http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1958262

Alexander erupts over missed stat opportunity
    Associated Press

Seattle's Shaun Alexander has questioned why coach Mike Holmgren called a quarterback sneak in the Seahawks' big win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.

Alexander ended up finishing 1 yard behind Curtis Martin for the NFL season rushing le.

In the locker room after the game, Alexander said he felt "stabbed in the back."

In his postgame comments, Holmgren said he wanted Alexander to win the rushing le. But the Falcons drove 69 yards in the final 4:28 to pull within 28-26 before failing to convert the 2-point try.

Holmgren gave his players Monday off, and the Seahawks initially weren't planning interviews. However, team officials now say Alexander will speak at a 7 p.m. ET news conference.

The fifth-year running back has had an outstanding season. He reached the Pro Bowl for the second straight year with a career-high and franchise-record 1,696 yards rushing.

The Seahawks will play the opening round of the playoffs at home on Saturday. Seattle clinched the NFC West le with Sunday's win.

--------------

What a .

Post Count
    What a .
    my wife's favorite word.

Post Count
    One damned yard...he needs to just shut the up. They're in the playoffs for christ's sake. Who cares about winning the rushing le? Unless he had it in his contract he would get a bonus about it, but so what? Holmgren was thinking of winning the game.

I don't know what was worse, Alexanders' ing or watching Randy Moss just walk off the field before the game was over against Washington.

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hmmm...well, he's in a contract year and maybe he feels this will cost him some money. Otherwise, who cares? Maybe he should have been running for 150 like Martin instead of 80 and getting dragged down behind the line in that second to last drive.

If they would have lost, wouldn't have Seattle had to go to St Louis next weekend instead of the other way around?

Post Count
    If they would have lost, wouldn't have Seattle had to go to St Louis next weekend instead of the other way around?
    Yes

"Wait a minute, you mean Alexander DIDN'T win the rushing le! that, I'm not going to give him a contract. I mean, he can't even eke out one ing yard for God's sake!"

Post Count
    Just what I like to hear.

Unrest in the Seattle camp.

Add that to the Seahawks being the Ram's , things are lookin better for saturday.

Hopefully the Ram's D keeps up its good play from the past two weeks.

two touchdowns in two games, only 1 rushing, is much improved.

The Ram's D is hitting its peak and hitting its stride at the perfect time.

The Miami Dolphins would like to welcome their new RB.....#37 Shaun Alexander

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Alexander has already apologized.
    I think it was a sincere apology. He's a good guy. He just let his emotions get the best of him. He said that in his apology. Dont bash the guy for saying something in the heat of the moment, without taking into consideration the guys character. He isn't Randy Moss or anything.

Just my opinion.

Heat of the moment, my ass.

First off, let's say it took ten minutes after the last play the Seahawks ran until the end of the game, after which was theoretically, a euphoric celebration of clinching the division. Then, after five minutes to trek to the locker room, there's a five-to-fifteen minute "cooling off" period before the media are allowed to enter to ask questions.

That's not enough time to cool yourself?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He still apologized. Again, you gotta look at the character of the guy. He made a mistake, and he realized it was a mistake and apologized for it.

Alexander said he hadn't spoken to Holmgren and insisted there was no reason to apologize to him or teammates.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ESPN televised his apology on sportscenter yesterday. Again, if he were Randy Moss or T.O. or something, I would think differently. But, from what I heard him say yesterday, I give him the benifit of the doubt, based on character. Now, if something else negative comes up in the future with him, then I'll change my opinion.

Alexander said he hadn't spoken to Holmgren and insisted there was no reason to apologize to him or teammates.

Thread Information