Rich and Smooth
    Post Count
    Mack Brown needs to work his recruiting magic and quick!!!!!

I saw this last night on the news but have not been able to locate any on-line sourses, But Ryan Perrillouex (sp?) looks to be waffling on his committment to UT! Any body have any more news on this?

Post Count
    I saw that too. Guess your word doesn't mean much in Louisiana.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    You guys need to realize, there's more money in Louisiana than Austin, especially with Les Miles at the helm.

Post Count
    this is old news, who knows if its even coming from him.

However UT has a very good chance of landing the #1 WR in the land Fred Rouse from FL.

Post Count
    Perrilloux still says Texas is his favorite so far but he is definitely looking around. He is taking January trips to LSU, Florida State, Miami and Mississippi State.

Vince Youngs performance in the Rose Bowl certainly didn't make the decision any easier. With Young generally considered not to be pro material it is fairly safe to assume that he will be staying two more years and Perrilloux going to Texas would create the mother of all quarterback controversies...it would definitely eclipse the Applewhite/Sims controversy...it might just be easier for him to go somewhere he can get an uncontested starter job...this kid is probably headed for the pros after a couple of years anyway...

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    It has been rumored for a few wks that Ryan & Fred might be trying to going to the same school & that RP was waffling on his UT commitment. http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncaa/recrui...ory?id=1948313

Post Count
    uhm Perrilloux is Yong v 2.0. They are almost the exact same qb coming out of high school. Young was the #1 recruit in the land when he came out, if hes not pro material then why would Perrilloux be?

Post Count
    Perriloux has a better passing stroke and can throw the deep ball...Youngs sidearm style has historically had a problem translating to the pros...plus...rushing/running quarterbacks are great in college but scare the out of pro scout/coaches because of injury concerns...

I've been telling everyone that for 3 months.

LSU has no answer at QB.

Despite missing spring practice, he would still be a contender to start, a la Chris Leak at Florida.

LSU would be closer to home and he doesn't want to sit on the bench another 2 years.

Although, I'm sick of kids having the world revolve around them and their pick.
    As an LSU fan, I would love to have them, but won't lose any sleep over it.

Post Count
    WR J Finley has switched his committment from AZ(?) to UT

Post Count
    uhm Perrilloux is Yong v 2.0. They are almost the exact same qb coming out of high school. Young was the #1 recruit in the land when he came out, if hes not pro material then why would Perrilloux be?
    Number one outside Reggie.

Post Count
    it depended on which recruiting ranking you saw. some had Young #1....to be fair though, more had McNeil #1. There are so many nowadays you can't be sure of an exact number.

Post Count
    haha no one had McNeil #1, no one respectful anyways

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah, rivals is *so* respectful.

Like I said, any La. recruit that LSU wants will not get out of La. The Cajuns have their hands everywhere in that state, and use money, intimidation, death threats, job offers, etc. to keep who they want.

If they want Perriloux, tu may as well move on to plan B (that, or Mack needs to call up Hicks and McCombs and ask for more money).

Post Count
    I think Mack can get just about anything he wants right now. His team sacked up & wasn't embarassed in a bowl game.

yes, the death threats worked with nick saban staying at coach

Thread Information