I understand why he did it. He was being severely underutilized on this team and I'm sure he's pissed about that. Good luck to him.

Texas redshirt sop re tight end Jermichael Finley (Diboll, Texas/Diboll High School) has elected to leave school early and enter the 2008 NFL Draft, the Honorable Mention All-Big 12 selection said on Wednesday.

"The NFL is every football player's dream, and when my NFL grade came back, it was encouraging, and I felt like it was in my best interest to enter the draft," Finley said. "I've worked really hard for three years at Texas to prepare for this, and I think I'm ready for the challenge. Coach Chambers and all of the coaches have helped me improve and taught me so much that I can't thank them enough.

"I want to thank Coach {Mack] Brown for the great opportunity he gave me and everything I learned from him. He's a great man. Playing at Texas was the experience of a lifetime. Austin, the campus, every one in the football program and the fans have all treated me so well. It's a first-class place, and I'll really miss it. The win in the Holiday Bowl, getting another 10 wins and the team coming together capped off a great experience for me at UT.

"I really enjoyed the opportunity to help out the younger guys, especially Josh [Marshall] and Blaine [Irby]. They're both great guys and will be great players, so I look forward to watching them and all of the Longhorns. The future is bright at Texas, and I'll always be a Longhorn."

Finley closed in on UT's single-season reception records for a tight end as a third-year sop re in 2007. He started all 13 games and caught 45 passes (No. 2 on the UT single-season list) for 575 yards (No. 3 on the UT single-season list) and two touchdowns. He highlighted the year when he caught four passes for a UT tight end single-game record 149 yards against Oklahoma, including catches of 58 and 55 yards.

"Jermichael is a great kid who has worked hard to improve in each of his three years with us," said Brown. "He finished his career ranked among the most productive receiving tight ends in school history and handled himself well both on and off the field during his time at Texas. He's leaving in good academic standing, and we hope he will come back to finish his degree in the future. We thank him, support him and look forward to following him in the NFL."

A 2006 Honorable Mention Freshman All-American, Finley set UT freshman records with 31 receptions for 372 yards and three touchdowns that year. He ranks third on the UT all-time tight end list in receptions (76) and sixth in receiving yards (947). He also caught five touchdown passes. He spent the 2005 season redshirting.

Information provided by TexasSports.com.
    http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=7588484

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i still don't understand why colt hardly ever threw to dude, he was open most of the time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I understand why he did it. He was being severely underutilized on this team and I'm sure he's pissed about that. Good luck to him.

well, that and he's supposedly got two kids and another on the way..

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i still don't understand why colt hardly ever threw to dude, he was open most of the time.

after the ou game he was pretty much invisible.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No .

Thanks Greg Davis you for brains.

No .

Thanks Greg Davis you for brains.

Texas needs to find a decent HC and OC and move Mack over to recruiting only. They'd win the NC every year with the talent they have. They just don't have the brains today to nurture all the talent they have.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He could be the 2nd TE off the board behind Fred Davis.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He could be the 2nd TE off the board behind Fred Davis.

A&M's Bennett will go before Finley.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M's Bennett will go before Finley.
    Bennett is a bit slow and not as athletic as Finley.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bennett is a bit slow and not as athletic as Finley.

Agreed with you there...but Bennett's a much better blocker.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC

Most NFL teams are willing to let go off that when it comes to athleticism, and you can always teach blocking techs.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    ROFL
    a tight end leaving as a sop re

gotta love college sports
    in a

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That was the quietest 45 catch season in recent memory. What does that work out to, three-plus catches a game?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    I did not hear his number called ONCE after that OU game

ing colt mccoy you stupid country
    mookie hyped this guy up so much, and we still have absolutely no idea what he can do on a season-to-season basis

Thread Information