Post Count
    AP: 1 USC, 2 Auburn, 3 OU, 4 Utah, 5 Texas
    Coaches: 1 USC, 2 Auburn, 3 OU, 4 Texas, 5 Utah

Texas trailed OU by 42 points in the coaches poll and was 24 ahead of Utah. In the AP, OU led Utah by 16; Utah led Texas by 47.

Other rankings of note:
    Cal was 9 in the AP, with Michigan at 14 and Tech at 18. In the coaches', Cal was 9, Michigan 12 and Tech 17.

Stunningly, aggy still got scattered votes in each poll.

Post Count
    Who cares!!!! The only one that matters is #1. Second best doesn't buy you much.

Post Count
    I take more stock in what a coach thinks than what a writer thinks, but I did agree that Utah should be ahead of Texas.

I'm with you, mikey, I can't see how the coaches can put an undefeated Utah team behind a Texas team that was shut out by OU.

Solid end of the year finish for Tech, all things considered -- first time Tech has been in the top 20 at season's end since 1976 (interesting side note: Bill Parcells was on the Tech staff at that time). A good finish and a good bowl win with some added national exposure should help recruiting on the South Plains and give the Red Raiders a good chance to stay within an upset's distance of a divisional le.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Second best doesn't buy you much.
    What does 1st place buy you?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Utah will never get any respect because of the conference they come from.
    they're always going to be shunned and that sucks.

Rich and Smooth
    Post Count
    I say boot Iowa State out and bring them into the Big 12

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    After BYU won the le in 84, both BYU and Utah applied to join the PAC-10. They were denied. Nobody wants either team on their schedule; they're too afraid to lose. Utah proved that this year!

It's 11:46...and OU STILL sucks!!!!! jalbre6's Avatar
    Post Count
    I say boot Iowa State out and bring them into the Big 12
    If they're kicking anyone out, it needs to be Baylor. Iowa St won the Big 12 North and its bowl game.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    After BYU won the le in 84, both BYU and Utah applied to join the PAC-10. They were denied. Nobody wants either team on their schedule; they're too afraid to lose.[I] Utah proved that this year!
    --- --- Let's not get crazy & lose out common sense now. Besides, a couple of yrs ago UT took steps to put OSU & Utah on their sched for the next 5 yrs. Next yr is the 1st yr w/a home & home w/the Buckeyes & then at least 3 w/Utah.

Thread Information