I didn't even realize until looking today that the Big-12 owns the #3, #4, and #5 slots in the BCS. With Oregon losing last night, each of them should move up a slot (discounting this weekend's games). Of course with the upcoming schedules and B12 Championship, things will really get interesting between now and the end of the RS.

Kansas plays ISU this weekend, and we can assume the Jayhawks will win. That brings up a showdown with Missouri on 11/24. Missouri plays at KSU this weekend, and while there might be an upset, the consensus points more to a win for Missouri. Again, this leads to a showdown between Kansas and Missouri on 11/24.

As for Oklahoma, they play at Texas Tech this weekend and then have OSU at home on 11/24. They should win both games, but the way CFB has been going this season, anything can happen. Still, we'll assume they win out.

So that leaves two very interesting match-ups: the Kansas/Missouri game on 11/24 and the B12 Championship. If things I've said hold true until then that will leave four possible outcomes:

1. Kansas over Missouri on 11/24 and then over OU in the B12 Championship.
    2. Kansas over Missouri on 11/24 and then losing to OU in the B12 Championship.
    3. Missouri over Kansas on 11/24 and then over OU in the B12 Championship.
    4. Missouri over Kansas on 11/24 and then losing to OU in the B12 Championship.

Scenario #1 would most assuredly put Kansas in the NC.
    Scenario #2 would most assuredly put Oklahoma in the NC.
    Scenario #3 would most assuredly put Missouri in the NC.
    Scenario #4 would most assuredly put Oklahoma in the NC.

So, it looks like if things hold out, at least ONE sBig-12 school has a good shot of going to the NC. Again, something freaky will probably happen that will blow this hypothesis clean out of the water, like Kansas, Missouri, AND/or OU losing this weekend.

As for Oklahoma, they play at Texas Tech this weekend and then have OSU at home on 11/24. They should win both games, but the way CFB has been going this season, anything can happen. Still, we'll assume they win out.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see OU lose to Tech or OSU. They gave up 300+ yards to.....BAYLOR! I'm not saying that as a UT hater, but it still bums me out that OU played the perfect game against UT only to win because of two UT turnovers.

I'll root for Missouri and Kansas as I want those programs to raise their prestige and tradition for the future.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mizzou controls their own destiny in my openion. like you said, they will beat K-State, Im sure they will beat Kansas (I know they are playing great), and they have the TOOLS to beat OK.

Thread Information