Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

My Team
    Wisconsin Badgers
    Post Count
    But are they as good as the SC team of 2 yrs ago that was comsidered the greatest team ever in CFB (well until that Rose Bowl against UT, lol)? EPSN.

SC lost to Stanford and Oregon. If Dixon doesnt get hurt, Oregon is in the Rose Bowl against IL.

But are they as good as the SC team of 2 yrs ago that was comsidered the greatest team ever in CFB (well until that Rose Bowl against UT, lol)? EPSN.

SC lost to Stanford and Oregon. If Dixon doesnt get hurt, Oregon is in the Rose Bowl against IL.
    wrong, they are in the national championship game and SC is still in the Rose Bowl...nice try though. furthermore, if you want to play the what if game...if Booty doesn't get hurt SC beats Oregon (they only lost by 7).

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Its all bull .......noone knows who can beat who on any given day. USC could fall to anyone if the other team is playing with passion.....or maybe not. Who the knows, so this argument is foolish.

In other sports, they have a method of settling arguments about which team is the best at the end of the season. What they do is have the best teams play a tournament, and the team that wins the tournament is declared champion.

In other sports, they have a method of settling arguments about which team is the best at the end of the season. What they do is have the best teams play a tournament, and the team that wins the tournament is declared champion.
    lol. hey, you want to send me some beer?

hmm...everyone is all over SC's nuts right now. but, then again, they are the best.

lou holtz just put his top 5 (today) at:

1. SC
    2. Georgia
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Ohio State
    5. ?

...hilarious, his top 3 isn't even in the le game. all this talk is good though, more pressure for a playoff. btw, holtz said you could see another split national le with either USC, Georgia, and Oklahoma since only the coaches poll is made to vote for the BCS le game winner.

Go SC!!!

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    USC did "LOOK" like the best team in the country. Too bad they aren't.

USC did "LOOK" like the best team in the country. Too bad they aren't.
    SC is probably the best...true.

other than Georgia, SC got the weakest opponent who really didnt belong in the bcs bowl. I'm not going to say they aren't the best in the country, but the Rose Bowl sure didnt prove anything. There are so many potentially good matchups that a playoff could have brought this year that its a shame we have to settle for that BS yesterday.

Post Count
    You cant call a team who isnt in the National Championship game and havent won it in 3 years the "best team in the country" especially when they have 2 losses with 1 being at home to Stanford.

Wow. That has got to be one of the biggest USC kiss-arse articles I've seen from ESPN. The writer uses the Illinois game as the litmus test for a USC/tOSU match-up??? Are you kidding me??? LMFAO! What about Stanford? I guess since Ohio State never gets the opportunity to play them then it doesn't count?

On a similar note ...

BTW, anyone see where Oklahoma was pleading with the BCS to play someone higher ranked than WVU? They lost to TWO UNRANKED teams and have the gall to want to play someone else besides a team that only lost to one unranked team. LMAO! Not only do I hope WVU wins because of Rodriguez's unprofessional departure, but also because OU needs to get their heads out of the clouds and realize they are far from being 'all that'.

I want OU to get smoked because they're a bunch of dirty okies mixed in with traitorous Texans. them.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^lol, a usc team that LOST to 41 point dog Stanford? Puuullllease.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    simply greatness.

traditional bowl tie-ins robbed the fans of usc vs. georgia. that game would've been the sicknastiness that could've really started some arguments.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    USC IS the best team in the country right now. No question. Yes, they lost to Stanford but SO WHAT? No team has gone thru the season unscathed this year.

Post Count
    USC IS the best team in the country right now. No question. Yes, they lost to Stanford but SO WHAT? No team has gone thru the season unscathed this year.

If they truly were the best, they wouldnt have lost that game and could have been in a different situation. Last year they lost to Oregon State and UCLA so were they the best team in the country that year too? They are a very good team no question but they arent the best team in the country. If they were, they would be playing in the BCS Championship game. Saying that is just like saying Kansas is the best team in the country despite losing to Missouri.

#35 Pittsburgh Pisces MosesGuthrie's Avatar
    My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    Further proof why we need a playoff or at least a plus one.

Post Count
    Further proof why we need a playoff or at least a plus one.
    I'm actually okay with the BCS. Hawaii sucked and werent even bcs worthy. Thing is if you have a weak schedule, change up your non-conference games and play an elite team or 2 and DONT lose to them or teams you shouldnt lose to. You do a playoff and the team that gets left out will about it.

If they truly were the best, they wouldnt have lost that game and could have been in a different situation. Last year they lost to Oregon State and UCLA so were they the best team in the country that year too? They are a very good team no question but they arent the best team in the country. If they were, they would be playing in the BCS Championship game. Saying that is just like saying Kansas is the best team in the country despite losing to Missouri.
    Amen. The funny thing is that LSU (like USC) lost to TWO teams that are currently UNRANKED in the BCS. Oklahoma also lost to TWO teams that are currently unranked in the BCS. However, there are a few teams that have only lost to ONE (currently) unranked team, or, like Ohio St. and VTech, -0- unranked teams. This season has just been downright crazy to say the least. But to say USC is the best team right now just because they pummeled Illinois in the Rose Bowl is funny.

You do a playoff and the team that gets left out will about it.
    In an 8-team playoff, the big controversy would be about Hawaii getting in instead of Kansas or Missouri. Is there anybody out there seriously arguing in favor of Missouri or Kansas being the best football team in America right now? No?

Do you see how that is different from, say, an undefeated and SEC-champion Auburn team getting screwed a couple of years ago?

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    That is baloney. Neither Ohio State nor LSU should be in the BCS Championship game. Both would get worked by USC.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    That is baloney. Neither Ohio State nor LSU should be in the BCS Championship game. Both would get worked by USC.

The thing about college football is that unless the match up actually happens in a bowl game, that is still pure conjecture.

Thread Information