signing day is 30 days away...

how the do you bring in that kinda recruiting class with a 3-9 record and a coach who has yet to prove himself?

Post Count
    how the do you bring in that kinda recruiting class with a 3-9 record and a coach who has yet to prove himself?
    Media Exposure.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    Kansas State Wildcats
    Post Count
    because any kid who is recruited by notre dame immediately hits the radar and tends to go up in the rankings.

with the exception of a class or two by willingham, Notre Dame has ALWAYS landed top classes over the past 15 years.

it wasn't that the kids were all rated high because they were great prospects. it's that they were rated high because Notre Dame is recruiting them.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    That was the biggest knock on Mack until '05, is that he won or was in the top 5 (easy) of the recruiting list every year and never went anywhere.

Remember, the rankings are subjective and also rate potential. Jimmy Claussen was last year's #1 overall and he didn't look too hot when he played this year. The only 2006 top 10 that has made a splash yet is Spiller at Clemson (#8). Martellus Bennett was the overall #8 in 2005, who hasn't been all conf yet. The last ranking that was pretty spot on was 2004 when Peterman, Ginn and Doucet were 1, 2, 3. Of course, Bomar was #4. Fla St's Xavier Lee was #10 that year. In 2003, Reggie Bush was #2 but I haven't even heard of the majority of the top 20. 2002 starts out looking good, as VY is #1, but then you see Reggie McNeal at #5 and Marcus Vick at #8.

All subjective - take a good amount of ability, mix in some truths and some potential and you get the rankings. Hit or miss, for the most part. If a staff can't develop a player it means nothing. Rashaun Woods was a 2-star recruit.

OSU decided they needed help now, so they signed 7 JUCOs who are already enrolled.

Proud Silver Medalist Doug Collins's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That was the biggest knock on Mack until '05, is that he won or was in the top 5 (easy) of the recruiting list every year and never went anywhere.

Remember, the rankings are subjective and also rate potential. Jimmy Claussen was last year's #1 overall and he didn't look too hot when he played this year. The only 2006 top 10 that has made a splash yet is Spiller at Clemson (#8). Martellus Bennett was the overall #8 in 2005, who hasn't been all conf yet. The last ranking that was pretty spot on was 2004 when Peterman, Ginn and Doucet were 1, 2, 3. Of course, Bomar was #4. Fla St's Xavier Lee was #10 that year. In 2003, Reggie Bush was #2 but I haven't even heard of the majority of the top 20. 2002 starts out looking good, as VY is #1, but then you see Reggie McNeal at #5 and Marcus Vick at #8.

All subjective - take a good amount of ability, mix in some truths and some potential and you get the rankings. Hit or miss, for the most part. If a staff can't develop a player it means nothing. Rashaun Woods was a 2-star recruit.

OSU decided they needed help now, so they signed 7 JUCOs who are already enrolled.
    How are OSU's JUCOs ranked? Fran brought in a healthy amount of JUCOs his first couple years to build immediate depth with moderate success (M. Montgomery). Martellus was completely wasted at A&M. I don't know how he didn't explode at the coaching staff for hardly every throwing the freakin ball in his direction. Glad to see him jump to the NFL instead of wasting another year at A&M and potentially getting injured.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    How are OSU's JUCOs ranked? Fran brought in a healthy amount of JUCOs his first couple years to build immediate depth with moderate success (M. Montgomery). Martellus was completely wasted at A&M. I don't know how he didn't explode at the coaching staff for hardly every throwing the freakin ball in his direction. Glad to see him jump to the NFL instead of wasting another year at A&M and potentially getting injured.
    4 of them are 4-stars. The #2 JUCO DB, #4 RB and #4 DT.

OSU has also signed the #1 prep Kicker (thank goodness) of whom Chris Sailer says, "Quinn is a simply the best young kicker around. He has a great leg and gets the ball up quick. Kicks off the ground effortlessly. Has huge Kickoffs. The most fundamentally sound kicker that we have seen in years. He is ready!!! Oklahoma State is set for 4 years."

Sure could have used him against UT.

HS kickers are not always a sure thing, A&M signed Pegram who was a 4 star and Syzmanski who was supposed to be the #1 K in the stae if he hadnt left HS early and I think we could call them both dissapointments.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    exactly kids would kill to play on national television every week

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is Szymanski the Aggie kicker related to Szymanski the Baylor QB?

Proud Silver Medalist Doug Collins's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    HS kickers are not always a sure thing, A&M signed Pegram who was a 4 star and Syzmanski who was supposed to be the #1 K in the stae if he hadnt left HS early and I think we could call them both dissapointments.
    Pegram will forever be remembered as the guy who tried to avoid getting an MIP by hiding in his dorm room.

Thread Information