After looking at this week's BCS rankings, I dug a little deeper into the computer calculations and can't figure how Missouri got a 0.830 score and WVU got a 0.720 score. The computer score is definitive in this case as WVU is ranked #6 in both "human" polls, while Missouri is #7.

In order for Missouri to get a 0.830 score, their 4-score computer average must by 5.25, but the absolute lowest I get is 6. I couldn't find Massey's rankings (I got an error when accessing his page), but it doesn't matter. If I give Missouri a #1 ranking for Massey, the highest I get for them is a 0.800. Likewise, if I give WVU some ridiculously low ranking for Massey, the lowest overall computer score they get is 0.740 (not 0.720 that they have).

Now, if Massey DOES have Missouri's rating <=4 AND WVU's rating at >=8 then the final poll still has Missouri leading, 0.800 vs. 0.793, but it would still be nice to see why I'm getting such different numbers.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    More importantly (because who gives a flip about WVU?), how do the computers rank Missouri over OU when OU beat Missouri head to head?

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    And Arizona State beat Colorado and Cal, which are the teams that beat Oregon and OU earlier this year... but let's rank them below the team that can't play defense and lost to South Florida.

Ok. I found the discrepency. I was looking at Sagarin's ratings wrong. They use the red rating and not the numerical rating (in the left column).
    Last edited by NoMoneyDown; 11-13-2007 at 12:46 PM.

My Team
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Post Count
    USC will beat Arizona and then guess what? Ohio State will be back in the Championship game!

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    I dont think so Scola rules. I think Mizzou will beat KU and Oklahoma in the BIG12 Championship game and then go on to face LSU!

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    PLAYOFFS

I dont think so Scola rules. I think Mizzou will beat KU and Oklahoma in the BIG12 Championship game and then go on to face LSU!
    From what I've been hearing, LSU is far from a lock in the NC. It could very well be a KU/WVU or Mizzou/WVU le game. Of course with the way CFB has been going this year, just about anything is possible between now and the end of the RS.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    USC will beat Arizona and then guess what? Ohio State will be back in the Championship game!

Sat, Oct 13 Arizona W 20-13

Thu, Nov 22 at (7) Arizona State 8:00 pm

go USC I hate ASU as I'm an Arizona fan

Thread Information