Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An enormously amount lower -- it's phenomenal, leaving no doubt as to whom should be the first man off the bench. The main thing you get from comparing bench +/- is that we really rely on our starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key Player Derrick Coleman is -18.5

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An enormously amount lower -- it's phenomenal, leaving no doubt as to whom should be the first man off the bench. The main thing you get from comparing bench +/- is that we really rely on our starters.
    Would you mind posting the stats? I am very curious as to why you won't. And what do you mean it's phenomenal as to whom should be the first man off the bench? Not that I am arguing who should be the first...only that all the guys who have some to offer should get time...

this means Devin, Barry, Beno, Malik and Horry.

I'm pretty surprised Barry has any form of positive +/- IMO given the way he has been used...and his shooting slump. I guess he had a big +/- before he started struggling and being used poorly.

So just who were you talking about earlier? I'd say Devin probably should be the first man off the bench, in fact I think he should be starting for the 30th time..but that doesn't mean I think Barry should be getting 9 minutes per game in big games...I think he has a lot to do that can help our offensive stagnation...I think what he can do on offense far outweighs his defensive liabilities...and we could always plays a little zone.

I'm sorry but when you got Parker, Manu, Barry, Horry and Duncan out on the floor you have what is IMO the smartest and most versatile line up in the NBA. And it is foolish to never use it.

As for stats,

I already posted team w-l, ppg and point differential and they were all incrementally higher with Barry and even Beno getting over 10 and 20 minutes per game...It took me quite a bit of time to do it and since you totally ignored those stats at the time I posted them, I am not about to do it again.

+/- is a flukey stat but IMO, off court is even flukier than on court...I mean the best way to judge the way a player impacts the game is by what he does on it.

As for Horry...not surprised, Horry is a guy I have been defending on these boards as well...He is one of the smartest, if not energetic, players in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing how quickly you disappeared when you were asked to post the stats of those bench players with better +/- than Barry. I hope you haven't injured yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, whottt. You done got beat by a girl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and Chump have a funny view of victory...I've never considered having someone's foot up my ass as something that should be striven for...then again that's me.., you OTOH, spend half your time running around the forum in nicks, and Chump doesn't know if he's a guy or a girl...so I can see how you guys could have a warped sense of victory. Takes all kinds I guess.

Meanwhile...Chump got run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it interesting that you accuse some of my ghost handles of being while you manage to advance some of the est arguments ever seen in a bball forum. In the case of Shane Heal that literally was , but I digress.

The fact you are ChumpHumper's property is beyond dispute. Those whip marks must hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it interesting that you accuse some of my ghost handles of being while you manage to advance some of the est arguments ever seen in a bball forum. In the case of Shane Heal that literally was , but I digress.

The fact you are ChumpHumper's property is beyond dispute. Those whip marks must hurt.

Yeah and it was another whottt hater that had to have been entering some questionable search words to find the site you are referring too...

4 Words give me unquestionable and eternal scoreboard on the both of you...

Jason Kidd...Hedo Turkoglu

LOL!

BTW, Chump knows not to post those stats because he will prove himself to be full of crap when he does. He was very selective in the stats he mentioned and his inability to have a objective opinion when engaged in an argument with myself will be proven for all to see.

Kinda like you go around the forum ripping on Ghost over what you percieve to be a lack of anger at the loss of Jax...

When everyone with one memory cell knows that Ghost, misguided as he can be sometimes, was pissed when we lost Jack and was always one of his biggest supporters.

Chump, like you, simply can't admit when he is wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and it was another whottt hater that had to have been entering some questionable search words to find the site you are referring too...
    Yeah, "shane heal."

4 Words give me unquestionable and eternal scoreboard on the both of you...

Jason Kidd...Hedo Turkoglu

LOL!
    So a perennial all-star and all-nba team member gives you "scoreboard" while you jocked Shane Heal as the second coming for a year?

Um ok.

As for Hedo, up until the LA series he performed well and he certainly grasped how to play defense in San Antonio, unlike your current Anglo-Saxon heartthrob Brent Barry.

Before I forget Horry flamed out for the Spurs in that LA series as well. So I guess I have "scoreboard" again on your lame ass.

BTW, Chump knows not to post those stats because he will prove himself to be full of crap when he does. He was very selective in the stats he mentioned and his inability to have a objective opinion when engaged in an argument with myself will be proven for all to see.

Kinda like you go around the forum ripping on Ghost over what you percieve to be a lack of anger at the loss of Jax...
    Nah, I just rip Ghost for being Ghost at this point. I learned long ago not to take his arguments seriously. You're in that category now.

When everyone with one memory cell knows that Ghost, misguided as he can be sometimes, was pissed when we lost Jack and was always one of his biggest supporters.

Chump, like you, simply can't admit when he is wrong.

Admit I am wrong about what? That Shane Heal was not a legit NBA player? That DRob > The Coyote? That pro wrestling is something people with pubic hair should not watch? You talk a lot of for being such a moron that you manage to make Ghost seem somewhat respectable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, Chump knows not to post those stats because he will prove himself to be full of crap when he does.
    Hey, the stats are there -- you post them. His +/- when playing is a couple of tenths higher than Rose or Brown's but the Spurs +/- when Barry's not on the floor is much much higher. The difference between the two is more than that of any other Spur save garbagemen TMass and Wilks.

I was surprised that Horry had the best +/- and +/- differential of the bench players, but I guess the staff knows when to play him now.

I wish they had monthly splits for those stats -- it .

My question is did we not expect better from Barry?

And I went to a movie last night. Sue me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You yourself admitted Heal and Carter both sucked...since I wanted Heal over Carter...at worst it's a draw with those that mocked me.

So a perennial all-star and all-nba team member gives you "scoreboard" while you jocked Shane Heal as the second coming for a year?
    The perennial all-star was an overpriced, old and illfitting piece, who if nothing else proved he was a loser when he did not come here...and you think that guy is gonna get us to a le? Not to mention we won a le that year. Something you didn't seem to think was going to happen. That's fact.

As for Heal...I never said he was the second coming. That's fiction.

As for Hedo, up until the LA series he performed well and he certainly grasped how to play defense in San Antonio, unlike your current Anglo-Saxon heartthrob Brent Barry.

Before I forget Horry flamed out for the Spurs in that LA series as well. So I guess I have "scoreboard" again on your lame ass.
    So let me get this straight...you make an excuse over Hedo and claim board on Horry for the same LA series? All in the span of two sentences? Amazing. And I don't really remember you having much of an opionion on Horry anyway.

But what gives me board is Chump leaning towards Hedo over Manu.

Nah, I just rip Ghost for being Ghost at this point. I learned long ago not to take his arguments seriously. You're in that category now.
    Sometimes he does have valid points, like we all do...true, sometimes he is just ing senselessly...but he gets a lot of his words twisted into something different by the board es such as yourself and chump.

Just don't go talking about TPark when you do the same thing he does...

Admit I am wrong about what? That Shane Heal was not a legit NBA player? That DRob > The Coyote? That pro wrestling is something people with pubic hair should not watch? You talk a lot of for being such a moron that you manage to make Ghost seem somewhat respectable.
    Yawn. 100% fiction on all levels...full of sound and fury, signifying !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You yourself admitted Heal and Carter both sucked...since I wanted Heal over Carter...at worst it's a draw with those that mocked me.
    It's the fact that you obsessed over a ty player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The perennial all-star was an overpriced, old and illfitting piece, who if nothing else proved he was a loser when he did not come here...and you think that guy is gonna get us to a le? Not to mention we won a le that year. Something you didn't seem to think was going to happen. That's fact.
    Yeah, then DRob retired and was replaced by a Slovene. Rose was replaced by a small forward.

As for Heal...I never said he was the second coming. That's fiction.
    Then why the ing obsession?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don't go talking about TPark when you do the same thing he does...
    Ok, whats that mean lol.

Not mad, just dont know what it means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight...you make an excuse over Hedo and claim board on Horry for the same LA series? All in the span of two sentences? Amazing. And I don't really remember you having much of an opionion on Horry anyway.

But what gives me board is Chump leaning towards Hedo over Manu.
    No dumbass, the point is that any knock on Hedo stems from his performance in the LA series. Figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. 100% fiction on all levels
    Yeah, what you argue about pretty much is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, the stats are there -- you post them. His +/- when playing is a couple of tenths higher than Rose or Brown's
    Thank you. Now add that factor to the stats I posted earlier about what happens when Barry plays more than 10 or 20 minutes in a game. Then you can just look at his assist to to rate and low to rate...and it's not hard to conclude we are a very smart offensive team when Barry has the ball in his hands. Yes his shooting sucks right now...but your inability to admit other things he does...all it does is prove you to have a limited perception of the game.

but the Spurs +/- when Barry's not on the floor is much much higher. The difference between the two is more than that of any other Spur save garbagemen TMass and Wilks.
    Just imagine if Barry's shot was falling.

I was surprised that Horry had the best +/- and +/- differential of the bench players, but I guess the staff knows when to play him now.
    I'm not, because even if he doesn't put up stats(something he doesn't try to do in blowouts, of which there were many early in the season)..he's still one of the smartest players in the NBA.

My question is did we not expect better from Barry?

And I went to a movie last night. Sue me.
    We expected more from Barry and I feel that early in the regular season is not the time to make a full judgement...at the same time I don't understand why we expected him to be a great defensive player...guys with his type of game are always a pain the butt on D...he just lacks the defensive mindset...

It's like trying to make Nowitzki into a defensive player...it's just not there...But that doesn't mean he can't play a role on this team and that his defficiencies can't be masked while still getting the benefit of his O...we did it for the first 18 games of the season...you tell me what the problem was?

We were still #1 in the NBA in defense and FG%...I mean we played injured teams, we beat them, we were #1 in D...we could not go any higher than that.

You can say we met injured teams...and maybe you have a point...but the offensive stagnation started at the time we reduced Barry's minutes..it's been occuring in those games with the exception of the Cleveland game(and Cleveland played no D so don't go there)...so I do have a point, whether you want to admit it or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just imagine if Barry's shot was falling.
    Everyone does. Why can't he make open shots?

If you're worried about stagnation, I'd rather get Beno out there. He actually does make shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno to me, who is a rookie and new to American basketball, doesnt look shook like Barry does when he goes out there.

It SHOULD be the other freakin way around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, whats that mean lol.

Not mad, just dont know what it means.

Shane Heal > ______

Coyote>_______

That's what I mean.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno to me, who is a rookie and new to American basketball, doesnt look shook like Barry does when he goes out there.

It SHOULD be the other freakin way around.
    It looks that way now...give it a month and let's see what happens...Beno wasn't supposed to be this good of a shooter..I don't see him continuing to hit at 47% from three for the season anymore than I expect to see Barry continuing to hit at 20%.

Let's see what happens...and try not to screw Barry up or stop using him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, let's see what happens....maybe Barry will take a jumper tonight.

Thread Information