Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So, basically, everyone should forget the Stanford loss because USC is allowed a mulligan on that -- that must be the special "USC had a hurt QB" mulligan (because, of course, Oregon wouldn't be en led to anything like that; losing their QB did nothing to the Ducks' season).

As for the Oregon loss, well, you can't hold the Trojans accountable for that since they were made to play with their backup quarterback; everyone knows that USC isn't in a position to recruit a backup quarterback who can beat ranked opponents on the road.

USC might well beat other teams in the country right now, but they won't win the game that might have forever marked them as that. Instead, we'll have the years of Trojan fans' apocryphal accounts of the greatness of their 2-loss 2007 football team.
    thanks for putting words into my mouth. you are consistent FWD, you love to assume...love it.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    nope, different Trojans different times.

Matt Leinart Trojans? Matt Leinart times?

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    thanks for putting words into my mouth. you are consistent FWD, you love to assume...love it.
    or hold you to your own words:

sometimes things like that happen...it doesn't mean SC isn't the best team in the country.
    SC also lost @ Oregon by 7 points with the backup QB (Booty still out with broken hand).
    I guess by assuming things, you're saying that I'm assuming that you actually meant what you said?

or hold you to your own words:

I guess by assuming things, you're saying that I'm assuming that you actually meant what you said?
    you're on a roll bra!

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    Witty retort.

well, you're posts are ridiculous and full of assumptions. why should i waste my time?

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    well, you're posts are ridiculous and full of assumptions. why should i waste my time?
    What assumptions, exactly? You basically said that the Stanford loss was no big deal and that the loss at Oregon was somehow excusable because USC played with its backup QB. I pointed out, relying on your specific statements (the ones that I quoted) that no other team in the country gets that sort of excuse-making on its behalf. You accuse me of assuming things, but again, the only assumption I can find in my post is an assumption that you actually meant what you wrote. I'd be happy to address whatever other "assumptions" you think I'm making, but for now, I'm simply holding you to what you said.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    jgw is getting worked over today.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^stay away from logical arguments with jgw, he's a ing tool like his worthless usc team. I think he was driving by the campus one day and decided to become a usc fan.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    So, basically, everyone should forget the Stanford loss because USC is allowed a mulligan on that -- that must be the special "USC had a hurt QB" mulligan (because, of course, Oregon wouldn't be en led to anything like that; losing their QB did nothing to the Ducks' season).

As for the Oregon loss, well, you can't hold the Trojans accountable for that since they were made to play with their backup quarterback; everyone knows that USC isn't in a position to recruit a backup quarterback who can beat ranked opponents on the road.

USC might well beat other teams in the country right now, but they won't win the game that might have forever marked them as that. Instead, we'll have the years of Trojan fans' apocryphal accounts of the greatness of their 2-loss 2007 football team.
    who has a better argument.. Ohio State losing to Illinios by 7 points after a blown fumble call into the endzone (if you have no idea what I'm talking about read below) or USC losing to Stanford at home because JDB was hurt and had to be replaced by another 5 star QB?

On the first play of the game an Illinios player ran almost 75 yards and when he was tackled he fumbled the ball through the endzone which should have been a touchback and Ohio State's ball. Because of a replay malfunction (according to the Big Ten), the play was never looked at on replay, even though it was obvious to everyone what happened. They scored a TD from that drive, and Ohio State loses by a touchdown. I'm not one for making excuses, but if USC wants to cry about stuff, then I guess Ohio State fans can gripe that they could be undefeated

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Sorry Buckeye fan but that's pretty weak. OSU still lost to Illinois, and at worse was a close game. USC TRUCKED Illinois and it was never close.

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar
    My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Sorry to all of ya'll but UGA is the best team in the country right now. Moreno only ran the ball 9 times and dominated the game. Everyone wanted to see the USC/UGA rose but the BCS knew the winner of that game would have probably split the National le and threw another wrench in their .

Sorry to all of ya'll but UGA is the best team in the country right now. Moreno only ran the ball 9 times and dominated the game. Everyone wanted to see the USC/UGA rose but the BCS knew the winner of that game would have probably split the National le and threw another wrench in their .
    Yeah, UGA looked unbeatable against... Hawaii.

Post Count
    Michigan is the best team in the country.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Michigan is the best team in the country.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Yeah, UGA looked unbeatable against... Hawaii.
    What do you want them to do, they played who they had to play. It was a lose/lose for them. If they win, they're suppose to, if they had lost or it was close it would have been the biggest upset ever. They also dominated everyone they played the last 6 games of the season, including Fla, Auburn, and Kentucky. UGA hasn't lost since Oct 6th, OSU has lost since and LSU and USC have lost twice since then, so tell me again why UGA isn't the best team in college right now?

What do you want them to do, they played who they had to play. It was a lose/lose for them. If they win, they're suppose to, if they had lost or it was close it would have been the biggest upset ever. They also dominated everyone they played the last 6 games of the season, including Fla, Auburn, and Kentucky. UGA hasn't lost since Oct 6th, OSU has lost since and LSU and USC have lost twice since then, so tell me again why UGA isn't the best team in college right now?
    Georgia may very well be the best college football team right now, but it's all subjective. USC beat Illinois, so maybe they should be the best team. WVU just kicked the snot outta #4 Oklahoma, so they definitely have a say-so in the matter, too. Missouri just pasted Arkansas, who beat LSU not too long ago, so maybe they are the best team. And what if VTech kicks Kansas all around tonight - will they be the best team currently? Nobody knows as everyone has a good argument about who is the best team.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Appalachian State definitely the best team in college football. Three time (three peat) national champions!

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Georgia may very well be the best college football team right now, but it's all subjective. USC beat Illinois, so maybe they should be the best team. WVU just kicked the snot outta #4 Oklahoma, so they definitely have a say-so in the matter, too. Missouri just pasted Arkansas, who beat LSU not too long ago, so maybe they are the best team. And what if VTech kicks Kansas all around tonight - will they be the best team currently? Nobody knows as everyone has a good argument about who is the best team.
    I agree, I'm just sticking up for my team in this pointless arguement

I agree, I'm just sticking up for my team in this pointless arguement
    This season definitely proves there needs to be a better system in place. Teams (like WVU) are penalized if they lose a game later in the season rather than earlier (like Georgia). LSU is a good ball team, but they lost TWICE to teams that are now UNRANKED, and yet they got in the NC. How's that for screwy? Just more fodder for those people wanting a PO type of post-season.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    ^stay away from logical arguments with jgw, he's a ing tool like his worthless usc team. I think he was driving by the campus one day and decided to become a usc fan.
    Actually, he heard snoop dog was a SC fan and he needed more street cred.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Sorry Buckeye fan but that's pretty weak. OSU still lost to Illinois, and at worse was a close game. USC TRUCKED Illinois and it was never close.
    Illinios vs Stanford

who wins?

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Illinios vs Stanford

who wins?

Probably Illinois, but I'm not sure.

That has nothing to do with what I said. I don't think USC should be in the le game. I'm just saying you can't say Ohio State is definitely better than USC. Ohio State had a horribly weak schedule themselves. They are in the le game by default. I don't say they OSU shouldn't be in the le game. They do because everyone else ed up.

I'm saying you can't start justifying a close loss to Illinois in Columbus as evidence to why Ohio State is more justifiably in the NC game over USC when USC just double penetration anally ed Illinois the other day.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    I'm saying you can't start justifying a close loss to Illinois in Columbus as evidence to why Ohio State is more justifiably in the NC game over USC when USC just double penetration anally ed Illinois the other day.
    I was making a weak argument to compare with the weak argument that USC lost to Stanford because their QB got hurt. I don't actually think tOSU deserved the call because it did happen at the beginning of the game, and they had the rest of the game to make plays to win. I was just scraping for weak arguments because that what USC fans do with the Stanford loss

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter who the best team in the country is, the only thing that matters is who has the Championship after the season is over.

West Virginia looked pretty damn good, they would of been undefeated if it wasn't for Pat White getting hurt.

Thread Information