Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    Well now he can get paid for fumbling.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    more coverage...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Texas junior running back Jamaal Charles, who rushed for 1,619 yards this season, has decided to leave the Longhorns to enter the NFL draft.

Charles joined Ricky Williams, Earl Campbell and Cedric Benson as the only Longhorns to rush for over 1,500 yards in a season. He had 161 yards and two touchdowns in Texas' Holiday Bowl win over Arizona State. The Longhorns finished 10-3.

His biggest game of the season was a career-high 290 yards in a 28-25 win over Nebraska in which he had 216 yards and three long TDs in the fourth quarter.

Texas also announced Wednesday that assistant head coach and co-defensive coordinator Larry Mac Duff, who spent one season on coach Mack Brown's staff, has decided to leave. Mac Duff joined the Texas staff after spending four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Well now he can get paid for fumbling.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I love Jamal and wish him well, but his ball security was for . I can't quite see why he's ready to try and play at the next level.

On a side note, Darrell Scott, rated by most as the #1 RB prospect in the country has narrowed down his list to 4 schools, saying that if Jamal left for the NFL it would 'significantly' improve UT's chances of winning the recruiting battle for his services.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He might as well go. I don't think he's first round material either this year or next year if he came back for his senior season.

If the cat can learn to hang on to the ball, he's got a decent chance at a productive career at the next level.

Good luck in the NFL, learn how to run inside and not fumble. If he can learn those things he can be a good NFL back.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    ing bull
    man i hate college sports

who the does jamaal charles think he is
    not even that huge abortion of a running back Cedric Benson left early

The only player to do this to us was Vince, and that was at least understandable in terms of stock

its bull how they let these players do that stupid thing where they ascertain their possible position in the draft, that almost always prompts them to declare

ing bs

The god damn ggies better lose that tank Lane now or Texas is kked
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 01-02-2008 at 06:22 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Should be a 3rd or 4th rounder. I wouldn't mind seeing him being Julius Jones's replacement in Dallas... but there are obviously higher guys on my wish list.

? i thought you were a skins fan?

...lol, what a shame.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Should be a 3rd or 4th rounder. I wouldn't mind seeing him being Julius Jones's replacement in Dallas... but there are obviously higher guys on my wish list.

I sort of understand his position - he almost doubled his rushing yards output this season (though Selvin's carries are gone) and he's not going to rush for more next year. If he declared after next season he'd be a 23 year old tailback with a five pro-season shelf life at 6'0, 205..though it's hard to argue a 4.2 40 and a 10.2 100.

As an Orangeblood, I wish him luck. Vondrell and Ogbonnaya are probably packing his bags as we speak. Whittaker's not too sad either.

I sort of understand his position - he almost doubled his rushing yards output this season (though Selvin's carries are gone) and he's not going to rush for more next year. If he declared after next season he'd be a 23 year old tailback with a five pro-season shelf life at 6'0, 205..though it's hard to argue a 4.2 40 and a 10.2 100.

As an Orangeblood, I wish him luck. Vondrell and Ogbonnaya are probably packing his bags as we speak. Whittaker's not too sad either.
    i guarantee you at the combine he doesn't run a 4.2...i bet he runs a mid 4.3, if he runs at all. all these so called 4.2 backs never run 4.2s at the combine. that being said, he is very fast.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i guarantee you at the combine he doesn't run a 4.2...i bet he runs a mid 4.3, if he runs at all. all these so called 4.2 backs never run 4.2s at the combine. that being said, he is very fast.
    Yeah, you're right.

I bet that 4.2 was timed on the track around the UT soccer field. Or handtimed at Port Arthur. I read somewhere that the fastest combine time ever was a 4.19 by Deion, by the way.

Yeah, you're right.

I bet that 4.2 was timed on the track around the UT soccer field. Or handtimed at Port Arthur. I read somewhere that the fastest combine time ever was a 4.19 by Deion, by the way.

this is interesting, Michael Bennett supposedly has the fastest time, but only ran a 4.37 at the combine. this is what i was talking about, you hear about all these times, but when the players get together and run on level terms...hardly anyone runs under a 4.40.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40-yard_dash

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    ^ According to that wiki link (which could very well be bs), but it says Deion ran a 4.57 backwards. If true, wow.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    ? i thought you were a skins fan?
    If you are talking to me, I have no clue where you got that from... crack?

^ According to that wiki link (which could very well be bs), but it says Deion ran a 4.57 backwards. If true, wow.
    it could be BS, i don't know, but running a 4.57 backwards is insanely good. incredible.

My Team
    Kansas State Wildcats
    Post Count
    dumb. he couldve held on for more money. he'll probably hold out anyway.

Thread Information