Illini: 17

USC rolls in this one

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yep, go Juice, but the juice will run out

Beanie Wells for Heisman! SanAntonioBuckeye's Avatar
    Post Count
    SC by a wide margin!

besides playing lsu in the le game, a nice matchup considering the 2003 split le, i would have loved playing the buckeyes. i think we would work them...kind of like michigan last year. now, what pisses me off is lsu is going to equal SC with 2 les in the last 6 years. but SC will still have been to more BCS games and have more BCS wins...and i can't pull for ohio state b/c they suck ass as does the big 10, plus then i would have to listen to espn suck their as they already do...for no reason i might add.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    Illini 73

USC 14

yeah, perhaps. i just don't know if Pete will run up the score that high.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    besides playing lsu in the le game, a nice matchup considering the 2003 split le, i would have loved playing the buckeyes. i think we would work them...kind of like michigan last year. now, what pisses me off is lsu is going to equal SC with 2 les in the last 6 years. but SC will still have been to more BCS games and have more BCS wins...and i can't pull for ohio state b/c they suck ass as does the big 10, plus then i would have to listen to espn suck their as they already do...for no reason i might add.
    so USC fan wants the whole world to foget that they lost to Stanford at home? I understand that Booty was hurt, but that argument only works if you lose to Oregon or UCLA. Stanford is one of the worst programs in the country. USC might be the best team on paper, but they are not the best team in the counrty. Thei "dynasty" only has one BCS le. Here are some stats

Team A
    1 BCS le
    6 BCS Apperances
    4-1 in BCS Games

Team B
    1 BCS le
    4 Apperances
    3-0 record

Team c
    1 BCS le
    6 BCS Apperances
    4-1 in BCS Games

Team D
    1 BCS le
    6 Apperances
    2-3 record

which one of these looks like the Dynasty of the group? I don't think any of them.

(Team A: Ohio State, Team B:LSU , Team C: USC, Team D: Oklahoma)

The funny thing is that if Ohio State didn't get blown out last year vs Florida, nobody would ever question the fact that they are one of the top 2 programs in the country. But since that happened everyone became college football experts by sitting on their couch and reading stuff on the internet. They believe that programs should be judged by one game, and not the enitre body of work.....oh wait.. those people also want us to forget the entire body of work that the 2007 USC Trojans by arguing that they never lost to one of the 10 worst programs in college football this decade.
    Last edited by Thunder Dan; 12-10-2007 at 02:29 PM.

so USC fan wants the whole world to foget that they lost to Stanford at home? I understand that Booty was hurt, but that argument only works if you lose to Oregon or UCLA. Stanford is one of the worst programs in the country. USC might be the best team on paper, but they are not the best team in the counrty. Thei "dynasty" only has one BCS le. Here are some stats

Team A
    1 BCS le
    6 BCS Apperances
    4-1 in BCS Games

Team B
    1 BCS le
    4 Apperances
    3-0 record

Team c
    1 BCS le
    6 BCS Apperances
    4-1 in BCS Games

Team D
    1 BCS le
    6 Apperances
    2-3 record

which one of these looks like the Dynasty of the group? I don't think any of them.

(Team A: Ohio State, Team B:LSU , Team C: USC, Team D: Oklahoma)

USC is the best team in the country, losing to Stanford doesn't change that. do they deserve to be in the le game?...no, b/c they lost to stanford. thats the difference.

as for your dynasty argument, you're not taking into account periods of time and ignore USC's 2003 le. anyone who doesn't count USC's le in 2003, outside of LSU fan, is completely ignorant. the coaches poll is contractually obligated to VOTE for the winner as the national champion...the AP is not. they can decide, though they have only done it once (USC), another team deserves the le.

therefore in the previous 5 years(exclusive of this season):

Southern Cal

1. 5 BCS bowl games
    2. 4-1 in BCS (only loss in 2005 BCS le game)
    3. closest margin of the 4 wins was 14 points
    4. 2 national championships (back2back and played for a 3rd straight)

Ohio State

1. 4 BCS bowl games
    2. 3-1 in BCS
    3. blown out by florida in last years le game
    4. 1 national championship

LSU

1. 2 BCS bowl games
    2. 2-0 in BCS
    3. 1 national championship

Oklahoma

1. 4 BCS bowl games
    2. 1-3 BCS

...to met its clear that USC is the best program in the last 5 years, would i call them a dynasty?...not sure, but they are definitely the closest thing to it. its nearly impossible to win back2back national championships and play for a 3rd straight these days. if USC wins it all next year, then i think you can make a claim for a dynasty....plus, lets see how this years bowls play out.

not to mention USC has won the last 5 Pac-10 les, while ohio state has only won 3 of 5 of their conference les.
    Last edited by johngateswhiteley; 12-10-2007 at 04:28 PM.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    USC is the best team in the country, losing to Stanford doesn't change that. do they deserve to be in the le game?...no, b/c they lost to stanford. thats the difference.

as for your dynasty argument, you're not taking into account periods of time and ignore USC's 2003 le. anyone who doesn't count USC's le in 2003, outside of LSU fan, is completely ignorant. the coaches poll is contractually obligated to VOTE for the winner as the national champion...the AP is not. they can decide, though they have only done it once (USC), another team deserves the le.

therefore in the previous 5 years(exclusive of this season):

Southern Cal

1. 5 BCS bowl games
    2. 4-1 in BCS (only loss in 2005 BCS le game)
    3. closest margin of the 4 wins was 14 points
    4. 2 national championships (back2back and played for a 3rd straight)

Ohio State

1. 4 BCS bowl games
    2. 3-1 in BCS
    3. blown out by florida in last years le game
    4. 1 national championship

LSU

1. 2 BCS bowl games
    2. 2-0 in BCS
    3. 1 national championship

Oklahoma

1. 4 BCS bowl games
    2. 1-3 BCS

...to met its clear that USC is the best program in the last 5 years, would i call them a dynasty?...not sure, but they are definitely the closest thing to it. its nearly impossible to win back2back national championships and play for a 3rd straight these days. if USC wins it all next year, then i think you can make a claim for a dynasty....plus, lets see how this years bowls play out.

not to mention USC has won the last 5 Pac-10 les, while ohio state has only won 3 of 5.
    I said "BCS les" as anything else is not recognized by the NCAA as a National le, so in terms of how history will be read, they only have one le. I think USC is a very good team, but they are not levels above anyone else (that was my point in the post). USC is on par with LSU, OSU, and Oklahoma. I think out of those 4, they are at the top, but the 2nd team is close. I don't get too caught up with conference les because since 2002, the Big Ten has been a better conference than the Pac-10. This year was the opposite, and the future could be different, but since 2002 the Pac-10 has been a weak conference with USC miles ahead of any actual compe ion. For instance, since 2002 6 Big Ten Teams have made it to BCS games, as opposed to 3 different teams from the Pac-10 (Penn St., Ohio State, Michigan, Wisonsin, Iowa)(Washington State, Oregon, USC).

But USC plays Ohio State next September so we shall see

I said "BCS les" as anything else is not recognized by the NCAA as a National le, so in terms of how history will be read, they only have one le. I think USC is a very good team, but they are not levels above anyone else (that was my point in the post). USC is on par with LSU, OSU, and Oklahoma. I think out of those 4, they are at the top, but the 2nd team is close. I don't get too caught up with conference les because since 2002, the Big Ten has been a better conference than the Pac-10. This year was the opposite, and the future could be different, but since 2002 the Pac-10 has been a weak conference with USC miles ahead of any actual compe ion. For instance, since 2002 6 Big Ten Teams have made it to BCS games, as opposed to 3 different teams from the Pac-10 (Penn St., Ohio State, Michigan, Wisonsin, Iowa)(Washington State, Oregon, USC).

But USC plays Ohio State next September so we shall see
    thats incorrect. the NCAA does recognize USC's le in 2003...don't know where you got that idea from. i am not even going to comment on the Pac-10 being weak or not.

USC has an incredibly difficult non-conference schedule next year:

@Virginia
    Ohio state

San Jose State
    @ Ohio State

@Hawaii >>>>>>>>>> take note Hawaii apologists, we are going to kick the out of your team again, just like last time
    Virginia

...SC has done a great job of scheduling non-conference opponents, as of late.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to the NCAA's website, USC was granted a share in 02, 03, 04, and 05.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_fo...st_champs.html

Post Count
    USC 30

Detroit 13

perhaps. i don't know if Pete would run the score up that high.

Post Count
    perhaps. i don't know if Pete would run the score up that high.
    Why is that all SC players that come to Detroit flat out suck?

Williams is pushing 270+ on the ans(perfect for VY) and Cody couldn't hand fight his way put of a paper bag.

Post Count
    Why is that all SC players that come to Detroit flat out suck?

Williams is pushing 270+ on the ans(perfect for VY) and Cody couldn't hand fight his way put of a paper bag.
    Don't forget about Rodney Peete and Chris Claiborne as well. SC has given Detroit some ty players.

Post Count
    Don't forget about Rodney Peete and Chris Claiborne as well. SC has given Detroit some ty players.

Peete gets a pass from me. Fontes ed that whole QB situation up.

Claiborne ate his way out of the league as well.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    thats incorrect. the NCAA does recognize USC's le in 2003...don't know where you got that idea from. i am not even going to comment on the Pac-10 being weak or not.

USC has an incredibly difficult non-conference schedule next year:

@Virginia
    Ohio state

San Jose State
    @ Ohio State

@Hawaii >>>>>>>>>> take note Hawaii apologists, we are going to kick the out of your team again, just like last time
    Virginia

...SC has done a great job of scheduling non-conference opponents, as of late.
    Ohio State goes USC 2008/2010, Miami Fla 2009/2010, Oklahoma 2011/2012

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    USC is the best team in the country, losing to Stanford doesn't change that.
    Actually, losing to Standford is one of the main reasons USC is not the best team in the country. Don't know the logic to that statement. And, it's not like Stanford was the only team that beat them.

No one cares about the Rose Bowl this year anyway. USC probably wins easily but Juice and Mendenhall will be a lot tougher than USC fans expect. And, their defense is solid.

But, again, no one really cares anyway.

Actually, losing to Standford is one of the main reasons USC is not the best team in the country. Don't know the logic to that statement. And, it's not like Stanford was the only team that beat them.

No one cares about the Rose Bowl this year anyway. USC probably wins easily but Juice and Mendenhall will be a lot tougher than USC fans expect. And, their defense is solid.

But, again, no one really cares anyway.
    no, it means SC let their guard down. they are playing better than anyone else right now and its shame they lost to stanford, otherwise its another le game.

nobody cares? lol...poor jamstone.

only a day and a half till the rose bowl!

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    no, it means SC let their guard down. they are playing better than anyone else right now and its shame they lost to stanford, otherwise its another le game.

nobody cares? lol...poor jamstone.

only a day and a half till the rose bowl!

The "best team in the country" doesn't let their collective guard down against a ty team. And, again, Stanford wasn't their only loss.

And, yes, no one but USC and Illini fans care about the Rose Bowl this year. Sorry. They don't.

The "best team in the country" doesn't let their collective guard down against a ty team. And, again, Stanford wasn't their only loss.

And, yes, no one but USC and Illini fans care about the Rose Bowl this year. Sorry. They don't.
    you don't have to be sorry...your not the authority on anything rose bowl related except SC trashing michigan. but thanks for letting me know nobody cares...thats a big relief. lmao...

My Team
    Wisconsin Badgers
    Post Count
    plus then i would have to listen to espn suck their as they already do
    The irony of that stantment, and from an SC fan. HAHAHA

Thread Information