Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Yep. BTW, how is Michigan doing this year in BB? And how is WVU doing?

Michigan's basketball program has been in shambles for nearly 10 years now. I don't think too many realistic Michigan basketball fans were expecting a trip to the Final Four in Beilin's first season as head coach. In fact, since it's less than a year removed, West Virginia's current record should be a good thing for Michigan as it reflects on Beilin very well in terms of what type of talent he recruited there. I think being compe ive and changing the mentality and approach of the basketball program is integral this year. Next year, hopefully they'll be good enough to compete for a chance at the NCAA tournament. And, then in following years, three or four or five years down the line, hopefully they can be a consistent sweet sixteen caliber type of basketball program. Looking at the records this first year is being very naive about the hire and what the hire was supposed to do for the program.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Those Michigan fans who are crying b/c he let go every assistant coach has to ask themselves one question: Are you happy with the status quo? If Michigan football wants to get to a level of of O$U or USC, broad changes need to be made. For too long Michigan and its fans have tried to live off of the program's history and tradition. Well, history and tradition might go a long way in putting asses in the seats, but it doesn't do jack about the on the field performance. Fresh blood and a different approach are whats needed to take the next step, and I am glad that coach Rod had the balls to do what he did. It tells me he isn't scared or intimidated by the Big Blue wall, but that he sees it as an oppurtunity to take a huge leap up and become a top tier program. I, for one am not crying for those coaches, as Lloyd got them two year deals last year, so they can sit on their ass next year and collect a six-figure paycheck and look for another coaching job.
    Co-signed. Well said.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol 3 years

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This is incredibly similar to how Nebraska fell.

the UT fans I see every now and then that call for Mack Brown's job should take note.

Thread Information