether boxing would have made a huge step up in getting more viewers, despite the fact that these guys are relatively unknow.

If you guys have Showtime and can catch the reply this week you won't be disappointed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cool I will check it out. Hopefully showtime puts it on demand soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't ever remember being this excited mid fight.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Boxing match, not fight...

I'll download it...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I'll download it...
    I am going to buy you showtime for your birthday. Makes me mad that you don't have it. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll download it...
    boxing is what Mayweather does. Getting knocked out is fighting, but just not with the rules you prefer.

Because MMA doesn't allow biting or eye gouging, does that make it any less of a fight?

Rules are what make boxing a sport, and in the mind of many what makes MMA human dog fighting.

You started it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was more of a fight than some of the -erotic wrestling matches I've seen on many a MMA card.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    A fight imo is the use of all limbs for striking. I am a boxing fan but boxing is far too one dimensional. It is what it is but I wouldn't consider it a true fight.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It was more of a fight than some of the -erotic wrestling matches I've seen on many a MMA card.
    Sure.

Not all will be great but they give you enough sample to ensure some are with every single card.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I am going to buy you showtime for your birthday. Makes me mad that you don't have it. lol
    lol...awesome!!

boxing is what Mayweather does. Getting knocked out is fighting, but just not with the rules you prefer.

Because MMA doesn't allow biting or eye gouging, does that make it any less of a fight?

Rules are what make boxing a sport, and in the mind of many what makes MMA human dog fighting.

You started it.

It's sad that there are so many people in the world that can't see the vast differences between MMA and dog fighting...there are stupid people everywhere though...

Boxing is boxing...it's not a fight. MMA did away with all the $hit that would keep it from making it big (even though biting and eye gouging were against the rules even at UFC 1!). Personally, I think the UFC needs soccer kicks and stomps added to the existing rules, but that's just me. I don't think most of America could wrap their brain around those things...

Spoken like:

1. a true MMA-hater...
    2. a -phobe...
    3. someone that is just ignorant on the subject, which is ok...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A fight imo is the use of all limbs for striking. I am a boxing fan but boxing is far too one dimensional. It is what it is but I wouldn't consider it a true fight.
    boxing has been considered fighting since the beginning of time. It's the MMA fans who for some reason want to devalue the sport of boxing to hype up MMA.

Maybe it's just Mavs fans who have a habit of being that way. For example, for years you guys have been the jock sniffers of the Spurs. 4 Championships !

A fight is, a quick dictionary search will find, defined as #4 Boxing! I bet you websters will tell you the same thing.

It's you freakin obtuse MMA guys who do your human dog fighting no justice.

Nothing personal Evan, because I've noticed you try, but I got to call you out on some of these asinine opinions of yours.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Maybe it's just Mavs fans who have a habit of being that way. For example, for years you guys have been the jock sniffers of the Spurs. 4 Championships !.
    I am a mavs fan but I have much respect for the Spurs. No need to bring that into the mix.

Nothing personal Evan, because I've noticed you try, but I got to call you out on some of these asinine opinions of yours.
    lol

Again...I like boxing. It was the first sport I loved. I love both but boxing is not a true fight. I could not care less what webster says. In a true fight, how much boxing skill is used?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boxing is boxing...it's not a fight
    according to who...you? Are you the standard? Your hollow arrogance is so like a Mavs fan. It's why you guys get little to no respect around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're both fights while also being games/matches IMO. Just different rules.

I'll look for the replay. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Again...I like boxing. It was the first sport I loved. I love both but boxing is not a true fight. I could not care less what webster says. In a true fight, how much boxing skill is used?
    typical arrogant mavs fan who thinks his definition of a fight is more significant than what websters or what I bet most sports professionals would tell you.

You guys have been found wanting.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They're both fights while also being games/matches IMO. Just different rules.

I'll look for the replay. Thanks.

Yeah true but a rational discussion doesn't pass time at work.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    typical arrogant mavs fan who thinks his definition of a fight is more significant than what websters or what I bet most sports professionals would tell you.

You guys have been found wanting.

Again, not sure what Mavs have to do with anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you enter the boxing ring for a match, you're in a fight. Don't let love for MMA blind your vision on other sports. They are mutually exclusive from each other.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    according to who...you? Are you the standard? Your hollow arrogance is so like a Mavs fan. It's why you guys get little to no respect around here.

Love it...

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    . i missed this fight to go to a party on saturday. i need to catch it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    . i missed this fight to go to a party on saturday. i need to catch it.
    play in winamp
    http://www.kuld.hu/fajlok/letolt.php...9mbHRlUk9UeTY=

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've got the boxing equivalent to getting cracked in the mouth then faking a laugh down pat.

Don't be a puss and fight back.

atleast tell me how Spurs fan always go back to how the team has 3 championships. Of course it's now 4 championships, but you get the point.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You've got the boxing equivalent to getting cracked in the mouth then faking a laugh down pat.

Don't be a puss and fight back.

atleast tell me how Spurs fan always go back to how the team has 3 championships. Of course it's now 4 championships, but you get the point.
    I'm just happy you had on a huge padded glove when I got cracked in the mouth...it greatly enhances my chance of brain damage...

Let me explain it to you...

I came here because of Spurs fans. They're funny...they care SOOO much...it's life and death for them (the "NO LIMIT" threads and GTG's are proof of that). They're fun to mess with because of that, but the Spurs are the top team in the league so it's not like I'm kicking something that's down. I'd go to a Grizzlies board if I wanted to do that...

Me prodding boxing fans is completely different. Boxing has huge problems and is being surpassed by MMA...a more dynamic, more skilled , more exciting product. The fans are fun to pick at because of their responses. " -erotic such and such" and "human dog fighting"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just happy you had on a huge padded glove when I got cracked in the mouth...it greatly enhances my chance of brain damage...

Let me explain it to you...
    nice

I came here because of Spurs fans. They're funny...they care SOOO much...it's life and death for them (the "NO LIMIT" threads and GTG's are proof of that). They're fun to mess with because of that, but the Spurs are the top team in the league so it's not like I'm kicking something that's down. I'd go to a Grizzlies board if I wanted to do that...
    You came here when Dallas was Tops in the West and the Spurs were suppossedly on the down slide. since you've been here the spurs turned it around and one another stinking le. Don't try to play the innocent role. You came here with the hopes of being able to kick a champion. Very similar with your hopes for boxing.

Me prodding boxing fans is completely different. Boxing has huge problems and is being surpassed by MMA...a more dynamic, more skilled , more exciting product.
    Boxing has problems, but the rest of it is a figment of your imagination. Let's see where MMA is 10 years from now. At this point it can't be considered more than a fad. I can see our politically correct society getting sick of the perceived savagery of the sport. Also, as a fight fan, for every good MMA fight there are about 20 boring as fights.

The fans are fun to pick at because of their responses. " -erotic such and such" and "human dog fighting"...
    only in response to the home-erotic MMA posters on this board. It's obvious all of your post start from your knees.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You came here when Dallas was Tops in the West and the Spurs were suppossedly on the down slide. since you've been here the spurs turned it around and one another stinking le. Don't try to play the innocent role. You came here with the hopes of being able to kick a champion. Very similar with your hopes for boxing.
    In March of 2006 the Mavs were tops in the west? How is that possible when they hadn't beaten the Spurs in the playoffs in years??

Boxing has problems, but the rest of it is a figment of your imagination. Let's see where MMA is 10 years from now. At this point it can't be considered more than a fad. I can see our politically correct society getting sick of the perceived savagery of the sport. Also, as a fight fan, for every good MMA fight there are about 20 boring as fights.
    Maybe our politically correct society will get some common sense and decide that multiple deaths every year in boxing is actually more "savage" than MMA. I'm still trying to figure out why the "sweet science" gets a pass on that...it makes no sense.

You are right though...10-20 yrs from now will tell the story. And IN MY OPINION mma will be huge. There will be a whole new generation of kids doing BJJ, wrestling, muy tai, etc from an early age for years to come...

1 to 20? That's some hater BS right there...unless the boxing ratio is 1:100???

only in response to the home-erotic MMA posters on this board. It's obvious all of your post start from your knees.
    The only -erotic mma poster on this board is Mr Dio (proven with pictures), and he doesn't post here anymore luckily...

Thread Information