Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    so basically, Fabbs went from "I liked everything but the ending" to "I'm criticizing everything about this movie and will prove that it sucks because mono made me butthurt".

If that doesn't completely kill his credibility when discussing this movie, I don't know what does. Oh yeah, all his other BS posts in this thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here's a good review:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...ry_for_old_men

"Set in 1980 in West Texas, where the chase is on for stolen drug money, the film — a new career peak for the Coen brothers, who share writing and directing credits — is a literate meditation (scary words for the Transformers crowd) on America's bloodlust for the easy fix. "

Hear that Fabbs? He's talking to you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Thanks everyone for ruining this movie for me!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Here's a good review:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...ry_for_old_men

"Set in 1980 in West Texas, where the chase is on for stolen drug money, the film — a new career peak for the Coen brothers, who share writing and directing credits — is a literate meditation (scary words for the Transformers crowd) on America's bloodlust for the easy fix. "

Hear that Fabbs? He's talking to you.
    career peak is quite a stretch. it's good, but they have better ones.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Got to watch No Country' last night with some buddies at the Bijou. It definitely met my (high) expectations. The whole thing seemed so well paced and methodical - just like the book. I read it a few months ago, and I thought the movie stayed very true to it. Though, I would have liked to see more of the interraction with Moss and the young girl (who he picks up off the road in the book). Some of those landscape shots were beautiful, visually it is one of the Coen bro's best, imo. I'll admit that if I hadn't read the book, some of the things in the movie would have me scratching my head, but it didn't detract from the experience. Nothing is ever spelled out for you, I can appreciate that. I'd give the film about a 9/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Once again, have you ever killed someone? Ever pulled the trigger and watched the consequences afterwards? No? Then stop talking like a badass. I know, I know, years of trolling the internets has made you a hardened thug, and you just know you could gun down 47 men in 5 minutes and then sit down and have a nice steak dinner with no lasting side effects.

And for the record, no, I've never killed anyone. However, my father has, and I'm sorry, but he knows a of a lot more about what it feels like than you do, judging by your comments. And even though he was justified to shoot to kill, it still made him sick to his stomach, every single time. It doesn't matter if the other person is trying to kill you. You're taking a life. It is something that will never leave you. The fact that Llewelyn doesn't shoot at the first chance is something I consider a welcome change from the typical Hollywood movie where the characters are invincible and know it.

Besides, what the are you talking about when you say you could kill someone with no hesitancy? You want to seriously brag about that? You've got problems if you're calling someone a noob for hesitating to kill another person.

For the record, No Country is now ranked as the 70th highest movie on imdb, and if it's score holds, will reach into the top 10, all-time. The critics have responded as well, with an almost unanimous shower of praise. So yeah, I guess it's just me, Lee, and mono (me again) who thinks it's a decent piece of film-making.
    Now you're bringing your Daddee into it? Notice how you keep playing the killing *someone* card, as if Chigar is just *someone*. If *someone* like Chigar was stalking me and threatening to kill my wife, yes i could dust him. Yes, i have been in police work. Yes, it would still sicken me to kill even a puke like Chigar. No, i would not sit there and freeze up. I would consider protecting others like a close relative o be of greater importance then any "sickening" feeling i might have post shot. No i would not choose to have him waste me and then my wife so i could feel sthensitive with you and mono. You seriously want to admit you would cower out and let Chigar kill you, mono and anyone else at one of your bashes? Grow a pair, or are you a chick?

Anyone needing the largest number of the "criticths" and/or imdb to validate their own weak takes shows their sheepiness. Now I've got a visual of you and mono curling up with a capacinno and watching As Good As It Gets. Because after all, the *criticths* rated it sthuper high.
    Last edited by Fabbs; 11-21-2007 at 10:04 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Is Fabbs pissed because his Armageddon DVD got scratched? I've never seen anyone with more sand in his vagina.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who hired Chigurh? What is his connection to the money/drugs?
    Did Steven Root hire him?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Who hired Chigurh? What is his connection to the money/drugs?
    Did Steven Root hire him?
    did you pay any attention at all to the movie?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone needing the largest number of the "criticths" and/or imdb to validate their own weak takes shows their sheepiness. Now I've got a visual of you and mono curling up with a capacinno and watching As Good As It Gets. Because after all, the *criticths* rated it sthuper high.
    And anyone using the word "noob" as a reason for not liking a movie pretty much fails at life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And anyone using the word "noob" as a reason for not liking a movie pretty much fails at life.
    i think i introduced newb into the conversation. but him bringing up you quoting reviews after he did it himself was awesome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    bok bok bok bok ba Gawk!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    bok bok bok bok ba Gawk!
    It's always amusing when someone has been so thoroughly decimated in a debate that they resort to animal noises.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    during your time off if you plan on seeing a movie, see this one. you wont regret it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw it yesterday and wasn't impressed it was too long and didn't seem to be going anywhere, the scenery in the towns they were supposed to be in didn't always match the real towns etc. I did like the part towards the end when the boy says "Mr. you have a bone sticking out of your arm." To each their own, here's to hoping American Gangster doesn't let down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw it yesterday and wasn't impressed it was too long and didn't seem to be going anywhere, the scenery in the towns they were supposed to be in didn't always match the real towns etc. I did like the part towards the end when the boy says "Mr. you have a bone sticking out of your arm." To each their own, here's to hoping American Gangster doesn't let down.
    SAtoDallas your review so thoroughly decimated me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    SAtoDallas your review so thoroughly decimated me.
    The other posters in this thread made sure that was taken care of well beforehand.

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    i saw it last night. i liked it, but think i will stay away from reading reviews before hand because i don't know.. .. it was good but not great imo. i don't know how to give a review of this one. i thought brolin was wonderful and was a perfect fit for this role. overall, i enjoyed it but have to admit that i wasn't as impressed as some others.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    That's cool, to each his own. Dissenting opinions are fine, unless you're a about it like Fabbs was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's cool, to each his own. Dissenting opinions are fine, unless you're a about it like Fabbs was.
    QFT.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Just saw it. I loved the WHOLE movie. All the way till about the end. It pissed me off. this movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Seriously. Great, great, great movie. Bad ending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I understand your need for a Hollywood ending where Tommy Lee Jones says "not on my watch", comes out of retirement, grabs a gun, and goes a huntin' for Bardem. Of course he tracks him down, a massive gunfight ensues, Bardem is dead with about 800 bullet holes in him and Jones is all shot up but of course he's going to make it.

It's really a shame the movie didn't end like that for you.
    I just wanted closure on the movie. That really didn't need to happen. The ending just left me with sour grapes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    College
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    The point of the movie wasn't about a showdown between the badasses. If you listen closer to Tommy Lee Jones' monologues you'd understand why it ends like that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The point of the movie wasn't about a showdown between the badasses. If you listen closer to Tommy Lee Jones' monologues you'd understand why it ends like that.
    Spot on.

Thread Information