Big 10 3-4 (OSU)
    Big East 2-2 (Rutgers)
    ACC 2-6
    Sun Belt 1-0
    WAC 1-3
    C-USA 1-4 (Tulsa)
    MAC 0-1 (Ball St., Bowling Green)
    Independents 0-1
    Last edited by MosesGuthrie; 01-04-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Updating the standings

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    With 4 games still to go:
    (Orange, International, GMAC and BCS le game)

SEC 6-2 (LSU still left to play)
    MWC 4-1
    Pac-10 4-2
    Big 12 4-3 (KU)
    Big 10 3-4 (OSU)
    Big East 2-2 (Rutgers)
    ACC 2-5 (Va Tech)
    Sun Belt 1-0
    WAC 1-3
    C-USA 1-4 (Tulsa)
    MAC 0-1 (Ball St., Bowling Green)
    Independents 0-1
    SEC played a CUSA and a WAC
    P10 played played 2 MWC teams (lost to one)
    B10 played a MAC
    BEast played a CUSA and will play a MAC
    ACC played a WAC

B12 got 2 into BCS and was the only BCS conf to play all BCS conf schools in the bowls.

B12 got 2 into BCS
    Doesn't do any good if those two teams can't win, tho. After seeing WVU run all over the supposedly "tough" OU defense, my gut feeling that Kansas is going to get thrashed by VTech is even stronger now.

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar
    My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Doesn't do any good if those two teams can't win, tho. After seeing WVU run all over the supposedly "tough" OU defense, my gut feeling that Kansas is going to get thrashed by VTech is even stronger now.
    Exactly. If LSU wins, especially if they win big, there will be no more argument about the strongest conference.

GO DAWGS!!! 2008 is the year!!! Caleb King and Knowshon are the truth!

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Which exactly proves my point. If uo got to play Hawaii or Illinois, they win those games easy.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Which exactly proves my point. If uo got to play Hawaii or Illinois, they win those games easy.
    Doubtful, didn't they lose to the WAC champ last year? What makes you think they could beat them this year? That's 4 losses in a row in the BCS so it really doesn't prove any point.
    Last edited by romad_20; 01-03-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Oklahoma sucks and it's about time all their fans realize that they are not one of the best teams in the nation.

Pac-10 has yet to get 2 teams into the BCS in the same season and I think it's about time they did.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Doubtful, didn't they lose to the WAC champ last year? What makes you think they could beat them this year? That's 4 losses in a row in the BCS so it really doesn't prove any point.
    The point is the last 2 in or the supposed weakest teams were Hawaii and Illinois. Don't even try to start defending Hawaii, if they were a good team they would be in the MNC game. Year-to-year is a dumb card to play as well. How well did KU do in their bowl game last year? Irregardless, uo and KU, and most likely UT and Mizzou, all would lay the lumber to Illinois and Hawaii.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kansas shocked me. I thought Va Tech would take them. Nice to see a B12 team win a BCS game.

The point is the last 2 in or the supposed weakest teams were Hawaii and Illinois. Don't even try to start defending Hawaii, if they were a good team they would be in the MNC game. Year-to-year is a dumb card to play as well. How well did KU do in their bowl game last year? Irregardless, uo and KU, and most likely UT and Mizzou, all would lay the lumber to Illinois and Hawaii.
    irregardless?

...none of those teams would lay the wood to Illinois, though they might beat them.

Kansas shocked me. I thought Va Tech would take them. Nice to see a B12 team win a BCS game.
    i was shocked too. people were picking v-tech like they were picking oklahoma...ironically, both lost.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    OU has given me plenty of examples (their last 4 BCS trips, Colo and TT for god sake), not just last year. I just don't think they would have killed Ill or UH. They haven't been dominate like OU fans think they are in 8 years. Oh yeah and the Big 12 is WEAK! Right now there's UT, OU and two spread offensesive teams from the north, scary stuff right there.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    So does KU belong in the BCS now?

In addition to the above arguement about who plays who, the B12 was the only BCS conf to play 2 BCS conf champions.

Even if you want to dump on uo, which in reality is fine by me, the B12 has had more different teams play in BCS Bowls than any BCS conf (Neb/CU/KSU/KU/uo/UT/atm).

The B12 has had more appearances in the MNC game at 5 (Neb, UT, uo x 3).

So does KU belong in the BCS now?
    You mean the championship? Yes. As does any other number of teams.

In addition to the above arguement about who plays who, the B12 was the only BCS conf to play 2 BCS conf champions.
    And their record is 1-1. The Big East played in only one and is 1-0.

Even if you want to dump on uo, which in reality is fine by me, the B12 has had more different teams play in BCS Bowls than any BCS conf (Neb/CU/KSU/KU/uo/UT/atm).
    Just curious ... I wonder what this would show when number of teams per conference is figured in.

The B12 has had more appearances in the MNC game at 5 (Neb, UT, uo x 3).
    True.

What bothers me about trying to determine things using the BCS is that the system itself is not entirely without flaw. All one has to do is look at Notre Dame, for instance, who get preferential treatment. Also, conferences with more teams are statistically going to be sending more teams to BCS games than those with fewer teams. And on and on.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    OSU beat a big 10 team... give 'em the national le.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    So the big 12 now stands at 5-3 after KU beat VT. Acc is now 2-6. All this proves that the ACC continues to suck since Miami and FSU have fallen off the map. Pump up the Big 12 if you want but it's still UT, OU and everyone else. KU and Mizz had once in a generation years. I personally think the Big 12 and Pac 10 are on about the same level with the Big 11 and Big Least way behind.

Give us a playoff so we can see who is better on the field instead of the stupid arguments!!!!
    Last edited by romad_20; 01-04-2008 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    SEC is tops.

Big 12 and Pac 10 are tied for 2nd.

Big 10 and Big East are 3rd or 4th tier.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    SEC is tops.

Big 12 and Pac 10 are tied for 2nd.

Big 10 and Big East are 3rd or 4th tier.
    It's hard for anyone to argue against the SEC right now, and if LSU wins on Monday, it will be hard to deny the SEC champ a spot in the BCS championship in future years. I think the BCS learned it's lesson with the Auburn screw up.

Go Dawgs!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So the big 12 now stands at 4-4 after KU beat VT. Acc is now 2-6. All this proves that the ACC continues to suck since Miami and FSU have fallen off the map. Pump up the Big 12 if you want but it's still UT, OU and everyone else. KU and Mizz had once in a generation years. I personally think the Big 12 and Pac 10 are on about the same level with the Big 11 and Big Least way behind.

Give us a playoff so we can see who is better on the field instead of the stupid arguments!!!!

Big 12 is 5-3. Texas, KU, OSU, Missouri and Texas Tech all won their games, OU, A&M and Colorado lost.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Big 12 is 5-3. Texas, KU, OSU, Missouri and Texas Tech all won their games, OU, A&M and Colorado lost.
    Ooops, fixed.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    It would be interesting to see in each of their bowl games, which teams were favored to win and each conference's record in games they were not favored to win. Just another wrinkle to help evaluate those records.

And, while I'm a Michigan alum and a Big Ten guy, I'm not an extreme apologist. I realize that the Big Ten isn't as good as it used to be. But, also take into consideration that in four of their bowl games, the Big Ten played essentially road games because of location:

-Illinois played in the Rose Bowl against USC. Crowd was 75% Trojan and the Trojan football team didn't have to travel but a 30 minute drive.

-Michigan played in Orlando against Florida and probably about a 70% Florida crowd whose fanbase and football team also had a reasonable drive to the game.

-Penn State played Texas A&M in San Antonio in a decidedly pro Aggie stadium.

-And, Ohio State plays LSU in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Now, again, Big Ten is down from years past. They don't have the quality depth that the SEC or Pac 10 and probably not even the Big 12. But, the Big Ten are playing road games in these bowl games. And, by the way, they won 2 of the 3 already.

And, FYI, the Big Ten has a winning record against the SEC in bowl games. Michigan I believe is 7-3 against the SEC in bowl games.

Food for thought.
    Last edited by JamStone; 01-04-2008 at 12:52 PM.

and Big Least way behind.
    I always find it humorous when people continue to ridicule the Big East by calling it the "Least" even after one or more teams there show they can 'hang' with any other conference. Aren't you a Georgia fan? What happened to Georgia a couple years back in the Sugar Bowl? Also, the Big East went 5-0 last year in bowl games, and will more-than-likely be above .500 again this year, including a trouncing of the Big 12's best team. Some people have a strange definition of "least", I guess.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    I always find it humorous when people continue to ridicule the Big East by calling it the "Least" even after one or more teams there show they can 'hang' with any other conference. Aren't you a Georgia fan? What happened to Georgia a couple years back in the Sugar Bowl? Also, the Big East went 5-0 last year in bowl games, and will more-than-likely be above .500 again this year, including a trouncing of the Big 12's best team. Some people have a strange definition of "least", I guess.

we lost to WV because we didn't prepare for them like we should have. They put 21 on us in the first quarter and we lost 38-35. They needed a fake punt to hold us off. That loss is on us and not being prepared for two outstanding freshmen but in no way does it mean that the Big East are world beaters from top to bottom.

West Virginia
    Pittsburgh
    USF
    Louisville
    Rutgers
    Connecticut
    Syracuse
    Cincinnati

come on

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    It would be interesting to see in each of their bowl games, which teams were favored to win and each conference's record in games they were not favored to win. Just another wrinkle to help evaluate those records.
    I have B12's
    Winners as favorites:
    * Texas vs Arizona State (Horns favored by 2)
    * Okla State vs Indiana (Pokes by 4)
    * Missouri vs Arkansas (Tiggers by 3)
    * Texas Tech vs Virginia (Raiders by 6)

Winner as a Dog:
    * Kansas vs Virginia Tech ('Hawks a dog by 3)

Loser as Dogs:
    * Texas A&M vs Penn State (Aggies a dog by 5)

Losers as Favorites:
    * Oklahoma vs West Virginia (Sooners by 7)
    * Colorado vs Alabama ('Buffs by 3)

Just curious ... I wonder what this would show when number of teams per conference is figured in.
    Well.... pretty sure the conf everyone hypes as best (SEC) and the B12 both have 12 members, so not sure if that changes the arguement.

As for the comment that the B12 is still just UT and uo, that's is just either ignorant or uninformed. UT wasn't really even in the mix until a 3 years ago. They got their 1st BCS Bowl in 2005 with the infamous UT/Cal swap in the polls. They have only 2 BCS Bowls (05/06). Nebraska also has 2 BCS Bowls (00/02) to include a MNC game. They also were in a Bowl Alliance and/or Bowl Coalition every year from 92 - 98. KState has a BCS Bowl (04) and a Bowl Alliance Bowl, plus they are the reason for the 'KState Rule,' that says (said in this case since it applied before there was an extra game) that if you were in the Top 4 you got an auto bid. It is this rule that mandated UT get the spot over Cal in 05.

As for the comment on the BEast... I think they are fighting for last with the ACC. The last couple of years the BE has had a couple 'cinderella' or 'feel good' stories of undefeated teams that go far and get ranked higher, and yet every year they end up falling on their faces. There is a reason these teams don't get ranked highly in pre-season polls, because they play no one and aren't great teams as a whole. It seems every time a team gets a chance they don't come thru - L'ville, Rutgers, WVa (last 2 years), UConn, USF, Cincy. Sure, maybe its because they all beat up on each other. Well get used to that, buddy, cause it is life in the NCAA. How would you like to be OSU or ttek trying to break thru and playing UT, uo, atm every year plus 2 of Neb/KState/Mizzou/KU/CU (or in OSU's case last 2 years 3 of them)? Everyone beats up on everyone else. The truely good teams come thru most of the time. If you can't do that, can't put a team in the MNC, can't get 2 teams into the BCS by using an at-large on a regular basis, can't have 1 or 2 teams argueing that they should have been the at-large over someone else in their conf, then you can't be considered a better league than the B12, SEC, P10 or B10/1. Yes, you got screwed when Miami left, but they aren't doing so hot these days, either. Yes you have no high profile/major market teams and yes your teams are more often than not labeled as boring, and that isn't your fault. One year or one game isn't going to give the BE any respect in the long haul. Ask Hawaii how much respect they got from Boise's win last year.

Just found this site about 20 minutes ago. Be gentle while I find my way around.....

Thread Information