Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YOU SAID IT AGAIN!!!!! LMFAO!!!!Jim Jackson and Derrick Coleman are ALL-STARS, FRANCHISE PLAYERS I TELL YOU!!!!Look at all the ing boxscores -- I think it's safer to say most of those teams were missing alot more than the likes of DERRICK ING COLEMAN!!!!!!
    And McDyess.

Wait -- you WANTED to play Smitty over Jack?
    Show me where I said that or shut the up.

Weak ass can't use my own words so you make up your own. you.

ANOTHER ING GEM!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs!Your dream of a Kerr/Barry/Heal backcourt rotation wouldn't get much done either.
    Yawn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whottt -- are you sure you aren't Kevin O'Keeffe?

Congrats...you are the first on my ignore list...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And McDyess.
    He played 24 minutes. We missed out on a whole 3 ing minutes of Dice. Keep fishing. Besides YOU SAID DERRICK COLEMAN IS A KEY PLAYER FOR THE PISTONS!!!!!
    Show me where I said that or shut the up.
    Scroll up. Either you want it to happen all the time or you don't. Oh, that's right -- you have to have it both ways every time.

If you want to play up the analogies, it's just as conceivable that Barry=Smitty, Devin=Jack and Beno=Kerr. Who knows? If Beno can play both sides of the ball in his first year given his obvious shortcomings, why the can't Barry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That hole is getting pretty deep....

STOP DIGGING

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 24 minutes. We missed out on a whole 3 ing minutes of Dice.
    Be glad...we only won that game by 3 points...and probably would have lost it if nor for Barry's clutch FT's.

Keep fishing. Besides YOU SAID DERRICK COLEMAN IS A KEY PLAYER FOR THE PISTONS!!!!!
    I said he's a key player when McDyess is injured and Ben Wallace is returning from a 5 game layoffs. How hard is this to figure out? Romain Sato becomes a key player for us if enough people get injured.

Scroll up. Either you want it to happen all the time or you don't. Oh, that's right -- you have to have it both ways every time.
    I don't have to scroll up...You asked me if I wanted to play Smitty over Jax...and I want you to show me where I said that .

If you want to play up the analogies, it's just as conceivable that Barry=Smitty, Devin=Jack and Beno=Kerr.
    In that case then why are you arguing with me about trading him? Sounds like you are the one who wants Smitty.

Who knows? If Beno can play both sides of the ball in his first year given his obvious shortcomings, why the can't Barry?
    I don't know, why couldn't AJ shoot threes...

You miss the entire point yet again...it's not that Brent Barry won't learn to play D...it's that he's not ever going to be better than Devin...and my problem with this is not that Devin gets more minutes...indeed I think Devin should start...it's Pop isn't going to use him except sparingly...I don't mean a reduction in minutes...I mean total garbage minutes or deep ice on the bench...he's going to use him like he used Kerr for the better part of 4 years.

Why do that do the guy?

Guy was classy, he took less to come here...

and you bunch of assholes want to him for it. I'm not the ahole here...ya'll are. You don't seem to realize that this is San Antonio, you seem to have forgotten that two years ago we couldn't buy an outside FA of note...You can't just screw guys over...on top of that he's too expensive for that role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure this is pure speculation on the part of Chad Ford. Everyone knows that Brent Barry is going to be a key player for the Spurs this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure this is pure speculation on the part of Chad Ford. Everyone knows that Brent Barry is going to be a key player for the Spurs this season.
    thank you

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no I did not think our O looked shaky until the Detroit game when Pop refused to play Beno or Barry hardly at all...it's a clear pattern that is what he is going to do in big games this season...even if it's the second night of a back to back.

Barry is an awesome transition player, he is an awesome offensive player efficiency wise..even if his shot does not fall...there's a reason we rolled over teams, non stop so early in the season and IMO Barry was the biggest reason why.

But Pop doesn't care about that.
    Damn, whott is tearing this topic up, I'll just sit back and watch.

If we trade Barry I hope it's to someone in the West. That way I can laugh my ass off at Pop's "all defense, all the time" mind when it blows up in his face yet again while Barry goes postal on us and lends a leading hand in sending us home earlier.

We go lose a game, have the collapse against Detroit, and Pop stubbornly looks past his vanilla, motion is the plague of humanity inspired offense and thinks it's about the defense.

in' A....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anyone take anything Chad Ford says seriously after his daily "LeBron sucks and Darko's the next Bird" articles a couple of years ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind whottt, he's just in love with all things white: Barry, Kerr, Heal, wrestling, Dubya, and The Coyote (you know his ass don't live on Eastside. Oh wait, according to his biography The Coyote lives "in a lavish den outside Loop 1604"). I rest my case.

Orlando Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definatly can see the Spurs taking a look at what teams are offering if in deed teams are interested in Barry. Who knows, the front office might bite on some deal that's been offered. I'm not off the Barry bandwagon and I still think that he's going to be an important player down the stretch for us, it's nothing wrong with listening for something R.C. and Pop might like.

I also read in some local newspaper (not from S.A.) that the Spurs sent Lance Blanks to scout a Bulls game. I don't know if it's anything credable, but one might think it's concerning Rasho and possibly some of the Bulls big man (Curry or Chandler).

Probably nothing but this time is always interesting because trade rumors are flying around the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blanks might have scouted them before the Spurs played them the other week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, whott is tearing this topic up, I'll just sit back and watch.

If we trade Barry I hope it's to someone in the West. That way I can laugh my ass off at Pop's "all defense, all the time" mind when it blows up in his face yet again while Barry goes postal on us and lends a leading hand in sending us home earlier.

We go lose a game, have the collapse against Detroit, and Pop stubbornly looks past his vanilla, motion is the plague of humanity inspired offense and thinks it's about the defense.

in' A....

Wha? The Spurs were running motion in that game when Detroit made their run.

What the is wrong with emphasizing defense and offensive execution, especially when you are sitting on a lead? The Spurs have lost their leads in no small part to running that ever impressive motion offense.

I don't see how anyone could have watched the Spurs up to this point in the season and believe they are running strictly an inside outside halfcourt offense. WTF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one said it was strictly inside-outside, just that every time Pop's nuts shrink he goes back to his four down security blanket. Manu's not even getting the touches in the offense he used to in the big games.

P Double J R
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick Coleman was injured, Mcdyess went down in that game, and Wallace was returning from a 5 game layoff...it's not like Detroit hasn't been getting it's ass kicked since...

and it's not like Houston hasn't either...

The Houston game was an offensive meltdown of the highest order...

Don't ing tell me that Pop coached teams don't melt in the ing second halves and 4th quarters...

Watch a ing playoff game sometime.

4 fourth quarter double digit leads against the Lakers in 02...dozens of them in 03. The Mavs beat us if Duncan doesn't get Kerr off the bench in that series.
    I thought it was the Creme Bruele or whatever that got Kerr off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Smith, G, Bobcats
    The Bobcats signed Smith to be a mentor to one of the youngest teams in the league. But that isn't the whole story. Last summer, most GMs were convinced Smith was teetering on retirment. With sore knees and plenty of wear and tear, it wasn't like GMs were beating down his door. Smith claims he chose the Bobcats, but the truth is the Bobcats also chose him.

Smith has been great in Charlotte, averaging a surprising 22 mpg, and shooting a sizzling 44 percent from the 3-point arc. You think a team with championship aspirations – a team like the Heat, Pistons or even the Nuggets – wouldn't like some of that? GM and head coach Bernie Bickerstaff claims he'll let Smith go if that's what the veteran wants to do. It should be a tough choice for Smith. He can play big minutes on a bad team, or play a smaller role on a good one. If a team offers the right deal, Bickerstaff, who is building for the future, might have no choice but to say yes.

ok this may be a bad idea but the guy is shooting lights out this season. steve smith'd d sucks but he can atleast be a good mentor and help players with their outside shooting and free throws. if smith is only signed thru this year would the bobcats take a pick and barry for him. then the spurs would have cap relief if they let smith out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks are you sparking up the lettuce again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey atleast he can play a steve kerr role

barry can not do that yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bernie were smart he'd go offer Smitty to the Pistons for Darko. Worth the gamble for Charlotte, and it's not like Larry's gonna play Milicic anytime soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That hole is getting pretty deep....

STOP DIGGING

I hope you aren't referring to me? Bwhahaha!

This is light compared to last season when the entire board piled on for me wanting to keep your boy Shane Heal over Anthony Carter...as you can see...they still dwell on that heavily. Where were you then?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind whottt, he's just in love with all things white: Barry, Kerr, Heal, wrestling, Dubya, and The Coyote (you know his ass don't live on Eastside. Oh wait, according to his biography The Coyote lives "in a lavish den outside Loop 1604"). I rest my case.

Dumb...how conveniently you forget that I raised about us not resigning Jax last season...and also this season(until it was pointed out to me that Jack made it impossible for us to keep him).

And I also do a similar defense of Horry...so don't pull the race card, it's cheap and weak...even by your standards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ok this may be a bad idea but the guy is shooting lights out this season. steve smith'd d sucks but he can atleast be a good mentor and help players with their outside shooting and free throws. if smith is only signed thru this year would the bobcats take a pick and barry for him. then the spurs would have cap relief if they let smith out.

Good lord...get of the quack ducks...now. Steve Smith? Steve Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH is wrong with you ducks? What happened to ducks the genius?

Steve Smith? Steve bloody Smith? Smitty? Stevie the Brick? How can anyone say they want Smitty back.

Play the Steve Kerr role? He couldn't 2 years ago...or 3, what makes you think anything has changed?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some +/- stats are interesting Spurs are +4.0 when Barry's on the court -- but +16.0 when he isn't. That net differential of -12.0 is only above Wilks and Massenburg. Horry is the only bench player with a net positive. To be sure, there are floor combinations including Barry that are great -- but we aren't at the point in the season where those kinds of choices are set in stone. Let us now begin anew the firestorm, this time with stats. IMO, this is much ado about nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Trade Barry for who?" is the real question. I can think of plenty of teams that might want to take the chance on a slumping barry being their missing piece, but what is out there that the Spurs need? A quality center would be great, but who has one of those that they'd be willing to ship out for Brent Barry? I bet the Spurs are wishing they'd gone after Mehmet Okhur in the offseason.
    For who? How about Steve Smith--now averaging 22ppg and 44% on threes.

Just kidding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some +/- stats are interesting Spurs are +4.0 when Barry's on the court -- but +16.0 when he isn't. That net differential of -12.0 is only above Wilks and Massenburg. Horry is the only bench player with a net positive. To be sure, there are floor combinations including Barry that are great -- but we aren't at the point in the season where those kinds of choices are set in stone. Let us now begin anew the firestorm, this time with stats. IMO, this is much ado about nothing.
    What's Devin's on court +/-? And Malik's?

Thread Information