My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like Buttalis has a new login.

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar
    My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    As for the comment that the B12 is still just UT and uo, that's is just either ignorant or uninformed.

Is it? Like I said KU and Mizz had seasons not seen in 30 years. Nebraska is in the dumps. KSU has done zip without Snyder. A&M hasn't done anything since the BCS began. Ok State is TT north, teams that whip less talented schools but are exposed when playing tough defense. That leaves Colorado, Iowa State and Baylor????? I'm an SEC guy living in Austin since 2002, just calling it like I see it.

Just some random stats

BCS championships

Conference Wins Losses Winning Teams Losing Teams
    SEC................3 0 Tennessee, LSU, Florida
    Pac-10............1 1 USC USC
    Big Ten............1 1 Ohio State Ohio State
    Big 12..............2 3 Oklahoma, Texas Oklahoma (2 losses)Nebraska
    ACC.................1 2 Florida State Florida State (2 losses)
    Big East...........1 2 Miami (FL) Virginia Tech, Miami (FL)

Overall BCS record All-time

ACC- 1-9
    Big 12- 6-8
    Big East- 6-4 (3 wins and a loss are Miami's)
    Big 10- 8-8
    MWC- 1-0
    Pac-10- 8-4
    SEC- 10-4
    WAC- 1-1
    Independent(ND really) 0-3
    Last edited by romad_20; 01-04-2008 at 02:07 PM.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm an SEC guy living in Austin since 2002, just calling it like I see it.
    Then you need glasses.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Then you need glasses.
    Can you make a case that's different right now based on recent history of the conference? I'm not trying to f with you, but seriously you have two really good schools that are consistently good in the big 12 right now. That's it. Now if KU and Mizz start popping up in the BCS every year then that's a different story.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Can you make a case that's different right now based on recent history of the conference? I'm not trying to f with you, but seriously you have two really good schools that are consistently good in the big 12 right now. That's it. Now if KU and Mizz start popping up in the BCS every year then that's a different story.
    2 schools that are consistently good. Why don't you do a quick history look at the B12 and rethink that.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    2 schools that are consistently good. Why don't you do a quick history look at the B12 and rethink that.

Ok, done. You still haven't responded with anything. I'm talking about recent history and the present, did you not read that? Since 2000, let's go with that year.

I fully understand the traditions of A&M and Nebraska but they have not been powerhouses in years now, most recently Nebraska in 2000.

Why don't you re-read my statement and respond with something instead of some snide bs comment.

Is it? Like I said KU and Mizz had seasons not seen in 30 years. Nebraska is in the dumps. KSU has done zip without Snyder. A&M hasn't done anything since the BCS began. Ok State is TT north, teams that whip less talented schools but are exposed when playing tough defense. That leaves Colorado, Iowa State and Baylor?????
    Last edited by romad_20; 01-04-2008 at 05:49 PM.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count

In addition to the above arguement about who plays who, the B12 was the only BCS conf to play 2 BCS conf champions.

Even if you want to dump on uo, which in reality is fine by me, the B12 has had more different teams play in BCS Bowls than any BCS conf (Neb/CU/KSU/KU/uo/UT/atm).

The B12 has had more appearances in the MNC game at 5 (Neb, UT, uo x 3).

But the SEC has more winners in the MNC at 3 and the most wins overall in the BCS at 10-4.

Also you're wrong about the big 12 sending the most, they are tied for the most with the Big 10. The Big 10, Pac-10 and SEC have also won more BCS games than the Big-12.

I'm not bagging your conference but they aren't what you're making them out to be in this thread and the wins/losses don't support your arguements.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Even if you want to dump on uo, which in reality is fine by me, the B12 has had more different teams play in BCS Bowls than any BCS conf (Neb/CU/KSU/KU/uo/UT/atm).
    He's right about that. Big Ten also with 7.

Big Ten Schools that have gone to a BCS Bowl:

Wisconsin
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Purdue
    Illinois
    Iowa
    Penn State

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not making them out to be anything more than they are, which is certainly not less than any of the other confs; that being my only point.

Thread Information