Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Texas just pounded the Pac 10 co champs raw without lube. I think they're the best team in college football.

My Team
    Wisconsin Badgers
    Post Count
    Didnt USC-loving EPSN say that OK would win it all in a playoff?? So all this is moot. Okla is the National Champion. ESPN has spoken!! All hail ESPN!!

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    Texas just pounded the Pac 10 co champs raw without lube. I think they're the best team in college football.

LOL colt mccoy fumbled four ing times and we still beat the mighty pac 10 co champs.

And USC faces the most one dimensional undeserving bcs bowl team of all time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    hmm...everyone is all over SC's nuts right now. but, then again, they are the best.
    If they were the best, they would be playing for a National Championship right now.

They aren't... whoopsie.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    illini!!!! I'm so scarrred!! 0o0oo0o0o0o

SC beat them worse on the road and with ASU playing better.

That is baloney. Neither Ohio State nor LSU should be in the BCS Championship game. Both would get worked by USC.
    tis true. i love all the t.u. fans brining up irrelevant things like losing to stanford...fact is, SC is almost healthy and they just put up 49 points and 633 yards on Illinois whom beat ohio state @ home. both rose bowl records...SC's the best and Georgia very well might be #2.

tonight's game will tell us even more, i like ou over west virginia.

other than Georgia, SC got the weakest opponent who really didnt belong in the bcs bowl. I'm not going to say they aren't the best in the country, but the Rose Bowl sure didnt prove anything. There are so many potentially good matchups that a playoff could have brought this year that its a shame we have to settle for that BS yesterday.
    thats the best point from you t-sips. when the bowl match ups were announced i was actually pissed off we were playing illinois. my roommate thought it would be closer than most people thought...but he's a big 10 apologist. from the beginning i wanted to see USC vs. Georgia...and it should have happened, b/c the ROSE BOWL had the NUMBER ONE PICK!!! arghh...

Post Count
    That is baloney. Neither Ohio State nor LSU should be in the BCS Championship game. Both would get worked by USC.
    USC doesnt deserve to be there either. Losing to Stanford and to Oregon did them in. It is simple. DONT lose to Stanford especially when you are at home. Win the games on your schedule. It isnt either of those teams faults that USC dropped in the rankings. The "best team in the country" doesnt lose to Stanford at home.

SC is now second all time in bowl wins....only 1 behind Alabama. we'll probably catch them next year.

...greatness.

USC's last 5 wins were an average score of 31-8...all bowl teams.

...greatness.

6 straight seasons of 11 or more victories....yes ELEVEN.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    All of yall are talking straight out of your asses......NOONE knows who #1 is period.....so please kindly STFU.

Have a great day.

All of yall are talking straight out of your asses......NOONE knows who #1 is period.....so please kindly STFU.

Have a great day.
    sure i do...SC.

i'm not saying SC deserves to be the best team...they just are.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    alright they lost to Stanford. That is like the Red Sox getting swept in the playoffs by the Durham Bulls (Devil Rays's AAA) then people still trying to make an argument as to why the Red Sox are still the best team in baseball dispite that horrible series. I mean Stanford is 20-48 since 2002 and they went to USC and won with a backup QB.

alright they lost to Stanford. That is like the Red Sox getting swept in the playoffs by the Durham Bulls (Devil Rays's AAA) then people still trying to make an argument as to why the Red Sox are still the best team in baseball dispite that horrible series. I mean Stanford is 20-48 since 2002 and they went to USC and won with a backup QB.
    revisit the box score. SC vastly outplayed Stanford, the score was 9-0 at the half and John David played the entire second half with a broken hand. sometimes things like that happen...it doesn't mean SC isn't the best team in the country. SC also lost @ Oregon by 7 points with the backup QB (Booty still out with broken hand).

... happens, but its not like SC straight up had 2 losses b/c of playing poorly. injuries are part of the game, sure, but it shouldn't detract from the Trojans being the best team in the country...right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i like ou over west virginia.

need a bookie, dude?

the Trojans get more pussy than anyone.

Post Count
    the Trojans get more pussy than anyone.
    They also get their s sucked by more guys then anyone else.

They also get their s sucked by more guys then anyone else.
    nope, different Trojans different times.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    So, basically, everyone should forget the Stanford loss because USC is allowed a mulligan on that -- that must be the special "USC had a hurt QB" mulligan (because, of course, Oregon wouldn't be en led to anything like that; losing their QB did nothing to the Ducks' season).

As for the Oregon loss, well, you can't hold the Trojans accountable for that since they were made to play with their backup quarterback; everyone knows that USC isn't in a position to recruit a backup quarterback who can beat ranked opponents on the road.

USC might well beat other teams in the country right now, but they won't win the game that might have forever marked them as that. Instead, we'll have the years of Trojan fans' apocryphal accounts of the greatness of their 2-loss 2007 football team.

Thread Information