Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....3b62e4e4.html

New Cowboys stadium to host Texas A&M-Arkansas series

05:12 PM CST on Sunday, November 25, 2007

By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News
    [email protected]

Texas A&M and Arkansas officials have agreed to start playing an annual non-conference series at the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington starting in 2009, The Dallas Morning News has learned.

According to a source close to the negotiations, the two schools are close to finalizing a multi-year contract that would bring a potential blockbuster matchup to the area that could compete with the annual Texas-Oklahoma series at Fair Park.

The initial contract would be six to eight years, the source said.

Arkansas officials are scheduled to fly to the area this week for one final look at the stadium and the contract, the source said.

The game could generate millions for both schools on an annual basis, just like the Texas-OU game does. However, A&M and Arkansas would play in a brand new stadium that’s expected to cost $1 billion as opposed to the aging Cotton Bowl.

A&M and Arkansas played each other for decades as members of the now-defunct Southwest Conference. The Razorbacks hold a 38-24-3 series advantage.

sweet.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Now we can shove Brutalis's inflated perception of his program back in his face.

i bet doug collins will love this

Post Count
    It'll be great to resume this old SWC rivalry, especially in the Metroplex. Byrne did a great job with this.

Proud Silver Medalist Doug Collins's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!!!!!

I ing hate ar-kansas

im assuming since it is non conference it would be early in the season, which would be helpful for both teams in their strength of schedule before the bcs rankings start.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    im assuming since it is non conference it would be early in the season, which would be helpful for both teams in their strength of schedule before the bcs rankings start.
    It doesn't matter - some Big 10 or Big East team will play only 1 challenging game per year and the human voters will ensure they play for the le.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter - some Big 10 or Big East team will play only 1 challenging game per year and the human voters will ensure they play for the le.
    the big ten doesn't even play all of their in-conference games every year do they? i don't see why they can't remove one patsy game and play everyone in their own conference.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    the big ten doesn't even play all of their in-conference games every year do they? i don't see why they can't remove one patsy game and play everyone in their own conference.
    I've heard rumblings that they might want to a 12th team (Iowa State has been mentioned).

The world might collapse if OSU has to play a *gasp* game in December.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I've heard rumblings that they might want to a 12th team (Iowa State has been mentioned).
    I have heard that too up here in B10 country. If the fans had their way, it would be Notre Dame but that won't happen.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I have heard that too up here in B10 country. If the fans had their way, it would be Notre Dame but that won't happen.
    ND's got a cushy thing in with their independence (as noted in the "profitable college programs" thread).

Leeching Iowa State isn't a bad move for them up there, but it would have to hurt Chiz's ability to recruit Texas.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    Now we can shove Brutalis's inflated perception of his program back in his face.
    Inflated? When do I ever overhype the Hogs program? Matter of fact I bet several other regs here will attest to me usually doing the exact opposite, fool.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!!!!!

I ing hate ar-kansas
    We hate you too. Stupid Texas farm league Aggies.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Inflated? When do I ever overhype the Hogs program? Matter of fact I bet several other regs here will attest to me usually doing the exact opposite, fool.
    You do so with the misconception that you have top tier athletic programs. As we can see here again, you post with a hint of arrogance that is really undeserved.

"Houston Nutt is the only coach we've ever had that's knocked off a #1 LSU team on the road, so let's fire him because we in Hog Nation deserve more!!! Who cares if he broke one of the longest home unbeaten streaks in the nation on Friday???"

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    You know this is a beautiful thing.

Finally.

Texas refused a series with us 3 times this decade after the one and one. So we got their little brother instead who we used to beat on.

Texas and Arkansas of the SWC were like big brother, little brother. And aTm was like the fat kid next door.

Big brother always picks on us both, but little brother always took fatass to the woodshed.

You guys are going to make recruiting easier in Texas as we already do a solid job in the state as it is.

I hate the Aggies more than the Horns. In fact I don't hate the Horns at all. The generation before me sure hates them though.

It's just the fact that aTm does not realize how strong Arkansas is apparently. If they were smart, they'd realize why Texas don't wanna play us. They'd realize Arkansas plays a tougher schedule every year, and would be a 10 win team if they was in the Big12.

Texas fans would attest, aTm don't realize what they got themselves into.

Arkansas is a historical conference rival, so this is a really good idea.

It won't be Texas-OU because it doesn't have the tradition, and to suggest it could be is the kind of mixture of hubris and little-brother-inferiority-complex that annoys me about A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Leeching Iowa State isn't a bad move for them up there, but it would have to hurt Chiz's ability to recruit Texas.
    True...question then becomes, who does the B12 get to replace ISU? Maybe Brut's Hogs?

True...question then becomes, who does the B12 get to replace ISU? Maybe Brut's Hogs?
    The SEC is a better league than the Big 12. No way Ark jumps. The B12 would have to snag a MWC or C-USA team.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    You do so with the misconception that you have top tier athletic programs. As we can see here again, you post with a hint of arrogance that is really undeserved.

"Houston Nutt is the only coach we've ever had that's knocked off a #1 LSU team on the road, so let's fire him because we in Hog Nation deserve more!!! Who cares if he broke one of the longest home unbeaten streaks in the nation on Friday???"
    You are ape wrapped to go via Wendy's drive thru.

Top tier? Lmao. Your football stadium is better than ours, in fact it's better than most everyone's. But you want to compare everything else? Don't. You will get ing owned to the core and left naked at the same uncle's house that touched you as a child. Money is big in NW Arkansas. Dillards, WalMart, Axiom, JB, and Tyson Chicken make sure of that. Not even including boosters or regular university subjects.

If Arkansas isn't big time. How is aTm? You guys have a good year in basketball and a decent couple at football and you suddenly think your don't stink anymore? Please. This is what Texas fans have to deal with on a regular basis, little fatass next door that won't shutup and go away. It's like you have a good year and suddenly all the muscles flex like they been there before. You haven't.

Don't compare your second rate school, of a weaker conference, to Arkansas. You don't compare. Basketball, football, whatever. Joe Johnson, DMac. Name two guys in the last 5 years better. You can't.

Go back to the smokers lounge with Baylor and TT. Fumbling in the weeds of a pussy conference going on like you have to brag about.

Put aTm in the SEC in the last 10 years? SHUT UP HORN FANS, damn this is my gig stop laughing at them. Anyways, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Give us all a break, and stop speaking for me when you're really speaking for yourself obviously.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The SEC is a better league than the Big 12. No way Ark jumps. The B12 would have to snag a MWC or C-USA team.
    Agreed but I wouldn't be surprised if a push is made.

I could see TCU or Colorado State also.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    You have no idea about the politics and situations that have happened here for you to go there.

If you feel like it anyways because your is limp and you're bored, go research my threads on Nutt. It'll have his all time record, and all that jazz in them.

You don't make a decision based on one win over LSU when he hasn't done that in 9 other years to save his life. Besides that was LSU really #1? The polls say so, but this year in CFB as many teams that's been kicked off the top, how much more does it really mean? It don't.... hate saying it, but it's not that big of an issue that we beat LSU. We lucked out thanks to Hillis, Dmac and Jones being so good.

Post Count
    Arkansas is a historical conference rival, so this is a really good idea.

It won't be Texas-OU because it doesn't have the tradition, and to suggest it could be is the kind of mixture of hubris and little-brother-inferiority-complex that annoys me about A&M.
    I see it as a way to address Baylor, and not Arkansas, making it to the Big 12 back in the day.

Post Count
    Agreed but I wouldn't be surprised if a push is made.

I could see TCU or Colorado State also.

Either one of those would be fine.

Take both and lose Baylor and Iowa St?

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    I think Baylor is actually on the up and ISU is taking their spot soon as the Vanderbilt of your conference.

Thread Information