Texas Tech 0-0 7-3
    Colorado 0-0 7-3
    Baylor 0-0 6-3
    Nebraska 0-0 6-4
    Missouri 0-0 7-5

What is wrong with this picture?

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    If the Ags can win just 4 Big 12 games, they can make the NIT and that will be a first step in getting back to being a good bball team and a top 20 team in the next 2 yrs.

Post Count
    What is wrong with this picture?
    The fact that no one has played a conference game yet.

Jim, you think 15 wins will get them into the NIT? I would say at least 18.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    The fact that no one has played a conference game yet.

Jim, you think 15 wins will get them into the NIT? I would say at least 18.

Mikey, NIT, not NCAA.

Post Count
    uh... o!

Jim, you think 15 wins will get them into the NIT ? I would say at least 18.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    Mikey, teams get in to NIT with 14 wins all the time.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Fifteen should do it. The NIT is about politics and money, and the AD at A&M is more than willing to take care of the latter and knows enough people to handle the former.

I think we'll get at least 6 though.

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    What's wrong with the picture? Every team in the Big 12 is over .500. In my opinion the Aggies will need 17 or 18 W's to go to the NIT, and that's a tall order for them to go 6-10 or 7-9 having to play OSU, UT, OU, and Tech twice each.

Post Count
    Sorry, Tech sucks this year. Without Emmett they aren't all that. We'll at least beat them at home, possibly on the road in Lubbock too.

Post Count
    Mikey, teams get in to NIT with 14 wins all the time.
    usually if they are from the ACC. The Big 12 should be strong though so anything is possible, I still think 14 wins won't be enough though. Hopefully I am wrong, I want as many Big 12 teams in post-season play as possible.

Post Count
    First off, beating UH and Penn State makes them look a lot better with that 11-0 mark. Their next four games are @ KU, vs UT, @ Tech, and vs OU. Maybe, and a big one at that, they go 1-3. Then somewhat of a breather with K-State, Nebraska, and Baylor...maybe 2-1? Then another stretch with games @ OU, vs Mizzou, vs Okie State, and @ UT. Probably 0-4, but maybe 1-3. At best, they're 15-7, 4-7 at this point. They finish with CU at home, vs ISU, vs Tech, @ OSU, and @ Baylor. Say best case 2-3. That puts them at 17-10, 6-10 with about a seven seed in the conference tourney. If they can pull that off, I think they'll get an NIT bid. It's just really tough in the Big 12.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    I think 15 wins will get them in. They might win more, but I am staying on the side of caution here. Afterall, they have not won too many conference games lately.....like 0 for that matter.

Post Count
    from http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ndy&id=1959695

Big 12
    Kansas, Oklahoma State and Texas seem to be the only locks at this juncture.

Kansas: Great win over Georgia Tech; good wins over South Carolina, Pacific, Vermont, TCU, Nevada, UWM all as the home team.

Oklahoma State: Great win over Syracuse in New York; good wins at UNLV, UAB and at SMU. Good loss: Gonzaga in Oklahoma City.

Texas: Good win at Seton Hall, also beat Tennessee in Maui and UNLV at home; Good losses to Iowa in Maui and at Wake Forest.

Texas A&M: Best wins were over Houston and at Penn State. Nothing else stands out, and this team must win quality games in the Big 12.

Kansas State: Best win was at Wyoming. Not much else to put on re´sume´ outside of gaudy record.

Oklahoma: Best win was over Minnesota in Alaska and at Purdue; good losses were to Washington and Duke in New York.

Iowa State: Best win was over Virginia; the good losses are mounting with Iowa, Northern Iowa and Xavier all on the road.

Missouri: Best wins were over Indiana and Gonzaga at home; questionable losses were to Arkansas and Davidson at home and then Creighton and Houston on neutral court in Kansas City.

Texas Tech: Best win is at UTEP; Good losses to Ohio State in Dallas and Iowa in Chicago, although by a wide margin.

Kansas State, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Missouri and Oklahoma still have loads of work to do in the Big 12 to earn a bid.

Post Count
    Kansas beat A&M 65-60 but the Ags played them tough the whole game.

Post Count
    BTW, Houston beat Pitino and #16 Louisville tonight (the Ags beat U of H by 13 last week).

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    A&M played Kansas tough last year too. I went to that game and I think the Ags only lost by 4 or 5 last year too.

Thread Information