Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland was missing Lucious Harris,

is that the reason the Spurs beat Cleveland so easy Chump?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs beat us if Duncan doesn't get Kerr off the bench in that series
    The Mavericks win a game 7 in SBC Center???

Highly unlikely.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick Coleman
    LMFAO. I can't believe after all your "Malone is old and in injured and useless" rants you have the ing gall to call this guy a "key player." You officially have no credibility on this or any other board.
    The Houston game was an offensive meltdown of the highest order.
    Yeah, TMac is our offense. Some smart right there.
    Don't ing tell me that Pop coached teams don't melt in the ing second halves and 4th quarters.
    Don't tell me Brent Barry is the only reason the Spurs win any games.
    4 fourth quarter double digit leads against the Lakers in 02...dozens of them in 03. The Mavs beat us if Duncan doesn't get Kerr off the bench in that series.
    Hey, Kerr got the system -- go figure. Brent Barry is not Kerr, so why act like he is?

You want to trade Barry now, so why are you still arguing this?
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 12-14-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THe fact is both les were the result of getting lucky in that Pop's defensive guys just happened to either be clutch, or get hot...

98-99...Elie was there for his defense, clutch was secondary. JJax was a defensive player that went on the hot streak of his life. And Pop wasn't even the reason we got Elie...AJ was.

02-03...SJax only started because Manu's gambling D pissed Pop off to no end and because Jack was a better defender than Smitty...if Smitty had been a better defender...he would have started ahead of Jack..inspite of Smitty not being able to hit the side of a barn. And SJax was a Duncan reccomended signee anyway.

And Kerr was the biggest fluke of all...IF Duncan hadn't been in a contract year...and hadn't had the leverage to say to Pop, "hey idiot, how abou getting some one that can hit a ing FT into this game before we blow yet another 4th quarter lead" ....we get beat by a team that plays no ing D.

Well Duncan doesn't have that kind of leverage anymore...and if you doubt this look at the final minutes of the Houston game where Pop reams Duncan's ass out on the sideline for the first time I can ever remember.

We better just hope Beno(and the others) stay healthy...IMO he is the most sure handed and efficient passing guard that we have once Barry goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree...we definitely need to trade Barry for defense...I mean , we are only #1 in the NBA in just about every D category, even when Barry was playing 20 mins a game...obviously that is where our room for improvement lies.

Need more D.

I think we might be able to pry Anthony Carter out of the TPups for Barry. And he'll come off the books this summer.

why are you so negative, why are people already talk about trading Barry?
    he just signed this summer dude, give him time.

Thats the problem, we wanna keep people so they can get used to the team that they are on.

Barry will come out of the hole that he's in don't worry.

If you look at all the NBA franchises that have been struggling for a while, they are signing, releasing, dropping, trading players all the freakin time, they never get accustomed to the team that they are on. Thats not the way to do it.

For example, the Sixers have a different starting line up combination every game.
    Last season( and this is a true fact), the Sixers had around 20 different combinations of starters, they never established an official starting line up.

You get the point?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs blow a 25 point lead in SBC Center???

Highly unlikely.

FTFY

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason we need to trade Barry is because the Spurs 4th quarter philosophy is not to out score the opposition, it is to make the opposition score less than we do. To do that you need defensive MoFo's at every position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO. I can't believe after all your "Malone is old and in jured and useless" rants you have the ing gall to call this guy a "key player."
    Hey dumbass...Malone is old and inured...the sonofa hasn't a played a game yet this season...why not?

Yeah, TMac is our offense. Some smart right there.
    TMac wasn't the cause of 2 turnovers in the final 48 seconds. It was impossible for the Rockets to win that game without our help.

Don't tell me Brent Barry is the only reason the Spurs win any games.Hey, Kerr got the system -- go figure. Brent Barry is not Kerr, so why act like he is?
    I am not saying Brent Barry is the only reason Spurs win games...I'm saying he's the main reason our offense was so polished looking throughout the game, and so ahead of schedule up until the Detroit game.

And I wish you'd stop making the assinine statements that Barry will hopefully get our D as well as guys like Smitty and Kerr...

Dumbass..they hardly played if there was any alternative...

You want to trade Barry now, so why are you still arguing this?
    I want to trade Barry because Pop is too much of a singleminded dumbass to utilize him...and I don't like seeing guys get screwed...I don't like it because it's wrong..and I don't like because I think it's going be a detriment in the future as far as getting guys to take less to come here.

I know, I know, you're are one of the idiots that think players don't care if they go 3 months without getting any playing time...and if they do care they are pussies...

Just save it...if I want to hear your thoughts on the subject...I'll ask Pop cut a fart...itll sounds more intelligent that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    04-05...Brown only made the rotation because Brown was a better defender than Barry...if Barry had been a better defender...he would have played ahead of Brown..inspite of Barry not being able to hit the side of a barn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason we need to trade Barry is because the Spurs 4th quarter philosophy is not to out score the opposition, it is to make the opposition score less than we do. To do that you need defensive MoFo's at every position.
    don't we already have that???

Rasho, Duncan, Bowen, Manu, TP... simple as that???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    04-05...Brown only made the rotation because Brown was a better defender than Barry...if Barry had been a better defender...he would have played ahead of Brown..inspite of Barry not being able to hit the side of a barn.
    Copycat.

And by the way...that should read...the only reason Bowen started ahead of Brown was because he was a better defender. And Devin's not a ball hanlder like Barry is anyay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Copycat.

And by the way...that should read...the only reason Bowen started ahead of Brown was because he was a better defender. And Devin's not a ball hanlder like Barry is anyay.

Devin can shoot though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey dumbass...Malone is old and inured...the sonofa hasn't a played a game yet this season...why not?
    You just called Derrick Coleman a KEY PLAYER for the Pistons. Go back and bask in the stupidity of that one.
    I am not saying Brent Barry is the only reason Spurs win games...I'm saying he's the main reason our offense was so polished looking throughout the game, and so ahead of schedule up until the Detroit game.
    We looked better than we were because we played injured teams. Playing good defensive teams with their stars made the Spurs look more like what they really are. Sorry, not every team can be injured to preserve your 70-win predictions.
    I don't like seeing guys get screwed.
    He plays something resembling D, he's back in. Too bad you have no faith in his ability to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Devin's not a ball hanlder like Barry is anyay.
    Or AJ. If all you wanted was a ballhandler....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin can shoot though
    But Barry has the rep. In hootie's world that counts for more than anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    proceed the fight.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just who in the in particular would we trade him for? And right now I have to wonder who in the world would really take him. It's kind of a catch 22. We need him to play better if we can realistically expect to get a good offer, but if he was playing better we wouldn't feel the need to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, it's just another rehash.

Devin's playing better, so Devin gets the minutes.

Barry will get better, but if he doesn't -- Devin needs all the minutes he can get to develop into the kind of consistent player we all thought Barry was going to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just called Derrick Coleman a KEY PLAYER for the Pistons.
    He is a key player once McDyess goes down and Wallace is coming back from 5 games off. On Detroit the whole is greater than the parts.

We looked better than we were because we played injured teams.
    Nope, our offense has looked ty against teams with injured players since Pop's stupidity took over.

You haven't got a fact to ing stand on so either back it up or STFU.

Playing good defensive teams with their stars made the Spurs look more like what they really are. Sorry, not every team can be injured to preserve your 70-win predictions.
    Funny those teams are getting their asses kicked by everyone else...including the Mavs.

He plays something resembling D, he's back in.
    Too bad you have no faith in his ability to do so.
    Yeah but your own words..he's back in as much as Smitty and Kerr were when the Spurs had aternatives...you're an idiot. And your stupidity would hurt the franchise in the long run.

Don't try and cram square pegs into round holes...Pop's a single minded asshole who doesn't care about offense...Barry is an offensive player, not Bowen light.

Trade him for someone Pop will play, trade him for someone that isn't so expansive to be the 11th man if nothing else, trade him to still get value for him......trade him so other FA's don't get scared away from taking less to come here...including our own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing good defensive teams with their stars made the Spurs look more like what they really are.
    Honestly, I think the Spurs struggle vs good OFFENSIVE teams who hit threes, hit the boards, and simply play loose.

Defensive teams I think the Spurs can handle when it comes down to it.

Its those teams that just run pick and rolls all day, hit threes, and have a few guys who get off rebounds and tipbacks. Those threes always seem to drop for the opposition when the Spurs are in a funk themselves on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whottt -- are you sure you aren't Kevin O'Keeffe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a key player
    YOU SAID IT AGAIN!!!!! LMFAO!!!!
    Nope, our offense has looked ty against teams with injured players since Pop's stupidity took over.
    Jim Jackson and Derrick Coleman are ALL-STARS, FRANCHISE PLAYERS I TELL YOU!!!!
    You haven't got a fact to ing stand on so either back it up or STFU.
    Look at all the ing boxscores -- I think it's safer to say most of those teams were missing alot more than the likes of DERRICK ING COLEMAN!!!!!!
    Yeah but your own words..he's back in as much as Smitty and Kerr were when the Spurs had aternatives.
    Wait -- you WANTED to play Smitty over Jack? ANOTHER ING GEM!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs!
    And your stupidity would hurt the franchise in the long run.
    Your dream of a Kerr/Barry/Heal backcourt rotation wouldn't get much done either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or AJ. If all you wanted was a ballhandler....

That's right...even in his struggling form about like what AJ gave us in his prime...No D and No J, fascillitate the offense.

The difference is...Barry wouldn't be the best PG on our team, you wouldn't hear me saying Barry saved Duncan's career, lead us to a le, and should have his jersey retired. And I'd probably be more forgiving if Barry talked after leaving as well...seeing as how he wasn't called Mr.Spur and didn't owe his career to this franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the fight continues...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you wouldn't hear me saying Barry saved Duncan's career, lead us to a le, and should have his jersey retired.
    No, you'll just say he's the only reason the Spurs ever won anything this season.

Thread Information