Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Name you'd love to touch maxpower's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot.

Parker has had games with 18%, 20%, 14%, 0.00%, and 22% shooting.

You are grasping at straws, quit while you are behind man, for God's sake.
    i'm talking about the stats and claim you made originally.
    seriously....reading comprehension.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point?

Your guy, his team, San Antonio.

He missed when THIS game counted.

Oh??? And the Memphis loss and the Rockets loss did not matter???

Dude, seriously, you need a vacation.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your point?
    Dude dribbled for 10 of the last 11 seconds.

TMac would've scored 9 points in that time.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must say, the tactics by the Spurs' coaching staff at end of game were solid and right on. Coach Mike Bud confirmed after the game that coming out of the huddle, the Spurs wanted to defend the perimeter and three point shot and allow penetration and 2 point looks. Even a not-warmed-up Wilks is a quicker defender than Beno, no question, and as Chump astutely pointed out - he knows Francis.

Francis played right into the Spurs' hands on that one and was just sooooooo
    Stevie Franchise on that last play. A better guy could not have had the ball, from the Spurs' perspective.

Good Tactics. Good Talk.

Solid, yes the perfect gut did have the ball, it is well know that Steve is a great passer and had a teammates been open, Steve would have hit him on the numbers with the pass and we might have had OT. 9 assists for Francis is not an aberration, he can pass the ball, you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh??? And the Memphis loss and the Rockets loss did not matter???

Dude, seriously, you need a vacation.
    When did Franchise get traded in those games?

Did you read where I said the games didn't matter? I know I didn't say that because I was there when I typed it.

Why don't you just stop being bitter that the guy you nut your shorts over day-in and day-out failed at beating the Spurs?

That's all I was saying. What happened when Franchise tried to beat the Spurs. He failed.

So why don't you go change your shorts and go do a root canal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he can pass the ball, you know.
    He can pass, but he has a nasty habit of not passing when games get tight. The Spurs won because they got their ball movement back at the same time the Magic regressed to one-on-one ball.

Francis still has a way to go.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude dribbled for 10 of the last 11 seconds.

TMac would've scored 9 points in that time.

The play was for dribble penetration and a kickout, you have to dribble to make that play you lesbian idiot.

Yeah TMac really had a nice season last year with the last place Magic and he is really playing well in Houston with the Rockets who have lost 5 of last 6 at home prior to last nights game against the lowly Hawks.

Last year, the Rockets cane within a shot or two of beating LA in rd one of the playoffs and this year, they are lottery bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah TMac really had a nice season last year with the last place Magic and he is really playing well in Houston with the Rockets who have lost 5 of last 6 at home prior to last nights game against the lowly Hawkes.
    I'm not talking about ty teams.

I'm talking about clutch play.

Francis is a bit less than steady at these times and you know it.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did Franchise get traded in those games?

Did you read where I said the games didn't matter? I know I didn't say that because I was there when I typed it.

Why don't you just stop being bitter that the guy you nut your shorts over day-in and day-out failed at beating the Spurs?

That's all I was saying. What happened when Franchise tried to beat the Spurs. He failed.

So why don't you go change your shorts and go do a root canal.
    Johnny Blaze, I do not need to change my shorts because just because I am loyal to my school's former players, against a bunch of idiots that know nothing about bball does not mean that I am in love with the man. I, unlike you and a loyal person who stays loyal to his teams and its players.

Ask any coach or player in the league and ask them if Francis is a great NBA player, and they will all say what I am saying.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can pass, but he has a nasty habit of not passing when games get tight. The Spurs won because they got their ball movement back at the same time the Magic regressed to one-on-one ball.

Francis still has a way to go.

Chump, it is not one on one when the play calls for dribble penetration and a pass out to the arc. That is called good team play, because you are blessed by having a player who has the God given talent to do that and has done so a million times in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Francis is a load that should have been swallowed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Francis sux nuts!!

I take Parker over Francis anyday!
    That's the dumbest thing I've read on these forums yet.

I hate fans that are blind to the obvious, Francis is a much better player than Parker is or ever will be....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny Blaze, I do not need to change my shorts because just because I am loyal to my school's former players, against a bunch of idiots that know nothing about bball does not mean that I am in love with the man. I, unlike you and a loyal person who stays loyal to his teams and its players.

Ask any coach or player in the league and ask them if Francis is a great NBA player, and they will all say what I am saying.
    Unlike me?

Just because I don't nut my shorts to Jeff Foster doesn't mean I don't follow him.

I never said you had man-love for him and if you want to support him because he's a Terp, fine.

You are just too damn sensitive to people bashing Franchise. God, had he made the shot - you'd be in here so fast ready to throw it in everybody's faces that he made the shot and led his team to victory, so don't come in here whining when we come in here talking smack about how the shot didn't even hit rim.

It's like you have a ing heart attack when any negative language is even in the same thread as Franchise.
    Last edited by Johnny_Blaze_47; 12-16-2004 at 12:59 PM.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I wanted him to miss the shot. I am much more loyal to SA than to any ex player of me team. Duh!

But for any moron to say he is a lousy player because he missed the shot is just total lunacy, and that person needs to just learn bball. Every great player misses shots, they all up, they are human and at any given time, they can lose a game for your team. But the great ones transcend to another level and more times than not come up big for their team more times than not. His skills are only surpassed by a handful of guards in the league.....that is the truth

And if nobody knew that Francis was a fav player of mine, nobody would be just chomping at the bit to notice every little mistake that he makes, that is why I get defensive. It is the same with Hedo, everyone has to point out to Taruky all the misses he makes and all the poor plays he makes.

These two are not the only players that miss shots, but you would think they were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These two are not the only players that miss shots, but you would think they were.
    Yes, because as everybody knows, shooting percentages are at an all-time high of 99%.

Jim, what do you expect? Franchise and Tacoglu play for an opposing team. If anything, THIS IS THE FORUM in which people call out everybody regardless of uniform.

, Walton probably had to sit in front of his computer for 20 minutes just to type that Malik was having a good game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Francis is a much better player than Parker is or ever will be....
    how many playoff wins does Francis have??

nice talk.

Salute

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TPark, with that logic, Bill Wennington > Patrick Ewing and Zo Mourning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ruh-Roh. Looks like the old Parker v. Franchise thing is back out of the bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TPark, with that logic, Bill Wennington > Patrick Ewing and Zo Mourning

I agree.

Darko > Franchise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billups > Franchise.

Get off Franchise's nuts already holy christ.

Before you know it Jim is gonna tell us

Wilcox > Duncan

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billups > Franchise.

Get off Franchise's nuts already holy christ.

Before you know it Jim is gonna tell us

Wilcox > Duncan

TD is ACC player, therefore, that overrides any Terp is better opinions. All ACC players > than non ACC players, but not all Maryland players are > than ACC superstars.

But Maryland superstars > better than other ACC superstars.

ie.

Lucas > Marbury

Buck Williams > Grant Hill

Len Bias > MJ

Elmore > Elton Brand

Francis > Kenny Smith

Walt Williams > Jerry Stackhouse

Got that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your a complete and utter stooge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes I just cannot believe it... you have to take a 3pter...

Francis, you have been playing professional basketball for how many years?

Sorry, but the guy is brain dead.
    I live in Houston and have watched Francis for years as well as heard the sportswriters and fans. Over the years a general consensus was reached:
    Francis has great physical talents--but he never had the ability or the desire or native BB IQ to develop into a smart PG. And he didn't seem suited for the SG position because of his height although he can put up good numbers when he's driving well. (Note to TP --don't let this happen to you)

He got himself into the same type of dumb situations regularly in Houston, either by holding and dribbling until the shot clock was gone or simply making dumb plays. You think it was an accident that Houston gave up on him and shipped him out?

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great talent, even great heart (eg, his rebounding), but one stupid-ass basketballer.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We just played the 3-point line and told them if anybody drives, let them drive," Popovich said, "but let's get up in them and make everybody a driver and everybody else stay with your guy."

Wilks didn't expect to get the call during the timeout Orlando had called to set up a play for a potential game-tying shot.

"I was a little surprised, but I've been thrown in those situations a time or two before," he said. "That's the NBA. You have to be ready at all times. I'm just thankful it worked out."

For his part, Francis insisted he was thinking drive-and-kick but discovered there was no teammate available for a pass.

"I came in there to see if there was someone open, and I couldn't find anybody," Francis said. "I couldn't believe it."

Wilks' ability to scramble back on Francis before he could get off an open 3-pointer made the defensive stratagem work.

"Mike Wilks did really well," Popovich said, "because when Stevie drove a lot of guys might have relaxed, and then Stevie could have gotten back out to the 3-point line for an open shot. But he stayed right on him, kept a hand up, didn't foul him and did a great job."

Wilks held his composre and it worked out great for our Spurs....kudos to our 3rd PG.

Thread Information