6. Ohio State
    7. Mizzou
    8. V.Tech
    9. Oklahoma
    10. Boston College

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    How can the system, which says Ohio and LSU are undoubtedly the top 2 teams, not have the loser 2nd?

I see the voters putting USC 2nd or 3rd, just because they are USC.

1 LSU
    2 Ohio
    3 USC
    4 UGA
    5 WVa
    6 KU
    7 Mizzou
    8 VaTek
    9 BC
    10 uo

1 Ohio
    2 USC
    3 LSU
    4 UGA
    5 WVa
    6 KU
    7 Mizzou
    8 VaTek
    9 BC
    10 uo

How can the system, which says Ohio and LSU are undoubtedly the top 2 teams, not have the loser 2nd?
    You may very well be right, however, if LSU loses I would highly suspect them dropping at least 4 positions. In reality (or IMHO), I think they should drop to at least 7th place if they lose. They already lost to TWO teams that are currently UNRANKED, therefore, to me they shouldn't even be in the championship.

You're probably right about USC, too. This current system just leaves TOO much favoritism to the "brand" teams. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if they rank Oklahoma ahead of WVU even though WVU pasted them just because they are "Oklahoma".

Edit: And, Oklahoma>Missouri>Kansas and WVU>Oklahoma, so one would assume WVU would be ranked higher than Kansas, but it won't happen.

Hunker down you hairy Dawgs! romad_20's Avatar
    My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    If LSU loses

1 OSU
    2 USC
    3 UGA

if LSU wins

1 LSU
    2 UGA
    3 USC

No way does LSU stay in front of UGA if they lose. If LSU loses all 3 of the teams that jumped UGA in the final standings would have lost their bowls. Good Job BCS.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    the loser is always 2nd, it's written in the framework of the BCS, just as the #1 team in the BCS wins the #1 in the Coaches poll no matter what

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    the loser is always 2nd, it's written in the framework of the BCS, just as the #1 team in the BCS wins the #1 in the Coaches poll no matter what
    Is it really? Does that apply for the AP as well?

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Is it really? Does that apply for the AP as well?
    From what I remember, I think the AP is the only poll that has no lines at which it has to vote by( USC national le in 2003 is the prime example). I think the Harris and Coaches poll have to vote 1 and 2, and the computers will vote the same so it works itself out that way. That is why tOSU was still #2 last year even though they got beat down in the MNC game

That's got to be the most ridiculous "rule" I've ever heard. This BCS system is really ruining what was once a great post-season tradition. There was an article last week on Yahoo! where the writer said that even pre-BCS there was still some common sense when it came to rankings after the bowl games. This current system shows signs of lunacy with each year.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can't find a 'final' version anywhere. Are you sure BCS does a final? Because they already know who is the #1.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    That's got to be the most ridiculous "rule" I've ever heard. This BCS system is really ruining what was once a great post-season tradition. There was an article last week on Yahoo! where the writer said that even pre-BCS there was still some common sense when it came to rankings after the bowl games. This current system shows signs of lunacy with each year.
    It's not that big of a deal really, who cares who finishes 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

It's not that big of a deal really, who cares who finishes 2nd, 3rd and 4th?
    From a general fan's point of view, it's more for bragging rights. From a team's perspective it helps position themselves for the next year. As we have seen this year, "branding" is definitely something that helps teams, but also inhibits other teams in the polls.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    I think it's a big deal for UGA, USC, UF,OU and OSU. They all have the majority of their players coming back and it will play a part in preseason ranking.

I think it's a big deal for UGA, USC, UF,OU and OSU. They all have the majority of their players coming back and it will play a part in preseason ranking.
    As does WVU and Missouri (if key players don't bail for the NFL). should prove to be an interesting season.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    honestly, it's not that big of a deal for OSU. We have finished top 5 in 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2006 and that if we lose tonight finishing top 5 won't be a big deal. We have been there done that, all we want is a championship

they aren't undoubtedly the top 2 teams. they happen to be at the top, mathematically, at the end of a season where everyone supposed to play for the le lost. lsu is the first team ever with 2 losses in the BCS championship.

i hope SC finishes #1 in the AP poll...

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count
    AP

1 LSU (60)
    2 UGA (3)
    3 USC (1)
    4 Mizz
    5 Ohio State

AP

1 LSU (60)
    2 UGA (3)
    3 USC (1)
    4 Mizz
    5 Ohio State
    ! damn...

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Miz-zou!!!!!!!

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    we will see if that BCS thing holds up, but I'm almost certain it is a byline, but we will see

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Whoa, KU is 7th? Geez they STILL get no respect.

So... the SEC may have won it all and has the #1 and #2, but the B12 has 4 in the Top 10. That's pretty decent. Only other conf with 2 was ACC (9/10).

4 of OSU's 6 losses were to Top 10 teams. That's got to be pretty tough to beat.
    Last edited by MajorMike; 01-08-2008 at 10:37 AM.

My Team
    Georgia Bulldogs
    Post Count

So... the SEC may have won it all and has the #1 and #2, but the B12 has 4 in the Top 10. That's pretty decent. Only other conf with 2 was ACC (9/10).

4 of OSU's 6 losses were to Top 10 teams. That's got to be pretty tough to beat.

You and your Big 12 love.

This whole season has been a ranking nightmare. Oklahoma beat Missouri not once, but twice and are a 3-4 spots behind them in the final AP and USA Today poll. Crazy. Additionally, WVU pasted this same Oklahoma team, but is 1-2 spots behind Missouri. Crazy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    but the B12 has 4 in the Top 10. That's pretty decent.

Good year for the Big 12.

From the looks of that stat above, I'd say you're the best 6-loss team in the nation.
    Last edited by degenerate_gambler; 01-08-2008 at 02:36 PM.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count

Apparently with 6 losses, OSU wasn't pretty tough to beat.

Where are they supposed to be? They have to be lower then Mizzou

Thread Information